Around The NFL

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
Subpar physical skills, but he can teach a Geno, or a Mariota, how to make reads. The guy is both smart and he knows Gailey's system. He's the perfect placeholder and mentor.

The thing that petrifies me with Mariota is a do think hes a system guy..last year..he took a snap under center 5 plays...thats right 5....I do think hes a good kid..athletic..etc..but he will have a steep learning curve like most young QB's..although most young QB's are forced to play LONG before they have a clue...

U

ucrenegade

Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes 2m2 minutes ago

SOURCE: #Jets have expressed interest in FA CB Tramon Williams.

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Fitz is cheap, smart, can make the reads and will not block the progress of guys with higher ceilings

U

ucrenegade

NYJ/BKN/NYM4LIFE retweeted
NBC Sports ‏@NBCSports 4m4 minutes ago

Now a free agent, WR Andre Johnson reportedly has his eyes on four teams: the Patriots, Colts, Seahawks and Packers. http://tw.nbcsports.com/MmV

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Just a thought - it's amazing over the last two years how many free agent CB's we've been linked to and have gone to other teams. We need to break that streak today with Culliver or Revis...Come on Mac get it done.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
[
Originally Posted by jetfandreamer

Dont get me wrong..I think FITZPATRICK (my last name) would be a great "hold the fort" guy....but would rather take chances on a younger guy that potentially can develop into something special...

Geno?

I have always been a Geno supporter/believer.....obviously he really struggled at times last year..but hes an enigma...his physical skills make it too early to give up on him...I technically think his head was spinning a bit since he played too early on a regular basis....everyone forgets..the best QB's in the game BRADY (2 years) Rodgers (3 years) Manning struggled his first year....so did Elway... all sat for awhile to learn the game..how to prepare..how to study....NOW I am not saying he can be them..I am saying he was thrown in too early...

U

ucrenegade

Vikes Fan Page ‏@Kevin_VFP 41s42 seconds ago

heard the Browns who put 2nd round tender on S Tashaun Gipson willing to match any offer from any team. Wanting other teams to do their work

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Vikes Fan Page ‏@Kevin_VFP 41s42 seconds ago

heard the Browns who put 2nd round tender on S Tashaun Gipson willing to match any offer from any team. Wanting other teams to do their work

Sounds like what we may be doing with Harrison.

J

Jet Setter

i'd like spiller, but it sounds like he may be looking for starting playing-time and waiting out the murray situation. with the jets, he's only gonna get a time share. going to dallas behind that line is probably the better move for him.

if this is the case, i'd make a move for vereen. he'd be a nice combo with ivory

I agree, that would be a prudent move. With all the FA's we're looking at, minimize your time spent on guys you have little chance in signing and focus on guys you can.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
NYJ/BKN/NYM4LIFE retweeted
NBC Sports ‏@NBCSports 4m4 minutes ago

Now a free agent, WR Andre Johnson reportedly has his eyes on four teams: the Patriots, Colts, Seahawks and Packers. http://tw.nbcsports.com/MmV

Wow, how creative a list!

When you are cut by the Texans, and you are approaching your mid-30s, I'm not sure you are in a position to target the conference championship teams as your only desired locations.