Around The NFL

U

ucrenegade

was he released by houston?

The Jets' quarterback quandary isn’t going to be solved overnight, but new general manager Mike Maccagnan is poised to bring back a blast from his recent past to help out the situation. The Jets will pursue veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick after all the quarterback dominoes fall in Houston, according to sources.

The Jets pursued Brian Hoyer and inquired about Ryan Mallett in recent days, but both are expected to sign with the Texans, leaving Fitzpatrick as the odd man out. The Jets will be calling Fitzpatrick after his inevitable release.

from the link............http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

J

Jet Setter

Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes 2m2 minutes ago

SOURCE: #Jets have expressed interest in G Carl Nicks, TE Charles Clay, OLB Brian Orakpo. All three will sign elsewhere.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Cool stuff. Carl Nicks reached a settlement with TB and is unlikely to play again due to toe issues like Willis. Interesting.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes 2m2 minutes ago

SOURCE: #Jets have expressed interest in G Carl Nicks, TE Charles Clay, OLB Brian Orakpo. All three will sign elsewhere.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

well gee thanks connor hughes for pissing in our cherrios...

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
The Jets' quarterback quandary isn’t going to be solved overnight, but new general manager Mike Maccagnan is poised to bring back a blast from his recent past to help out the situation. The Jets will pursue veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick after all the quarterback dominoes fall in Houston, according to sources.

The Jets pursued Brian Hoyer and inquired about Ryan Mallett in recent days, but both are expected to sign with the Texans, leaving Fitzpatrick as the odd man out. The Jets will be calling Fitzpatrick after his inevitable release.

from the link............http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

Of the 3 I had hoped Mallett would have been available.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
The QB's potentially available, across the board, all have question marks...not too encouraging with anyone but like you said..would rather take a shot w a younger guy

I respectfully disagree. I think Fitz is the right guy for our situation, particularly IF we are going to draft a guy for developmental purposes. He will be legitimate competition with Geno for the starting job, knows Gailey's system and will have a reasonable price tag. I believe that the FO and CS are going to see what they have with Geno before investing too heavily in the position, Fitz gives us a bridge to whenever that is. In the meantime, we may draft a Mariota or Petty, but both players will not be ready to play in 2015. This is a safe hedge in my estimation, even if we make the trade with Eagles for Foles.

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
I respectfully disagree. I think Fitz is the right guy for our situation, particularly IF we are going to draft a guy for developmental purposes. He will be legitimate competition with Geno for the starting job, knows Gailey's system and will have a reasonable price tag. I believe that the FO and CS are going to see what they have with Geno before investing too heavily in the position, Fitz gives us a bridge to whenever that is. In the meantime, we may draft a Mariota or Petty, but both players will not be ready to play in 2015. This is a safe hedge in my estimation, even if we make the trade with Eagles for Foles.
I agree with this but a young new QB has to be included not if but certain,.

U

ucrenegade

Robert Azure retweeted
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 44s45 seconds ago

Source: The Jets will release WR Percy Harvin today. #nyj

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 56s57 seconds ago

Could Cowboys land C.J. Spiller? Looking that way - http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/could-cowboys-land-c-j-spiller-looking-that-way/

i'd like spiller, but it sounds like he may be looking for starting playing-time and waiting out the murray situation. with the jets, he's only gonna get a time share. going to dallas behind that line is probably the better move for him.

if this is the case, i'd make a move for vereen. he'd be a nice combo with ivory

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
My advice to Mac, they don't give out medals for good conduct in this league, this is not the boyscouts, its the place where GM's and coaches would step over a guy with a heart attack to gain even the slightest advantage, even better if they can F the other teams while doing it.

So all of these reported deals that are not official until 4PM today, call these guys up and offer them more money if you want them. F protocol and F playing by the rules, including the unwritten rules about not poaching free agents who have an agreement in principle elsewhere. What did obeying the rules get you yesterday, other than a giant shit sandwich while other teams were scrambling to lock these FA's up?

The hell with these other teams and you are not in the business of making friends in the GM fraternity. F'em if they hate you. Its time to go all Michael Corleone on these a-holes and today is the day to take care of all family business.

Thats all I'm saying.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Subpar physical skills, but he can teach a Geno, or a Mariota, how to make reads. The guy is both smart and he knows Gailey's system. He's the perfect placeholder and mentor.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics

Dont get me wrong..I think FITZPATRICK (my last name) would be a great "hold the fort" guy....but would rather take chances on a younger guy that potentially can develop into something special...

U

ucrenegade

Vikes Fan Page retweeted
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 4m4 minutes ago

Chargers LB Andrew Gachkar generating interest from the Vikings, Panthers and Raiders. Visits to each this week possible.

U

ucrenegade

DYST Now ‏@DYST_Now 14s14 seconds ago

SOURCE: Denver Broncos making strong push for WR Andre Johnson.