Around The NFL

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Miami offered Suh a mega deal, did he shop their offer, no.

Jacksonville made Julius Thomas a big offer, did he shop it around the league, no.

The A-list guys usually get blown away with one big offer, but the catch is they have to sign it on the spot, they are not allowed to shop it around the league, thats why they usually sign on the spot and quickly when free agency starts. Its totally different than baseball free agency.

i'm not so sure about thomas, since he was reported to be talking with a few teams despite the reports jax was favorites to land him. and i notice you didn't comment on murray, who you've advocated, and who's been shopping his services around the league.

and are you saying the jets should have blown away revis with an offer? better to go crazy like miami did with suh and get your guy, even if it means overpaying for him?

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
What are you talking about? Not allowed?
Not allowed as in, when teams make gigantic offers, they usually tell these players that you sign it now or its off the table the second you leave the room, thats why these mega deals usually get wrapped up so quickly. Not always, but usually.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
i'm not so sure about thomas, since he was reported to be talking with a few teams despite the reports jax was favorites to land him. and i notice you didn't comment on murray, who you've advocated, and who's been shopping his services around the league.

and are you saying the jets should have blown away revis with an offer? better to go crazy like miami did with suh and get your guy, even if it means overpaying for him?

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 3m3 minutes ago

All eyes on the #Raiders for DeMarco Murray. Meanwhile, the #Cowboys wait. So do the #Jaguars. So, by the way, do I.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Yup. The Jets organization is so stupid.

How are we being held hostage? We've already signed players and have Gilchrist coming in for a visit tonight. We have a ton of money. We're not holding up other moves like we did in 2011 for Aso because of limited funds.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
How are we being held hostage? We've already signed players and have Gilchrist coming in for a visit tonight. We have a ton of money. We're not holding up other moves like we did in 2011 for Aso because of limited funds.

Only with Revis. I hope he signs elsewhere.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
All Revis is doing is holding us hostage.
And it was totally predictable. If you know his history, and we sure as hell should know his history, you knew he was gonna do this. If you didn't see this coming, if you thought he was signing quickly like Suh or Thomas, fat chance!

F

flgreen

Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. I'd still like Culliver and Gilchrist would be nice too.

They can't let Revis hold them hostage till ALL the CB's are gone. If he doesn't agree in an hour take the offer off the table.

If they let him do this I'm going to join Ham in his outrage