Around The NFL

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Hop, We already got Marshall, I want a FA signing soon!

Even the Knicks signed a FA from Korea (Winone Soon)!

flgreen,you are right. Signings are not till tomorrow. Unfortunately you misread my quote and ran with the first sentence without reading the second sentence. It was done to add a little humor to the board.

F

flgreen

flgreen,you are right. Signings are not till tomorrow. Unfortunately you misread my quote and ran with the first sentence without reading the second sentence. It was done to add a little humor to the board.

LOL

Your right

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
I don't think it's the GM's that are leaking the signing stories. It's been the players and most likely the agents. I think we would know already if a player had committed to the Jets. The press has it's moles everywhere and breaking stories like that are their lifeblood.

F

flgreen

Jake Steinberg @Steiny31 · 6h6 hours ago
#Jets worked out former Saints safety Jordan Pugh.

F

flgreen

bigger_normal.jpgJake Steinberg @Steiny31 · 3m3 minutes ago
#Jets have strong interest in free agent guard Clint Boling..

F

flgreen

Jake Steinberg @Steiny31 · 6h6 hours ago
According to Peter King the #Jets "ideal-world plan" this offseason is to sign Revis AND Cromartie. Reunite the tandem.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
IOW's we whiffed on Lou Benfatti?

or they are making contingency plans. iupati is plan a, if he signs elsewhere (raiders?) boling could be plan b.

i know we are all anxious to see a deal (or report of a deal) done. but it takes two to tango. players have to agree to sign with us. a smart GM, which we hope macc is, has contingency plans

F

flgreen

profile photo
Gary Myers 13m
Signing Revis adds credibility to Jets and would be a great start to Maccagnan-Bowles era. NE is still favorite, but money could get crazy.
Beat Writer / Columnist

profile photo
Gary Myers 15m
If Woody Johnson wants to bring back Darrelle Revis, now he has his chance. He might have to sign the biggest check of his life. Worth it?
Beat Writer / Columnist

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
or they are making contingency plans. iupati is plan a, if he signs elsewhere (raiders?) boling could be plan b.

i know we are all anxious to see a deal (or report of a deal) done. but it takes two to tango. players have to agree to sign with us. a smart GM, which we hope macc is, has contingency plans

There's a lot to like about Boling. He is just approaching his prime now at 25 years old. Was a stud in college and is getting it figured out now in the NFL. We would be getting him at his best, and anyone who watched Cinci's ground game last year can attest he was pretty good last year. I am sure Bernard and Hill are sad to see him go.

F

flgreen

Aaron Wilson ✔ @RavensInsider
Follow
Ravens, Jets, Seahawks, Titans prepare offers for Cary Williams, decision coming soon, sources say: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...n-coming-soon-sources-say-20150309-story.html
6:11 PM - 9 Mar 2015
Ravens, Jets, Seahawks, Titans make offers for Cary Williams,...
Veteran free agent cornerback Cary Williams is contemplating his future after garnering contract offers from four teams, including the Ravens, according to sources.

The Baltimore Sun @baltimoresun

F

flgreen

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
Follow
The #Jets have hit pause on their free agent pursuits in the event Darrelle Revis became available. At least, Revis can gauge his market.
3:49 PM - 9 Mar 2015

F

flgreen

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
Follow
The #Jets have hit pause on their free agent pursuits in the event Darrelle Revis became available. At least, Revis can gauge his market.
3:49 PM - 9 Mar 2015

Very very bad idea

F

flgreen

Mike Garafolo ✔ [MENTION=226]Mike[/MENTION]Garafolo
Follow
Decent amount of interest in Jets DL Kenrick Ellis. Six teams have been talking to him. Jets want him back but he wanted to scan market.
5:54 PM - 9 Mar 2015

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
i must have missed iupati's signing elsewhere???

of the top shelf, many of those guys stayed with existing teams (and some weren't really top shelf, although they are being paid like it).

the jets have a well known interest in revis, but unlike the other FAs, he's still under contract (at least until NE formally declines his option). they've been mentioned as talking with iupati, with culliver, and with hoyer. they probably would have interest in fitzpatrick is he shakes loose from houston, but as of now he's still under contract.

things have been awfully quite on the cj spiller front, but with philly expected to sign gore, he should be available to the jets if we pursue.

it's very possible the jets strike out. but they could also end up with revis (or culliver and cro), iupati, a QB and spiller, to go with brandon marshall. doesn't sound to me like macc is napping

Agreed for the most part, still plenty ty of good names out there. However, I don't see anyone saying Mac isnt trying or is sitting on his hands...that sounds like complaints about Idzik you're defending. Mac is on Iupati and others. I haven't seen pitchforks for Mac on this thread unless I missed something.

F

flgreen

Revis toying with the Jets, huh? Shame on us.

Don't know if he's toying or not, but if he hits FA tomorrow, there is going to be like 6 teams interested.

if they put everything on hold, they are going to wind up in the same situation they were in last year.

BTW is Patterson still available?...........Just in case

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Revis toying with the Jets, huh? Shame on us.
My biggest concern is that the Pats are playing possum and they have a new deal ready for Revis, but they want the Jets to think Revis will hit the open market tomorrow at 4PM so they whiff on other options (Culliver etc.) while they wait another day for Revis, so they hold off on finalizing the deal with Revis until the last possible minute. Its a diabolical plan to hurt a division rival, but Belichick hates the Jets and its totally the kind of subterfuge he would engage in.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
My biggest concern is that the Pats are playing possum and they have a new deal ready for Revis, but they want the Jets to think Revis will hit the open market tomorrow at 4PM so they whiff on other options (Culliver etc.) while they wait another day for Revis, so they hold off on finalizing the deal with Revis until the last possible minute. Its a diabolical plan to hurt a division rival, but Belichick hates the Jets and its totally the kind of subterfuge he would engage in.

Pats have additional free agents to chase and will want that cap # final, I MO, and get the deal done. I doubt once they finally get Revis and his agent to agree on a number, they'd give him 1 night to sleep on it let alone a week...when Revis wakes up, his first thought will be, why not another 3 mill a year? As soon as Revis gets a thumbs up, it will be a sprint to get wet ink on it.