Best Song Remakes

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Otis Redding's "My Girl" made more famous by the Temptations. (I once sang "My Girl" with the Temptations, but that is for a different thread)

The cover of RunDMC's "Walk This Way" By Aerosmith brought rap to the mainstream and served to legitimize it to the rest of the music world.

Later
My passion for the oldies almost runs neck -and-neck to Jets football. Did you know the Supremes were originally known as the "Temptettes", the sister group to the TemptationsAlan Freed 2.jpg? Sad that David Ruffin lost a battle to drug use so young . Melvin Franklin another key member was gone too soon.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
How about the greatest cover band of all time?

Vanilla Fudge

I hate covers that just copy the original, you want to hear that, just get the CD. The Fudge took songs and arranged them to sound like something new. The formula was usually slow the song down and stomp the speed button on the Leslie every several bars or so. They are still doing it with 3 of the 4 original guys. Ticket prices are pretty good considering the copious amount of black hair dye Appice and Martell use. Been a long, long road from The Action House in Island Park

Another is Three Dog Night, although they are just a vocal band as opposed to a music band. Just about all covers done differently.

My complaint in this regard goes to Phish and Gov't Mule, who both do a lot of covers but don't usually dare to stray too far from the original, a shame considering the prodigious skills of their respective guitarists

How's this for a cover? Been doing a mash up of the bass line from Chic's Good Times with a rap (best one can do for an old fella) of Sinfield's lyrics to In the Court of the Crimson King, sprinkled with other KC riffs in between verses (Schizoid Man, Lark's Tongue, Cirkus). Actually, comes out pretty good but people rarely get it. They mostly recognize the bass line and think that I wrote the rest myself. One guy came up to me and asked, "Did you guys just rap King Crimson to an old disco song"? "Yeah ! Wow!", I replied, "no one ever got that before". I thought nice compliment was coming next, but instead I got, "well you should be arrested for doing that to Crimson", and he walked away.