Boomer and Gio setting Jets straight

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
I think Becton could be really good at RT. Both AVT and Becton would open some big holes for our RB’s.

The question is, how would he handle that move? RT’s get paid less than LT’s and I could see some griping from Becton regarding his next contract. But Saleh has already said that Becton has to earn the position and right now I’ve gotta think it’s Fant’s job to lose.
Well he's still on his rookie contract so next season shouldn't translate into less if he were going to play RT. And he can be in LT shape for next season even if he plays RT for this season. Yes LTs make more than RTs. But how do all-pro RTs compare to average LTs?

Going into this season, our o-line will be good with either MB, AVT, CM, LT, GF or GF, AVT, CM, LT, MB.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
I think Becton could be really good at RT. Both AVT and Becton would open some big holes for our RB’s.

The question is, how would he handle that move? RT’s get paid less than LT’s and I could see some griping from Becton regarding his next contract. But Saleh has already said that Becton has to earn the position and right now I’ve gotta think it’s Fant’s job to lose.

#77 is heading into his 3rd of a 5 year deal. we drafted Max Mitchell this year, and MM was on the top prospect per position on Jeremiah's board and Bucky Brook's board, and Baldy loves him too. He is the heir apparent for RT.

let's say Fant signs another one of JD's patented front loaded contracts or JD signs him to a long term contract that most GM's do, and locks him up for a while.

#77 takes his lumps at RT for 1 to 2 years, and makes all of the chatter go away. Then:

1.) JD sign #77 to a long term deal for LT.
2.) Max takes over at RT.
3.) JD moves Fant for quality draft picks as a 31 year old starting LT just getting into his prime with a contract for the next team already in tact.

seems pretty clear what plan is, right?

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
I like Becton year one as a Jet, but last year he was over weight and couldn’t stop average players running by him until injured.

he played one half of a game against Carolina, who has an above average pass rush. OLinemen have to get used to game speed too, right?
BTW, Becton wasn't horrible in that game until he got injured.

Becton was in shape last season going into the opener. He got rolled, and his knee gave way. that had nothing to do with being being out of shape. he got rolled... end of discussion.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I truly think Becton will be the type of player that yo yo's his whole career. He will get fat in the off season and get in shape before the season. Unfortunately thats not going to lead to a productive career in my opinion. I coach soccer players and most of them never get out of shape like Becton has the potential to do, but when they do get out of shape especially after their freshman year they never get it back fully. It just becomes harder because the body wants to be comfortable and your body remembers how awful it was to get into shape so it makes it harder for the athlete to get in shape the next time. I will say getting into soccer shape is way different than getting into lineman shape.

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
he played one half of a game against Carolina, who has an above average pass rush. OLinemen have to get used to game speed too, right?
BTW, Becton wasn't horrible in that game until he got injured.

Becton was in shape last season going into the opener. He got rolled, and his knee gave way. that had nothing to do with being being out of shape. he got rolled... end of discussion.
He got rolled into by F ‘in GVR, who, at the time, was getting tossed around like a Feckin’ rag doll.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
He got rolled into by F ‘in GVR, who, at the time, was getting tossed around like a Feckin’ rag doll.

i was happy he got to live out his dream...sort of like Ruckert is being a Jet, but GVR stopped being an every down player the year before we got him.

you're right... totally on GVR. makes you wonder about what our season would have looked like if The Doctor was our RG all year.

EZJETS

Day 3 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Hehehe. Rookies.
Still didn’t post who he knows to guaranteed Becton in shape under 395lbs. I guess rookie means ask about facts or proof by a statement by someone in here means shine them on with bs. So it’s more of a knitting circle gossip forum than facts and knowledge. Ok rookie sorry to ask and you keep telling stories based on personal opinions or pictures of player . Geeez I’ll sort out your guys bs with hipwaders on.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
Still didn’t post who he knows to guaranteed Becton in shape under 395lbs. I guess rookie means ask about facts or proof by a statement by someone in here means shine them on with bs. So it’s more of a knitting circle gossip forum than facts and knowledge. Ok rookie sorry to ask and you keep telling stories based on personal opinions or pictures of player . Geeez I’ll sort out your guys bs with hipwaders on.

@gmf1369 is an insider. he is frequently at 1 Jets Drive.
we do not flaunt that, or make a big deal of it.

check out the plurality of on-line personalities who visit this board.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
:homer:

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
First eazy or EZ Ive know gmf coming from another board to him bringing me to this board. Yes Ive debated crap with him and its fun back and forth until he asked me to tone it down. So I did. But the main thing I liked about gmf that caused me to come here with him is his knowledge on Jets and College I dont follow till draft. So Im sure my voucher for gmf will mean shit to you EZ, but wait and see what comes out here and give him the benefit of doubt here.

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
BTW I liked Becton drafted by Jets abd also commented about him not being a Pro by getting flabby in off season. Fellow Jets fans didnt like my remarks and Im hoping Becton proves me wrong. If our QB gets injured by Becton not doing his job....Ill be the first on your side EZ. Until then cut one of our best Jets fan gmf some slack. Gmf knows his shit and what he doesnt know I open his eyes like Darnold Jets Drafted I didnt want. Lol we argued overthat awhile, but still friendly banter.

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hey Scotch! Whats your take on Becton? Give me the funny version first and then honest one. Think Jets move him to middle or Center? Becton can play in middle no moving and if he weighs 600lbs it wont matter and then cut his pay way back save money. I rather liked him on outside, but hey we could fi ally run our tiny RBs up the middle. Lmao

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
EZ , I like the name ,but what does it mean per Jets? Im old so I dont pick up on new shit like my names for newbies. I call them FNG's stands for Fricken New Guy's with different ef word up front.

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Going for the popularity role I see. Good luck.