Around The NFL

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Hop, We already got Marshall, I want a FA signing soon!

Even the Knicks signed a FA from Korea (Winone Soon)!

F

flgreen

profile photo
J.P. Pelzman 7m
RT @DWAZ73: Ex-Jet stays in KC RT [MENTION=226]Mike[/MENTION]DeVito70: Contract stuff is done! Thanks for another chance #chiefs #chiefs Nation! I won't let you d…
Beat Writer / Columnist

F

flgreen

Revis to hit the market on Tuesday

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
Revis
Getty Images
The Patriots won’t be paying cornerback Darrelle Revis $20 million in 2015. Whether they’ll be paying him anything remains to be seen.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Patriots won’t be picking up the option on the second year of the Revis deal, which means that he will be hitting free agency tomorrow.

Absent the decision to remove him from the roster, Revis would have received $20 million fully guaranteed for 2015, with a cap charge of $25 million. While the two sides never contemplated that the option would be exercised, some doubt had existed in the Revis camp as to whether they would.

The move doesn’t mean Revis won’t return to the Patriots; it means that if he does it will happen as a result of competition on the open market. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Revis could indeed still return to the Patriots.

The only other viable contender is believed to be the Jets. The question is whether the Jets will offer enough extra money on the total deal and enough fully guaranteed money to overcome the player’s built-in preference to stay in New England.

Yes, contrary to his reputation Revis will take less to stay in New England. The question is how much less?

F

flgreen

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
Follow
FYI: #Jets can actually begin talking to Revis when the #Patriots officially decline the $20M option to the league. Hasn’t happened yet
4:32 PM - 9 Mar 2015

F

flgreen

Kristian Dyer 9m
Source: #Jets won't overspend on Darrelle Revis, open to pursuing star CB - www.metro.us via @metronewyork
Beat Writer / Columnist

F

flgreen

Adam Schein 10m
The great @RichCimini is all over it. Jets still talking with Brian Hoyer. He's the top QB target for Jets as FA.
TV / Radio Personality

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Every other team is wrapping things up now.

There are times in life when being on time is the same as being late.
Just ask Tom Coughlin about that.

But seriously, for all intents and purposes free agency started yesterday, or was it the day before, and the official start is just a formality. Most of these deals with the Tier 1 FA's are already done with the exception of Revis who only became a free agent five minutes ago, or maybe not, the Pats may still have to make it official. But that aside, the top shelf has already been raided and there's nothing left up there but dust, and the second shelf may be damn near exhausted too for all we know, I'm just hoping some of those guys came our way and the Jets just aren't leaking it.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Just ask Tom Coughlin about that.

But seriously, for all intents and purposes free agency started yesterday, or was it the day before, and the official start is just a formality. Most of these deals with the Tier 1 FA's are already done with the exception of Revis who only became a free agent five minutes ago, or maybe not, the Pats may still have to make it official. But that aside, the top shelf has already been raided and there's nothing left up there but dust, and the second shelf may be damn near exhausted too for all we know, I'm just hoping some of those guys came our way and the Jets just aren't leaking it.

i must have missed iupati's signing elsewhere???

of the top shelf, many of those guys stayed with existing teams (and some weren't really top shelf, although they are being paid like it).

the jets have a well known interest in revis, but unlike the other FAs, he's still under contract (at least until NE formally declines his option). they've been mentioned as talking with iupati, with culliver, and with hoyer. they probably would have interest in fitzpatrick is he shakes loose from houston, but as of now he's still under contract.

things have been awfully quite on the cj spiller front, but with philly expected to sign gore, he should be available to the jets if we pursue.

it's very possible the jets strike out. but they could also end up with revis (or culliver and cro), iupati, a QB and spiller, to go with brandon marshall. doesn't sound to me like macc is napping

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
For big splashes, I am hoping for Lupati and Revis. I don't want Hoyer or Fitzpatrick.

F

flgreen

Every other team is wrapping things up now. There are times in life when being on time is the same as being late.

Not one contract has been signed. It was announced early this morning that Hoyer was a done deal. An hour ago it was announced the Jets are still negotiating with him.

A lot of what is being said today is agent speak

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
i must have missed iupati's signing elsewhere???

things have been awfully quite on the cj spiller front

it's very possible the jets strike out. but they could also end up with revis (or culliver and cro), iupati, a QB and spiller, to go with brandon marshall. doesn't sound to me like macc is napping
Thats why I said, I hope some of these guys have chosen us and the Jets are just being real good and not leaking. Thats entirely possible and thats what I'm hoping. Its also been real quiet for Demarco Murray too, so you never know. :talking-to-god-smil

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
I'm with Hobson. I am tough on GM's and coaches but this is ridiculous. How do you know we haven't come to terms with someone like Iupati (for the love of God can we stop calling him Lupati), Bulaga, Spiller, etc, etc? The NFL sent out a stern warning on new contracts leaking so Mac and Bowles may be doing things the right way and keeping things quiet and out of the press.

Can we at least wait til tomorrow afternoon to see what Macc has up his sleeve?

I really feel Bradford makes a lot of sense when things all shake out. The Rams don't want to pay his 13 million and are looking for a cheaper vet. We would be glad to pay Bradford that for the next year or two to see if he can get his career back on track. My only fear is we jump the gun to quick (I know... what a concept to some of you) and we add Fitz or Hoyer. Then Bradford shakes free and we can't act on it. Sometimes patience is a virtue.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I'm with Hobson. I am tough on GM's and coaches but this is ridiculous. How do you know we haven't come to terms with someone like Iupati (for the love of God can we stop calling him Lupati), Bulaga, Spiller, etc, etc? The NFL sent out a stern warning on new contracts leaking so Mac and Bowles may be doing things the right way and keeping things quiet and out of the press. Can we at least wait til tomorrow afternoon to see what Macc has up his sleeve?
I think you missed my last post at the bottom of the previous page, but I agree, its possible that we're just doing a better job at keeping the lid on things, thats why I'm not freaking out yet. :)