Around The NFL

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
So what happens tomorrow if we get outbid for Revis?

angry_mob.gif

J

Jet Setter

Mike Garafalo is reporting that the Jets will be signing OG James Carpenter.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Mike Garafalo is reporting that the Jets will be signing OG James Carpenter.

-Better pass blocker than run blocker;
-seems to be shedding the injury prone label as he has missed only 3 games in the last two years;
-according to article may have a reasonable price tag in the $4MM range;
- young (25YO) 4 year veteran;
-started 29 games in the last 2 years for SB and NFC champ Seattle.
-ex-college OT at Alabama.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
-Better pass blocker than run blocker;
-seems to be shedding the injury prone label as he has missed only 3 games in the last two years;
-according to article may have a reasonable price tag in the $4MM range;
- young (25YO) 4 year veteran;
-started 29 games in the last 2 years for SB and NFC champ Seattle.
-ex-college OT at Alabama.

From the Seattle Times - "Carpenter started 39 of a possible 64 games during his Seattle career and also started both Super Bowl games. Drafted originally as a tackle, he was moved to guard and was regarded as having his best season in 2014 when the Seahawks rushed for a team record 2,862 yards. Pro Football Focus rated Carpenter 47th out of 78 guards in 2014".

A first round pick that is maybe rounding into form. A big SOB at 6-5 330. In 2014 he allowed 4 Hits, 14 Hurries and ZERO sacks. Good value signing by the Macc.

U

ucrenegade

yeah he must have some speed also and agility because in gaileys oc the olineman need to be able to pull and block on the move.

J

Jet Setter

i actually liked him in the draft

I did too. I wanted the Jets to draft him. He's been kicked to the inside at Houston. Didn't impress at OLB.

I've seen him heavily linked to Atlanta with the Vikings showing interest.

U

ucrenegade

Mike & Mike ‏@MikeAndMike 3m3 minutes ago

"This comes down to the Jets and the Patriots. It’s a two-team race." - @AdamSchefter on Darrelle Revis

U

ucrenegade

Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes 1m1 minute ago

SOURCE: FA CB Antonio Cromartie is between the #Jets , Arizona Cardinals for where he will play next year. Has interest from two others

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Kendrick is a very nice player. If we lost Snacks, I'd feel safe if we resigned Ellis to replace him. Remember with what you say above, Pats pick last in the 2nd rd, it's like a 3rd rd pick.

i'd prefer to keep snacks, but ellis is a viable replacement. the problem is the timing, in that ellis could decide to sign elsewhere (he's free to sign anywhere he wants starting today), but the harrison situation could take longer to play out.

U

ucrenegade

Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes 2m2 minutes ago

SOURCE: #Jets have expressed interest in G Carl Nicks, TE Charles Clay, OLB Brian Orakpo. All three will sign elsewhere.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites