Around The NFL

F

flgreen

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
Follow
Well-placed 49ers official on report that SF is seeking to trade QB Colin Kaepernick: "Totally false. 0% truth."
9:15 AM - 9 Mar 2015

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
How bout this three-way trade ...

1. Foles to the Rams and they move down from 10 to 20, which is the equivalent of a mid 2nd RD Pick

2. Bradford to the Jets and they move down from 6 to 10, which is the equivalent of a late 2nd RD Pick

3. Eagles move up from 20 to 6 and maybe they throw the Jets and Rams another pick.

Way too much wheeling & dealing, lets just sign Jake Locker and let him battle it with Geno. If they both suck, we have 3 really good QB's coming out next season. Let's not force a trade out of desperation and get screwed in the end ! Let's build the Jets the right way!

Go Jets...Cyborg

F

flgreen

Dianna Marie Russini ✔ @NBCdianna
Follow
I'm told Brandon Graham has multiple offers and it's down to Philly and New York. #Eagles #Giants
2:26 PM - 9 Mar 2015

OCCH

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Way too much wheeling & dealing, lets just sign Jake Locker and let him battle it with Geno. If they both suck, we have 3 really good QB's coming out next season. Let's not force a trade out of desperation and get screwed in the end ! Let's build the Jets the right way!

Go Jets...Cyborg

But the GMs are the ones doing the wheeling and dealing -- the fans just decide which side of the deal they land on.

Personally, if you're telling me all I have to do to get Bradford is move from 6 to 10, I'm SERIOUSLY considering it.

(Of course, I'm not a doctor any more than a GM, so in my scenario Bradford doesn't get knocked out in the 3rd game of the preseason) . . .

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
whoa, whoa, whoa...Foles started with 20 TDs and 0 INTs...you have to give him credit for that. I dont care if Brady, marino, or Montana were back there, saying they'd throw 20 TDs without an INT is unrealistic. I think you have to give foles credit for what he did without saying player X, no shot at Locker, any QB for that matter, could step in and do that. You have to pat a guy on the back for being that hot for that long a period. He was a top 3 QB for a stretch there and virtually unstoppable. A lot of that is Chip, and a lot is executing very well for a long period of time (no tipped INTs or anything, very cautious and precise playing). I think sayingyou could remove Foles and plug in player X is not fair to what Foles did that season. It was remarkable, IMO.

Who said Locker would go 20-0 with TD/INT? I sure didn't. We are not cherry picking stats here. We are looking at the whole resume. And while Foles got off to a blazing start, he was under 60% completion this past year with 13-10 TD/INT while throwing to Matthews, Maclin, and Cooper, McCoy backing him up, and a system that makes it simple on the QB.

I do like Foles better so I'm not sure what has anyone up in arms right now. But I don't think the gap between him and Locker is half of what some others seem to think it is. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Locker have a Rich Gannon kind of career track.

F

flgreen

NFL MEMO

Clubs were advised of the rules for the three-day negotiating period in PP-23-15 (attached). These rules include limitations such as that a club cannot make an 'offer;' or enter into a written or oral agreement of any kind, express or implied, or make promises or representations of any type concerning the terms or conditions of employment to be offered to any Unrestricted Free Agent for inclusion in a Player Contract after the start of the new League Year; or provide assurances of intent as to the future execution of an NFL Player Contract.
"Clubs were further advised that "Any attempt to undermine the purpose of this negotiating period may be considered conduct detrimental to the League." At this time, the League office is beginning investigations into a number of reported agreements with clubs. Violations will be dealt with accordingly."

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Brett Keisel - DL - Free Agent
Steelers released DE Brett Keisel.
Related: Steelers

Andre Johnson - WR - Free Agent
Texans released WR Andre Johnson.
This move was expected for several days. Johnson is a 33-year-old possession receiver at this stage of his career, but definitely is still capable of helping an offense as an extremely competitive receiver with sure hands and natural leadership skills. The Ravens have been thrown around as a likely suitor. Gary Kubiak would probably love to have Johnson in Denver, but the Broncos are flush with wideouts.
Related: Texans

Darrelle Revis - DB - Patriots
The Patriots have declined Darrelle Revis' $20 million team option for 2015, making him a free agent.
The expected move has Revis within inches of the open market, but Yahoo's Charles Robinson repots the sides are still talking. The Pats have reportedly asked Brandon Browner to restructure his contract, a sign they're trying to free up some money for a new Revis deal. There's still a strong chance New England keeps its No. 1 corner, but Revis has a history of following the money. Other teams will likely offer more of it on the open market.

Brandon Graham - LB - Eagles
Free agent DE Brandon Graham is reportedly seeking a four-year deal worth $30 million, with $20 million guaranteed.
This is a max price and not necessarily what Graham will get paid. The New York Daily News confirms the Giants are in prime contention for Graham, while the Dolphins and Titans are also pursuing him. The Fins are a tough sell because they are already so deep on the defensive line. The Titans would be an un-ideal fit, as they run a 3-4 and Graham is best suited for a 4-3.

DeMarco Murray - RB - Cowboys
Profootballtalk reports free agent DeMarco Murray is "willing to move on" from the Cowboys.
A source tells PFT that Murray "plans to take his time and be methodical in his thought processes." To us, it sounds like Murray's market isn't developing the way he thought it would. The "willing to move on" nugget comes across as an empty threat to a team that clearly isn't willing to meet Murray's price, which is reported to be $8 million per year. If Murray has other suitors, they're remaining mostly under the radar.

Brian Orakpo - LB - Redskins
NBC Washington reports the Falcons have emerged as the "frontrunner" to sign free agent OLB Brian Orakpo.
New Falcons coach Dan Quinn may be eyeing Orakpo to play the "Leo" pass rusher role in his 4-3 under defense. Atlanta is also targeting Brooks Reed, whose strengths are versus the run and in pass coverage. The Falcons will have to hold off the Cardinals, Colts, and Redskins to land 28-year-old Orakpo.
Related: Falcons

Tramon Williams - DB - Packers
The Packers remain "in play" for free agent CB Tramon Williams.
Green Bay is competing with "multiple teams" for Williams' services, per beat writer Ty Dunne. The Eagles and Seahawks are known to have interest. Packers GM Ted Thompson could view 25-year-old free agent Davon House as a younger fallback option if 32-year-old Williams leaves for greener pastures.

Jared Odrick - DL - Jaguars
Jaguars agreed to terms with DL Jared Odrick on a deal worth $7 million per season.
The cap-rich Jaguars add Odrick to a free-agency haul that already includes Julius Thomas and Jermey Parnell. It's an underrated signing, as 27-year-old Odrick can step in as a 307-pound "big" defensive end for Gus Bradley. Odrick will likely play three technique until Sen'Derrick Marks (ACL) returns. Odrick posted 16.5 sacks over the last four years for the Dolphins, showing an ability to push the pocket from the interior while also playing at a plus level against the run.

Bryan Bulaga - T - Packers
The Bills have shown interest in free agent RT Bryan Bulaga.
They're also looking into Mike Iupati. Buffalo's offensive line woes are well-documented and with just over $25 million left in cap room, the Bills still have enough cash to land a top-flight free agent. Bulaga certainly fits the bill. We have him rated as the No. 1 tackle available in free agency. Bulaga is hoping to net annual earnings of close to $8 million.
Related: Bills

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
All that cap money and no one to spend it on!! $55 million for Revis! He will want to renegotiate next year for more...

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
All that cap money and no one to spend it on!! $55 million for Revis! He will want to renegotiate next year for more...

Im starting to think we have to give Suh money to every free agent we want to play for us. "hey Brian Hoyer, how does $20 mill per season sound? But wait, don't sign with the Texans for $5 mill a season?!?!?! Dang, lost another one. Ryan Fitzpatrick, want $20 mill?"

F

flgreen

Brian Costello 3m
Jets remain active in free agency trying to get deals done. They are not waiting on one player. #nyj
Beat Writer / Columnist

F

flgreen

Adam Caplan 14m
On Hoyer as of a few min minutes ago: He's leaning towards #Texans , but #Jets still in it.
TV / Radio Personality

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I just want a signing to wet our appetites. Anybody!! Lupati, Klecko, Jeter, Namath!!

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
NFL MEMO

Clubs were advised of the rules for the three-day negotiating period in PP-23-15 (attached). These rules include limitations such as that a club cannot make an 'offer;' or enter into a written or oral agreement of any kind, express or implied, or make promises or representations of any type concerning the terms or conditions of employment to be offered to any Unrestricted Free Agent for inclusion in a Player Contract after the start of the new League Year; or provide assurances of intent as to the future execution of an NFL Player Contract.
"Clubs were further advised that "Any attempt to undermine the purpose of this negotiating period may be considered conduct detrimental to the League." At this time, the League office is beginning investigations into a number of reported agreements with clubs. Violations will be dealt with accordingly."

Let me be worried when you figure out deflate gate. The NFL picks and chose the rules it wishes to enforce; ie, they do t enforce rules when the pats violate them, but everyone else better follow the rules!