Around The NFL

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Geesh. One played in a QB-friendly system that made Mark Sanchez look pro bowl quality and the other was in QB purgatory in Tennessee. That has to factor in. My guess is Locker would have been every bit as successful as Foles in Philly, counting on him staying healthy.

whoa, whoa, whoa...Foles started with 20 TDs and 0 INTs...you have to give him credit for that. I dont care if Brady, marino, or Montana were back there, saying they'd throw 20 TDs without an INT is unrealistic. I think you have to give foles credit for what he did without saying player X, no shot at Locker, any QB for that matter, could step in and do that. You have to pat a guy on the back for being that hot for that long a period. He was a top 3 QB for a stretch there and virtually unstoppable. A lot of that is Chip, and a lot is executing very well for a long period of time (no tipped INTs or anything, very cautious and precise playing). I think sayingyou could remove Foles and plug in player X is not fair to what Foles did that season. It was remarkable, IMO.

E

eaglenj

Geesh. One played in a QB-friendly system that made Mark Sanchez look pro bowl quality and the other was in QB purgatory in Tennessee. That has to factor in. My guess is Locker would have been every bit as successful as Foles in Philly, counting on him staying healthy.

While Fole's system was QB friendly, the system is not able to prevent turnovers, as sanchez showed us.

What metric is there that would lead you to believe that jake locker would have thrived in the eagles system? Was he accurate in college - because he never once completed 60% of his passes in a season at Washington.

Jake Locker is an excellent athlete who has been hyped his entire life due to that athleticism yet never actually been a successful QB - he wasnt in college and he hasnt been in 4 seasons in the pros.

If you want to bring him in as a backup, ok, but Foles has exhibited better accuracy and the ability to not turn the ball over, 2 things locker never has.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Brandon Graham - LB - Eagles
Sources tell CSN Philadelphia the Giants may make free agent DE Brandon Graham "an offer he can't refuse."

Tyvon Branch - DB - Free Agent
The Jets are expected to pursue free agent SS Tyvon Branch, according to the New York Post.
The Chiefs, Colts and Redskins have also checked in on Branch. 2015 is considered a weak draft for safeties, so Branch and others are getting a long look in free agency. Though talented, Branch comes with plenty of risk. He's appeared in just five of a possible 32 games over the last two seasons, leading to questions about his durability. The UConn alum turned 28 in December.
Related: Jets

Jermey Parnell - T - Jaguars
Jaguars agreed to terms with OT Jermey Parnell on a five-year, $32 million contract.
Parnell entered the league as a Saints UDFA in 2009 with no position. He bounced around practice squads before finding a home in Dallas as a tackle and made his first NFL start in 2012. Parnell has started just six more games since then, splitting time with Doug Free at Dallas' right tackle spot last season. It's a risky signing by the cap-rich Jags and likely a case of them overpaying to land their man. Parnell, entering his age-29 season, was our No. 8 free agent tackle available. The Cowboys re-signed Free for three years and $15 million.
Related: Jaguars

F

flgreen

NFLTradeRumors.co 9m .

Jets Among Teams With Interest In Free Agent S Tyvon Branch nfltraderumors.co

Blogger / Podcaster

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Man, this team couldn't get laid in a whore house with a briefcase of money. No one will take our cash.

Ron Parker - DB - Chiefs
According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins' interest in free agent DB Ron Parker is "quite real."
We keep seeing obvious agent-pushed tweets from reporters stating several teams have interest in Parker. This would seem to be the first team with a genuine intention of trying to him. Parker can play cornerback and safety and is an incredible athlete. He could start at corner in Miami.
Related: Dolphins

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Maybe we should bring in Sapp as a consultant.

Well, we brought in Branch for a visit and Richardson is on the payroll and both have already had verbal matches with Sapp...plus Sapp got caught over a couple hundred bucks offer, cheapo, he deserved to get caught. :)

F

flgreen

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors .

Dolphins Among 6-8 Legitimate Suitors For S Ron Parker nfltraderumors.co
2m .
Blogger / Podcaster Reply
Retweet
Favorite

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors .

Dolphins Among 6-8 Legitimate Suitors For S Ron Parker nfltraderumors.co
2m .
Blogger / Podcaster Reply
Retweet
Favorite

He's a poor man's McCourty, a guy that has size and can play FS and CB and macthes up with pass catching TEs. They used him to replace Eric Berry. He'd be a real nice addition, but the more teams I see in on offers, the less likely I feel we get these guys. Man, I wish that Lupati rumor about Iupati was true...

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
He's a poor man's McCourty, a guy that has size and can play FS and CB and macthes up with pass catching TEs. They used him to replace Eric Berry. He'd be a real nice addition, but the more teams I see in on offers, the less likely I feel we get these guys. Man, I wish that Lupati rumor about Iupati was true...

Good one.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Lets face it, the appeal of South Beach is huge for these players. They see all of those hot broads walking around in thongs and its like, okay, where do I sign?

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Mark Ingram - RB - Saints
Mark Ingram's four-year, $16 million deal contains $7.6 million guaranteed and a $3.6 million signing bonus.
The base salaries are $1 million (2015), $3 million (2016 and 2017), and $4 million (2018). His salaries in 2015 and 2016 are both fully guaranteed. As the salaries never become bloated, the contractual structure suggests the Saints intend for Ingram to play out the entire deal. With an increased commitment to the running game as Drew Brees shows signs of decline, Ingram will be a candidate for RB1 fantasy production going forward.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Sean Weatherspoon deal with Cardinals expected to get done

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 9, 2015, 11:41 AM EDT
Panthers Falcons Football
AP
New Falcons coach Dan Quinn wanted to build around linebacker Sean Weatherspoon.

It doesn’t appear he’s going to be able to do so.

According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, the Cardinals are working on a deal with Weatherspoon, which “should get done.”

Weatherspoon’s coming off two injury plagued seasons, an Achilles tear last year and a Lisfranc sprain in 2013 which limited him to seven games.

But the Cardinals have a need for a playmaker in the middle of their defense, and would be a good spot for him to establish himself again.