COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
T.J. Clemmings - T - Player
Pittsburgh OT T.J. Clemmings measured in with 35 1/8-inch arms at the NFL Scouting Combine.
There has been debate about whether Clemmings (6'5/307) will play tackle or guard in the pros. The vine-like arms will help Clemmings' cause as an edge protector. Despite a rough Senior Bowl, noted offensive line guru Lance Zierlein believes Clemmings offers long-term Pro Bowl potential at left tackle.

Jameis Winston - QB - Player
Speaking at the NFL Combine, Bucs coach Lovie Smith stated he would have no qualms making Jameis Winston the "face of the franchise."
Winston had numerous off-field incidents at Florida State, but by now NFL teams have done their due diligence. "He went through the school justice system. He was cleared," Lovie said of Winston. "He went through our court system and he was cleared. Exonerated. What else can you do?" Winston is the heavy favorite to be drafted by the Bucs at No. 1 overall. Added Smith, "You look at the history of our league and there’s been some good players that have been accused of things and they’re playing right now. ... Yeah, we're okay with where (Winston) is."
Related: Buccaneers

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Thanks for clarifying, we're talking apples and oranges then.

My top 3 on my big board would be:

1) Williams DT USC - has Watt/Suh potential, IMO.
2) Gregory OLB NE - can be the next "pencil him in for 10 sacks per season" type OLB, which everyone is looking for.
3) Rollins CB Miamia Ohio - 6'0 205lbs CB that plays the ball (7 ints last year) and has the size and speed needed to be elite and naturally plays the ball (had a great pick in the senior bowl as well). I just think he has #1 CB potential and that is worth a ton in today's NFL.

Would you use our #6 pick on Rollins CB ? Keep in mind he played @ Miami Ohio, not the U. Here is Miami Ohio weak football schedule which is a major concern of mine picking a player @ #6 from a 2-10 team in a weak conference. And in most of their losses, they got killed. I'm not saying that Rollins is going to fail @ the next NFL level; however, he would not be my pick @ #6 . Here is Miami Ohio's results from last season.
Marshall - Lost
E. Kentucky - Lost
Michigan - Lost
Cinn. - Lost
Buffalo - Lost
U. Mass. - Win
Akron - Lost
N. Ill. - Lost
Kent St. - W
W. Mich. - Lost
C. Mich. - Lost
Ohio - Lost

Go Jets...Cyborg

Jets31

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
What makes the combine even more exciting is everything else that goes on during the week. You can beat our GM will be working over time talking with agents. Hopefully we can get our guys signed up and lay the ground work for in coming free agents.

I hear they are scheduled to meet with agents for Mo, Harris and Harvin

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Would you use our [URL=http://nyjetsfanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=6]#6 [/URL] pick on Rollins CB ? Keep in mind he played @ Miami Ohio, not the U. Here is Miami Ohio weak football schedule which is a major concern of mine picking a player @ [URL=http://nyjetsfanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=6]#6 [/URL] from a 2-10 team in a weak conference. And in most of their losses, they got killed. I'm not saying that Rollins is going to fail @ the next NFL level; however, he would not be my pick @ [URL=http://nyjetsfanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=6]#6 [/URL] . Here is Miami Ohio's results from last season.
Marshall - Lost
E. Kentucky - Lost
Michigan - Lost
Cinn. - Lost
Buffalo - Lost
U. Mass. - Win
Akron - Lost
N. Ill. - Lost
Kent St. - W
W. Mich. - Lost
C. Mich. - Lost
Ohio - Lost

Go Jets...Cyborg

If we traded back in the draft out of the top 10, or around #10 , I'd take him. I'd try to get to #10 before taking him. He was the best CB on the field at the senior bowl and showed it during the game too...and there were players from all over the nation at the senior bowl. he almost had 3 picks in that game and made an awesome one on a deep ball, factor in 4.40 speed, 6'0, and 205 (i.e. already has NFL size and strength)....I'd take him around #10 .

I dont think I'd draft him #6 ...but if Gregory and Williams were off the board, I rate him higher than Ray OLB...and I honestly like him better than Cooper WR Bama.

I honestly think this is one of the weaker top 10s in recent memory. That doesn't make it a "weak draft," but the difference in talent at #6 vs 26 is that much different, unfortunately. Cooper may go #4 and be the 4th best WR in the entire draft, while White, parker, and Beckham all go between 8-38 and are all better than Cooper.

To me, this draft has Gregory, Williams....maybe Winston, and then a huge drop. Just my opinion, that doesnt mean i dont think there will be some b/b+ talents that develop into A+ talents, like every draft, but there's limited franchise QBs, LTs, CBs, and WRs in this draft, IMO. I dont see an AP, Calvin Johnson, Andrew Luck, or Orlando Pace...

I see a guy who may be the next Suh and a pass rushing demon in Gregory, and a bunch of guys who could end up anywhere in the draft selection process between now and April.

F

flgreen

Would you use our]#6 pick on Rollins CB ?

No way. Acquire 2 FA's CB's Cro, Jackson, or some other veterans who can be plugged in and play.

Jets have some young CB's on the roster right now that they have to see what they can do. Milliner, McDougle, Williams. Lets find out if any of them are the future before we start brining other unknown drat picks in.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
No way. Acquire 2 FA's CB's Cro, Jackson, or some other veterans who can be plugged in and play.

Jets have some young CB's on the roster right now that they have to see what they can do. Milliner, McDougle, Williams. Lets find out if any of them are the future before we start brining other unknown drat picks in.

Kareem "I have made 0 Pro Bowls" Jackson is asking for $13 mill per season. $13 mill. If you sign him, he's your #1 CB. is kareem Jackson a #1 CB...because you'll have to pay him like he is...

...if we sign jackson, we're giving him Talib and DRC money ($1 mill less than revis made)...you think Jackson is worth that contract?

I guess some may think Jets would spend $13 mill on Jackson and another $3-4 on Cro, then go into the season with Milliner as the nickel back...

...I just dont think that seems likely the Jets spend $17 mill on 2 CBs this offseason, but we'll see, especially when none of the CBs are special...

I think it's more likely you sign Cro and draft Collins/CB and see what you have in Milliner, McDougle, Williams, and young CB fighting for two spots with Cro penciled in...sounds like a better investment than my name is Kareem jackson but I get paid Revis money...

The Texans are not expected to use the franchise tag on CB Kareem Jackson.
Although Jackson was PFF's No. 11 CB last season, he's not worth the $13M it would cost for the Texans to keep him on a one-year franchise tender. That doesn't mean the team doesn't want him back. GM Rick Smith will try to work out a long-term deal before teams like the Bengals, with Jackson confidant Vance Joseph as DBs coach, come calling. Feb 17 - 10:27 AM
Source: Houston Chronicle

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
If we traded back in the draft out of the top 10, or around #10 , I'd take him. I'd try to get to #10 before taking him. He was the best CB on the field at the senior bowl and showed it during the game too...and there were players from all over the nation at the senior bowl. he almost had 3 picks in that game and made an awesome one on a deep ball, factor in 4.40 speed, 6'0, and 205 (i.e. already has NFL size and strength)....I'd take him around #10 .

I dont think I'd draft him #6 ...but if Gregory and Williams were off the board, I rate him higher than Ray OLB...and I honestly like him better than Cooper WR Bama.

I honestly think this is one of the weaker top 10s in recent memory. That doesn't make it a "weak draft," but the difference in talent at #6 vs 26 is that much different, unfortunately. Cooper may go #4 and be the 4th best WR in the entire draft, while White, parker, and Beckham all go between 8-38 and are all better than Cooper.

To me, this draft has Gregory, Williams....maybe Winston, and then a huge drop. Just my opinion, that doesnt mean i dont think there will be some b/b+ talents that develop into A+ talents, like every draft, but there's limited franchise QBs, LTs, CBs, and WRs in this draft, IMO. I dont see an AP, Calvin Johnson, Andrew Luck, or Orlando Pace...

I see a guy who may be the next Suh and a pass rushing demon in Gregory, and a bunch of guys who could end up anywhere in the draft selection process between now and April.

55, you really seem to be high on this guy Rollins. i can't opine one way or another since i've never seen him play.

not saying you are wrong and he is right, since i respect your opinion, but it's interesting to me that right now, kiper has him as the #7 CB in the draft, albeit someone on the rise:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...nking-prospects-every-position-nfl-draft-2015

Cornerbacks

1. *Trae Waynes, Michigan St.
2. *Marcus Peters, Washington
3. *Jalen Collins, LSU
4. Kevin Johnson, Wake Forest
5. *P.J. Williams, Florida St.
6. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon
7. Quinten Rollins, Miami (Ohio)
8. Kevin White, TCU
9. Steven Nelson, Oregon St.
10. Byron Jones, Connecticut

I've made exactly zero moves among my top five since the previous ranking, so not much to discuss there. I will say: This position can see some serious fluctuations coming out of Indy because if you want to say the 40 time really matters, here's a good place to start. There are cases in which a bad 40 doesn't hurt too much (Joe Haden comes to mind), but if you struggle there, the tape has to be exceptional. Rollins has risen the most for me, and a name you don't see but isn't far off is Nick Marshall of Auburn, who is in the draft as a cornerback after playing QB for the Tigers.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Kareem "I have made 0 Pro Bowls" Jackson is asking for $13 mill per season. $13 mill. If you sign him, he's your #1 CB. is kareem Jackson a #1 CB...because you'll have to pay him like he is...

...if we sign jackson, we're giving him Talib and DRC money ($1 mill less than revis made)...you think Jackson is worth that contract?

I guess some may think Jets would spend $13 mill on Jackson and another $3-4 on Cro, then go into the season with Milliner as the nickel back...

...I just dont think that seems likely the Jets spend $17 mill on 2 CBs this offseason, but we'll see, especially when none of the CBs are special...

I think it's more likely you sign Cro and draft Collins/CB and see what you have in Milliner, McDougle, Williams, and young CB fighting for two spots with Cro penciled in...sounds like a better investment than my name is Kareem jackson but I get paid Revis money...

The Texans are not expected to use the franchise tag on CB Kareem Jackson.
Although Jackson was PFF's No. 11 CB last season, he's not worth the $13M it would cost for the Texans to keep him on a one-year franchise tender. That doesn't mean the team doesn't want him back. GM Rick Smith will try to work out a long-term deal before teams like the Bengals, with Jackson confidant Vance Joseph as DBs coach, come calling. Feb 17 - 10:27 AM
Source: Houston Chronicle

point of clarification - jackson isn't asking for $13 mil per year (at least as far as i know). the $13 mil cited is the franchise tag amount that houston would pay if they tag him because they don't want to lose him and can't come to terms on another extension.

now maybe he and his agent are asking for talib-like money. but i doubt they get that from anyone.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
point of clarification - jackson isn't asking for $13 mil per year (at least as far as i know). the $13 mil cited is the franchise tag amount that houston would pay if they tag him because they don't want to lose him and can't come to terms on another extension.

now maybe he and his agent are asking for talib-like money. but i doubt they get that from anyone.

Rumors are, they're asking for DRC money (5 years $40 mill with majority of the money up front):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2363282-kareem-jackson-challenging-for-best-free-agent-cb-of-2015-class

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Ameer Abdullah - RB - Player
Nebraska RB Ameer Abdullah averaged one fumble per every 35.4 touches during his four-year college career.
Per CBS' Dane Brugler, this is the highest fumble rate in the 2015 running back class. Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon had the second highest fumble rate at one loose ball per every 54.4 touches, while Alabama's T.J. Yeldon averaged one fumble every 62.2 touches. Jay Ajayi fumbled once every 62.6 touches.

Cedric Ogbuehi - T - Player
Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi measured in with the second longest arms (35 7/8") among offensive linemen at the NFL Combine.
Only Florida's Trent Brown's arms are longer (36"). A favorite of Rotoworld draft analyst Josh Norris, Ogbuehi tore his ACL in the Aggies' bowl game and will also have to clear medical checks in Indianapolis. A surefire first-round pick before the injury, Ogbuehi may now be on the top-50 fringe.

Cameron Erving - C - Player
Florida State OL Cameron Erving measured in with 34 1/8-inch arms and an 84 1/8-inch wingspan at the NFL Combine.
He offers quite a bit of length. Erving opened his college career at defensive tackle, became a starter at offensive tackle, and moved to center down the stretch of 2014. Erving is expected to be in the first-round conversation.

D.J. Humphries - T - Player
Florida OT D.J. Humphries measured 6-foot-5, 307 at the NFL Combine.
Humphries was listed at 295 by the Gators and was rumored to play in the 280s and even high 270s during his final college season. He's drawn some comparisons to lightweight Cowboys LT Tyron Smith for those reasons. Highly athletic, some flags on Humphries are his injury history and functional strength.

Marcus Mariota - QB - Player
Appearing on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia, the Philly Inquirer's Jeff McLane stated that he expects the Eagles to try to move up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota in the draft.
This isn't the first we've heard of Chip Kelly's love for his college quarterback. "Unless I'm missing something here," said McLane, "the Eagles are going to do whatever it takes to get him." Acquiring Mariota would likely cost the Eagles most of their 2015 draft class, but would be well worth it if Mariota solves their quarterback problem. Philadelphia currently holds the No. 20 overall pick. They'll likely have to get into the top five, jumping the quarterback-needy Jets at No. 6.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
well that's a big difference from asking for $13 mil per.

Fair, 5 years $39 mill with a $10 mill signing bonus is what DRC received with $12 mill in guarantees. I would argue $10 mill per year for Kareem jackson is still too steep.

if you tol me kareem Jackson for $7-8 mill (including signing bonus)...that may be fine. If he gets up in the $12 mill range, no way.

Maxwell is the only CB on the market I think is almost worth #1 CB money. Jackson should get $8 mill per, or #2 money.

It doesnt matter, really, because it appears he's heading to the Bengals.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Brandon Scherff - T - Player
Iowa T/G Brandon Scherff measured in with 33 3/8-inch arms at the NFL Scouting Combine.
They are short by NFL left-tackle standards, but not necessarily too short for Scherff to play the position in the pros. Jake Long, Joe Thomas, and Riley Reiff all have shorter arms than Scherff. Whether Scherff is able to avoid a move inside to guard will depend on his ability to protect the edge. Arm length may work against him, but he can succeed with technique.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
La'El Collins - T - Player
LSU OL La'El Collins said at the Combine that he recently met with the Browns and they told him "you are our favorite for right tackle."
It's a potential indication the Browns aren't satisfied with incumbent RT Mitchell Schwartz, who scuffled as a run blocker in 2014. Collins is also being looked at by some teams as a potential guard. After watching his game tape, Rotoworld's Josh Norris believes Collins can succeed at left tackle.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Eric Allen @eallenjets · 7m7 minutes ago

Bowles:Stressed accountability & toughness, Jets will address CB issues, need less turnovers from QB & he wants bigger plays down field..

Eric Allen @eallenjets · 37m37 minutes ago

GM Mike Maccagnan tells the media the Jets do have interviews scheduled with both Jameis Winston &… http://instagram.com/p/zQUN1CJE0Y/

Geoff Mosher @GeoffMosherCSN · 11m11 minutes ago

Andy Reid said he's a big fan of Todd Bowles and wished he would have had him sooner in Philly. Said he tried to get Bowles there earlier.

Geoff Mosher @GeoffMosherCSN · 11m11 minutes ago

I'm guessing Andy had tried to get Bowles for DC before he eventually settled on Juan.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 17m17 minutes ago

Maccagnan hints that he may ask Harvin to restructure contract. Says he will meet here with Harvin's agent. #nyj

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 38m38 minutes ago

Maccagnan says they will be potentially involved in trying to sign big-money free agents. #nyj

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 48m48 minutes ago

Maccagnan on needs: Mentions cornerback specifically. #nyj

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 58m58 minutes ago

Bowles on Geno Smith: Good arm, can make all the throws. Can't comment on intangibles until he meets him. #nyj

M

Matriculator

Ameer Abdullah - RB - Player
Nebraska RB Ameer Abdullah averaged one fumble per every 35.4 touches during his four-year college career.
Per CBS' Dane Brugler, this is the highest fumble rate in the 2015 running back class. Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon had the second highest fumble rate at one loose ball per every 54.4 touches, while Alabama's T.J. Yeldon averaged one fumble every 62.2 touches. Jay Ajayi fumbled once every 62.6 touches.

Cedric Ogbuehi - T - Player
Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi measured in with the second longest arms (35 7/8") among offensive linemen at the NFL Combine.
Only Florida's Trent Brown's arms are longer (36"). A favorite of Rotoworld draft analyst Josh Norris, Ogbuehi tore his ACL in the Aggies' bowl game and will also have to clear medical checks in Indianapolis. A surefire first-round pick before the injury, Ogbuehi may now be on the top-50 fringe.

Cameron Erving - C - Player
Florida State OL Cameron Erving measured in with 34 1/8-inch arms and an 84 1/8-inch wingspan at the NFL Combine.
He offers quite a bit of length. Erving opened his college career at defensive tackle, became a starter at offensive tackle, and moved to center down the stretch of 2014. Erving is expected to be in the first-round conversation.

D.J. Humphries - T - Player
Florida OT D.J. Humphries measured 6-foot-5, 307 at the NFL Combine.
Humphries was listed at 295 by the Gators and was rumored to play in the 280s and even high 270s during his final college season. He's drawn some comparisons to lightweight Cowboys LT Tyron Smith for those reasons. Highly athletic, some flags on Humphries are his injury history and functional strength.

Marcus Mariota - QB - Player
Appearing on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia, the Philly Inquirer's Jeff McLane stated that he expects the Eagles to try to move up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota in the draft.
This isn't the first we've heard of Chip Kelly's love for his college quarterback. "Unless I'm missing something here," said McLane, "the Eagles are going to do whatever it takes to get him." Acquiring Mariota would likely cost the Eagles most of their 2015 draft class, but would be well worth it if Mariota solves their quarterback problem. Philadelphia currently holds the No. 20 overall pick. They'll likely have to get into the top five, jumping the quarterback-needy Jets at No. 6.

Ogbuehi might be worth shelving for the year and have him as your future LT with the 3rd rounder.

On the topic of RB's, I also like our 3rd rounder on TJ Yeldon should he last. I think he's the best fit for Gailey's offense beside Gordon, who we're not going to get. TJ has great vision, is awesome in the passing game and durable with a little size. I think he could get a look as Ivory is not a good fit moving forward in this offense.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
More from Bowles & Macc at the Combine.

New York Jets @nyjets · 1h1 hour ago

Bowles on DC Kacy Rodgers: “Schematically we see things eye-to-eye…He’s an outstanding coach, he can relate to guys on and off the field.”

Bowles: "Right now we’re trying to become the New York Jets and we’re trying to become a winning program. We’re just worried about us."

Maccagnan: "Overall, we’re trying to increase the talent and make every position as competitive as can be."

New York Jets @nyjets · 42m42 minutes ago

Maccagnan: “We want to maximize the return from an opportunity-cost on our cap space.”

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 5h5 hours ago

Heaviest QB at #NFLCombine weigh-in was Jerry Lovelocke of PV A&M (248). He also had largest hands (massive 10 1/2).

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 5h5 hours ago

Those measurements were for the three QBs who went through today in Group 1. The rest will be measured tomorrow.

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 6h6 hours ago

Florida G Trent Brown had the longest arms of the OL group: 36 inches. Pitt's T.J. Clemmings measured 35 1/8

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 6h6 hours ago

Only ONE offensive lineman weighed less than 300 lbs during the #NFLCombine weigh-in this morning. Auburn C Reese Dismukes came in at 296.

F

flgreen

well that's a big difference from asking for $13 mil per.

Certainly is.

Not to mention the fact that neither Jackson, or anybody close to him said it. It was a writer from bleacher report, and here'swhathe actually said.

"I'm expecting that Jackson will be looking at about the same contract Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie settled for last offseason. "

Not only that the article doesn't at all support 55's argument with this quote from it.

"Rotoworld regards Byron Maxwell as the top corner on the unrestricted free-agent market. Jackson actually belongs with him when you look at it with a measured eye. The two of them are the same age. Maxwell played worse by empirical measures than Jackson last season. Maxwell played ahead of the best safety tandem in the league: Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. Jackson played ahead of the remains of Danieal Manning and journeyman Kendrick Lewis.
I think there's a case that Jackson is the better player. Maxwell, by the way, won't stay in Seattle given the market. Read between the lines. Seahawks general manager John Schneider admitted to a local radio station (h/t The Seattle Times) that Maxwell is all but gone:"