Chris Nimbley 3m
Iupati off the board, going to the Cardinals
TV / Radio Personality

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
What happens if the Jets don't spend up to that 89% threshold? It seems most of the good free agents are getting snatched up before free agency begins. Are there enough guys out there for the Jets to hit that 89% limit?

F

flgreen

What happens if the Jets don't spend up to that 89% threshold? It seems most of the good free agents are getting snatched up before free agency begins. Are there enough guys out there for the Jets to hit that 89% limit?

They actually have another year in the 4 year window. If it happens the extra cap money is taken by the NFL, what happens to it then IDK

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Suddenly my idea to make an immediate run at Julius Thomas doesn't seem so bad, huh?

I told you guys, get some bang for the buck, otherwise we're gonna be over spending on mediocre talent.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Suddenly my idea to make an immediate run at Julius Thomas doesn't seem so bad, huh?

I told you guys, get some bang for the buck, otherwise we're gonna be over spending on mediocre talent.

At this point, there may not be a choice. Can't fill some of the gaping holes, so may as well strengthen a strength.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
They actually have another year in the 4 year window. If it happens the extra cap money is taken by the NFL, what happens to it then IDK

i'm not positive, but i think the league then gives the money to the players already on the roster. not exactly sure of the mechanics of this, perhaps spending it on a pro rata basis across the entire roster

F

flgreen

Which is tomorrow, 10:00 AM.

Of course, the Jets are being punished for not violating the rules the way these other teams are.

Actually It's 4 pm, but your point is right. NO ONE has been signed or locked up yet

F

flgreen

profile photo
Manish Mehta 5m
Source confirms G Mike Iupati is headed to Cardinals, as @AdamSchefter said. Jets pursued him after missing out on Orlando Franklin #nyj
Beat Writer / Columnist

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
profile photo
Manish Mehta 5m
Source confirms G Mike Iupati is headed to Cardinals, as @AdamSchefter said. Jets pursued him after missing out on Orlando Franklin #nyj
Beat Writer / Columnist
So we pursued Franklin and Iupati and lost both?

But no, this is not starting to look eerily like last year.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Serious Question:

We have 40+ Million in cap space, if we don't sign Revis, or even if we do, WTF are we gonna do with it all?

We gotta spend it, hoarding it like last year is not an option, so exactly what in the hell are we gonna do with it all?

Are we gonna start throwing A-list money at B-list free agents?

F

flgreen

Unless all of these reports are BS, I'm afraid a lot of guys are locked up, it just can't be made official until 4PM tomorrow.

You've been around for awhile Ham, don't you remember when the Jets had Brett Farve locked up in the draft with a 2nd round trade. :) Teams had agreed, until they are on the board.

Nothing is offical. Jets if they want can swoop in and under cut any one at the last moment

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Somebody give Maccagnan Demarco Murray's cell number, because he's one of the last remaining A-list FA's worth spending A-list money on, unless you rather give 10 million apiece to Antonio Cromartie and Chris Boling.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

When we sign hoyer for 20 mill per year, we will meet out 89 percent.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Unless all of these reports are BS, I'm afraid a lot of guys are locked up, it just can't be made official until 4PM tomorrow.

Don't tell anyone that, there's a few around here who believe all these posts are fake and the Jets will still sign Iupati, Maxwell, Jackson, and McCourty. Don't tell them it's a done deal, they won't believe you. After all, we are still trying to sign Hoyer...