Best Song Remakes

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Hendrix covering a couple of Dylan classics.

Like a Rolling Stone

All Along the Watchtower

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
NP Ren, glad you liked it!
Its awesome, Wicker, and I actually found that guy a long time ago and listened to that video back then. I also remember that his baby was very sick, a brain tumor I believe, and it was just heartbreaking. Not sure how that turned out, I hope for the best, but it just broke my heart. But yes, that Africa cover is terrific, as are all of his covers. He is enormously talented.

I love his cover of Elton John's tribute song to John Lennon, Empty Garden:

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Its just a guitar cover with no vocals, but its absolutely amazing, this dude has some serious skills!

Its an old song some of you might not be familiar with, so I'll post the original by ZZ Top followed by the guitar cover.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This is incredible when you realize she was 17 when she did it, played all the instruments and ENGLISH IS NOT HER NATIVE LANGUAGE! (She's German -,check out the out-take at the end)

Later

munchmemory

Jet Fanatics
Simply, an astounding version of the Beatles' classic from Sgt. Pepper's. One of my guitar idols, Beck's performances at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club are incredible. Check them out on YouTube if you want a treat.

munchmemory

Jet Fanatics
Johnny Cash redo of this Nine Inch Nails tune is breathtaking. Don't recall who put Cash and Reznor's song together, but it's an inspired pairing.

munchmemory

Jet Fanatics
These women are gorgeous (especially guitarist Gretchen Menn) and can play. Dead perfect version of the Zeppelin tune. One of the few drummers who play Bonzo's timing correctly.

munchmemory

Jet Fanatics
Cream's complete departure from the Blind Joe Reynolds' original. Such a modern (for the 60s) interpretation of Reynolds' blues. Clapton's tone still brings chills. So far ahead of it's time, as was the playing of Jack Bruce and the recently-departed Ginger Baker. Mind blowing.

In case you have not heard Reynolds' original, here it is:

Last edited:

munchmemory

Jet Fanatics
An obvious one for us rock fans from the 70s, Mott covering Bowie's "All the Young Dudes". Think Bowie told Ian Hunter to record a version and he originally did not want to do it. Along with "All the Way From Memphis", it became Mott's most recognized song.