Around The NFL

J

Jet Setter

This is eerily similar to the drama that unfolded when the Jets were chasing Asomugha. Everyone laughed at the Jets for being so gullible that entire next season. Revis could be toying with us.

I think Culliver is awaiting this drama as he may have a deal in place with either NY or NE as a result of the bidding war. Just like Cro was our consolation last time. He could be again. History has a way of repeating itself.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Time to go watch the Rangers.

UC has the right idea, I'm not gonna sit around waiting for Revis to shop our offer because the Pats told him to give them a chance to match, and we all know damn well thats what is happening here. Wake me up when Daddy Warbucks makes a decision, in the meantime Lets Go Rangers!

J

Jet Setter

3 years/48 million. 40 guaranteed. Does anyone else have that kind of money?

Sure. Cleveland, JAX, OAK. Probably Philly too since they're linked with every last FA. I think this prices NE out. They are only 9M under the cap prior to Browner's release. They have to sign draft picks and maneuver under the cap limit. And they just lost two RB's and I saw a moment ago their interest in Spiller. I don't see them as players anymore.

I'm surprised Revis is considering a long-term deal. Depreciation takes place annually. But he would have the high guaranteed number.

F

flgreen

Revis is going to play this bidding war until the last dog dies and every last cent has been extracted from every team that wants to play, then he will go to the highest bidder, because thats his real Super Bowl and he learned that from Uncle Sean. The other SB, the one he just won in NE, thats gravy, the real Super Bowl is played at the negotiating table.

Then the Jets pull the offer off the table, and go looking to see it the New Orleans Saints have really lost their mind

F

flgreen

I can't believe we're letting this greedy SOB shop our offer. Other teams make a mega offer and say sign it or F.U., but this is the position we put ourselves in, this is what happens when you put all of your eggs in one basket. We are at the mercy of the greediest SOB in the sport, bar none, and he is gonna squeeze every last nickel out of this thing.

Ham, this I agree with. I would have given him one hour to sign or pull it off table

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I can't believe we're letting this greedy SOB shop our offer. Other teams make a mega offer and say sign it or F.U., but this is the position we put ourselves in, this is what happens when you put all of your eggs in one basket. We are at the mercy of the greediest SOB in the sport, bar none, and he is gonna squeeze every last nickel out of this thing.

you don't think demarco murray is gonna be shopping his offers? he met with dallas, is talking with philly, will entertain offers from oakland and jax, amongst others.

it's the nature of the game. you want murray, so you will turn a blind eye to him being "greedy"

F

flgreen

PFTonNBCSN ✔ @PFTonNBCSN
Follow
"#Jets are really confident they have a strong offer to bring Darrelle Revis back." - PFT-Jets Insider @MMehtaNYDN
6:38 PM - 10 Mar 2015

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
PFTonNBCSN ✔ @PFTonNBCSN
Follow
"#Jets are really confident they have a strong offer to bring Darrelle Revis back." - PFT-Jets Insider @MMehtaNYDN
6:38 PM - 10 Mar 2015
I'm sure they do, but when you let a guy go and shop your offer around the league, all he needs to do is find one team that will offer a little bit more, and a little bit more makes all the difference for Revis, because thats how he keeps score.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
you don't think demarco murray is gonna be shopping his offers? he met with dallas, is talking with philly, will entertain offers from oakland and jax, amongst others.

it's the nature of the game. you want murray, so you will turn a blind eye to him being "greedy"
Miami offered Suh a mega deal, did he shop their offer, no.

Jacksonville made Julius Thomas a big offer, did he shop it around the league, no.

The A-list guys usually get blown away with one big offer, but the catch is they have to sign it on the spot, they are not allowed to shop it around the league, thats why they usually sign on the spot and quickly when free agency starts. Its totally different than baseball free agency.

J

Jet Setter

This is from Rotoworld which speculates further of a topic that I brought (Ivory being a bad fit in Chan's offense) up earlier which was shot down by everyone:

The Jets are reportedly showing interest in free agent Roy Helu.

After the re-signing of Bilal Powell, we have to wonder what this might mean for Chris Ivory, who isn't necessarily the greatest fit for new Jets OC Chan Gailey's Pistol Spread. Helu has plus versatility and runs 4.4 at 220 pounds. He would add a spark to the Jets' offense, particularly as a receiver.

J

Jet Setter

Miami offered Suh a mega deal, did he shop their offer, no.

Jacksonville made Julius Thomas a big offer, did he shop it around the league, no.

The A-list guys usually get blown away with one big offer, but the catch is they have to sign it on the spot, they are not allowed to shop it around the league, thats why they usually sign on the spot and quickly when free agency starts. Its totally different than baseball free agency.

What are you talking about? Not allowed? Let's take it easy here on the demonization of Revis. Do you remember Asomugha parlaying his negotiations for 3 days? Look, Revis has a right to shop his offer around. I know everyone hates him for being "greedy" but come on. He's earned this right.