Around The NFL

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. I'd still like Culliver and Gilchrist would be nice too.
I'm as committed to signing an A-list FA as anyone and I agree, its time to make a decision or move on. We should tell Revis he either accepts the offer we made, or we wish you luck and we're heading in another direction, then make a run at Culliver and Gilchrist for the same money (combined) we would have given Revis.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
They can't let Revis hold them hostage till ALL the CB's are gone. If he doesn't agree in an hour take the offer off the table.

If they let him do this I'm going to join Ham in his outrage
Its already been more than an hour, time to call him and say "time is up, you're in or you're out?"

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm as committed to signing an A-list FA as anyone and I agree, its time to make a decision or move on. We should tell Revis he either accepts the offer we made, or we wish you luck and we're heading in another direction, then make a run at Culliver and Gilchrist for the same money (combined) we would have given Revis.

Cromartie is waiting on our decision on Revis. If we don't get Revis, looks for the Jets to pair Skrine and Cro.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Cromartie is waiting on our decision on Revis. If we don't get Revis, looks for the Jets to pair Skrine and Cro.
Thanks for leaving me alone all day to fight off the sunshine boys all by myself, and take all of the incoming. About effin' time you showed up to take some of the heat off me. :)

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Thanks for leaving me alone all day to fight off the sunshine boys all by myself, and take all of the incoming. About effin' time you showed up to take some of the heat off me. :)

:) sometimes I can only stomach reading the posts.

I said last week Foles would be traded before the draft and we wouldn't sign any under 30 A list free agents...so far we signed the 3rd most penalized CB in the NFL (11 PI calls last year) to compete with Milliner or replace wilson...did I miss anything else? Did carpenter officially sign? I didn't see an official signing. And I saw some wet panties for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Also, looks like Pryor staying at FS...interesting. I was hoping for Parker so he could play FS to Pryor SS...looks like we'really going the other way with Gilcrist.

Texjet

Day 3 Prospect
Jet Fanatics

Come on Ham, you'll be the first one wetting their pants when it's announced that Revis is back in green. :)

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Did you call me one of the worst qbs in the nfl? I'm offended...but we'll paid if I'm starting in the NFL. :)

Also when it comes to other team's qb situation, there's a glass house analogy that may be appropriate.

So does the who is going to get them the ball analogy.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Screw Revis while he shops our offer around, lets sign Browner who the Patsies released earlier today. He's younger, taller, faster & cheaper than Revis.

Also Cromartie is telling the Cowboys they need him as their final piece.

Go Jets...Cyborg

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
And it was totally predictable. If you know his history, and we sure as hell should know his history, you knew he was gonna do this. If you didn't see this coming, if you thought he was signing quickly like Suh or Thomas, fat chance!

i'm sorry. who exactly are we missing out on tonight by waiting for revis? we couldn't talk to him until today unlike other FAs. if this drags on for a day or so and we miss out on other CBs we may have wanted, you will have a point. right now, you are just panicking for no reason.

again, he isn't like suh or thomas. he wasn't even allowed to talk to teams until 4pm today.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Revis has signed with the Jets. I'll update you guys on the terms. Let's discuss in the Revis thread!

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Its already been more than an hour, time to call him and say "time is up, you're in or you're out?"

so you want him back in NE then?

i love these tough guy tactics from guys who have no responsibility over the team put on the field and who've never sat in on an nfl negotiation. i'm sure telling an elite player he has 1 hour to make to make a decision on the day he becomes a FA is a great tactic...

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
so you want him back in NE then?

i love these tough guy tactics from guys who have no responsibility over the team put on the field and who've never sat in on an nfl negotiation. i'm sure telling an elite player he has 1 hour to make to make a decision on the day he becomes a FA is a great tactic...
Relax man, don't make everything so personal. Guys have strong opinions and sometimes they differ from yours, suck it up and deal with it. Not everybody is satisfied every minute of the day.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Relax man, don't make everything so personal. Guys have strong opinions and sometimes they differ from yours, suck it up and deal with it. Not everybody is satisfied every minute of the day.

i'm not taking anything personal. i didn't mean to say you were being some tough guy. i meant more that it's not realistic to think that strong-arm tactics would work. it's easy to say you would do such and such from the comfort of your home when your neck isn't on the line and you aren't actually responsible for the team. but when it's your job and responsibility, i don't think putting such ultimatums on a player would work. especially a player like revis