COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

F

flgreen

I like Allen but think Jarret will also get a shot. I also think they will bring in 1 safety to give them 4 with Pryor, Allen, and Jarret. I dont think Milez is handed a roster spot, I think he'll have to beat someone out.

As I said, I have no problem with them bringing in another S to compete. Just don't think that S or RB, are must fix positions like CB, and QB are .

F

flgreen

Lol, for the record I am not all in on DGB as the only great player. He was just my main sleeper as I have felt he is being massively overlooked in the early part of this process. My favorite players in this draft:

*Jameis Winston QB FSU
*Amari Cooper, WR Bama
*Todd Gurley, RB UGA
*Vic Beasley, OLB Clemson
*Dorial Green-Beckham, WR Mizzu/OU
*Gerrod Holliman, S Louis
*Duke Williams, RB Miami (off the board if we sign Spiller)
*Cam Erving, OT/C FSU
*Randy Gregory, OLB Neb

Right now my middle round steals include 3 WR's that are undervalued:

*Stefon Diggs, WR Mary
*Rashad Greene, WR FSU
*Tyler Lockett, WR KSU

I think the latter two jump Kerley from day 1. Diggs can play on the outside as well.

Think your talking about Duke Johnson from Miami, no?

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
As I said, I have no problem with them bringing in another S to compete. Just don't think that S or RB, are must fix positions like CB, and QB are .

With losing CJ2K, i do think RB is a little higher than S. just my opinion though, i could see the argument made the other way,

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Good call. Duke Williams is the WR at Auburn, whom I LOVE, but won't be coming out in this draft, unfortunately.

Regarding Duke Johnson, this guy is the best "football player" every time he steps on the field. Other guys who I've said that about include Anquan Boldin and Hines Ward when they were in college. I don't care what 40 time they run or what their measure-ables are, they just show up and play better when it counts.

Duke is a little undersized and injury-prone but he is lightning quick, tough as nails, and smart. If he stays healthy he will be an all-pro at some point in his career. No question in my mind.

F

flgreen

Good call. Duke Williams is the WR at Auburn, whom I LOVE, but won't be coming out in this draft, unfortunately.

Regarding Duke Johnson, this guy is the best "football player" every time he steps on the field. Other guys who I've said that about include Anquan Boldin and Hines Ward when they were in college. I don't care what 40 time they run or what their measure-ables are, they just show up and play better when it counts.

Duke is a little undersized and injury-prone but he is lightning quick, tough as nails, and smart. If he stays healthy he will be an all-pro at some point in his career. No question in my mind.

I agree.

I'm a Canes fan so I'm a bit biased. Have a hard time analyzing players from the Canes I like so I haven't been touting him to hard. But your right, he is an impact player. Will probably be there in the 3rd.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
I agree.

I'm a Canes fan so I'm a bit biased. Have a hard time analyzing players from the Canes I like so I haven't been touting him to hard. But your right, he is an impact player. Will probably be there in the 3rd.

Which is where I pull the trigger on him, on the condition we fail to sign Spiller in FA. I would be very disappointed if we fail to get either considering they both bring exactly what we need to this offense. Not since Leon Washington have we had that kind of player and we all remember how valuable he was to those teams.

F

flgreen

anyone concerned about mariota's shoulder injury in the championship game??

Not so concerned about the specific injury he has from the NCAA Championship game, but like with all running QB's, they don't fare well in NFL due to injuries.

U

ucrenegade

everyone will be after mccourty so i would be talking to this guy

Louis Delmas S 27 MIA TBD $3,500,000 UFA he will be cheaper and just as good.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Dorial Green-Beckham: “I’m young, I made mistakes”

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 19, 2015, 11:49 AM EST
Dorial Green-Beckham
AP
In a year in which the NFL Scouting Combine lacks a little in terms of star power, one of the more intriguing stories is wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham.

The former Oklahoma and Missouri wideout found trouble at every turn in college, never actually playing a down for the Sooners after getting tossed out of his previous school. He was accused of pushing a woman down a flight of stairs, among other infractions.

He took the podium Thursday with a forthright tone, admitting he regretted his past actions.

“I’m young, I made mistakes,” he said. “All the decisions I made, I wish I could take them back, . . . I know what’s at stake.”

For Beckham, his professional future is at stake this week. He’s a physical freak, who has been compared to players such as Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss.

But he’s going to have to convince the NFL he can be a good teammate and be available.

That will be decided as much by his demeanor with teams, and his ability to convince them he has changed.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Player
Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham measured 6-foot-5, 237 at the NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.
The measurements are truly Megatronian. Green-Beckham was listed at a much-slimmer 225 pounds on the Oklahoma website, where he practiced with the scout team last year but never actually played. Put simply, DGB was created to score touchdowns in the NFL. At the below link is a recommended read from Jonathan Bales on how height and weight correlate to touchdown-scoring efficiency.

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Player
Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham measured 6-foot-5, 237 at the NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.
The measurements are truly Megatronian. Green-Beckham was listed at a much-slimmer 225 pounds on the Oklahoma website, where he practiced with the scout team last year but never actually played. Put simply, DGB was created to score touchdowns in the NFL. At the below link is a recommended read from Jonathan Bales on how height and weight correlate to touchdown-scoring efficiency.

[h=1]WR Size & Red-Zone Efficiency[/h]

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
3439509.jpg

Cam is one of the guys I have been touting. He has the length and athleticism to play LT (1st team all-acc 2014, 2015) and the toughness to play on the interior (3rd team Center, 2015). Had he played center all year, he would have been voted 1st team there.

He could be there in 2nd for us but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him at the bottom of round 1.

G

GratefulJet

I see you don't view FS as a priority need...who do you see playing there? I imagine Bowles would want to hand-pick this guy being a former free safety himself, one that ran the entire Redskins when he played. Or maybe he will wait until Mathieu becomes a FA next season and reunite with him.

What about Antonio Alllen at FS? He played CB a good part of the year (not very well, but probably as well as a lot of NFL FSs would have played CB), and he's also played SS, so he's got the skillset sandwiched there. I think it could work, with Pryor at SS. I like a FS that can deliver a lick, and play the ball, and we've see AA do both. I think he's go the speed for the position, and I know he's got the size. Thoughts?

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
David Johnson - RB - Player
Northern Iowa RB David Johnson measured 6-foot 1/2 and 224 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Highly productive in the MAC, Johnson is a sleeper to be drafted on the second day, although the depth of this running back class will work against him. Johnson has drawn some Arian Foster comparisons for his smooth running style.

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
What about Antonio Alllen at FS? He played CB a good part of the year (not very well, but probably as well as a lot of NFL FSs would have played CB), and he's also played SS, so he's got the skillset sandwiched there. I think it could work, with Pryor at SS. I like a FS that can deliver a lick, and play the ball, and we've see AA do both. I think he's go the speed for the position, and I know he's got the size. Thoughts?

I also think he can do a good job there. I just hope wherever Bowles plays him that he keeps him there.

F

flgreen

IMO Allen will be the FS, and a good one. Pryor will be Bowles "Big Nickel". Perfect role for him

M

Matriculator

I don't have a lot of confidence in Allen's abilities especially at FS. He couldn't keep that job last season and spent some time on the bench, if you recall. Jarrett played well there for a few games but that's all we have to go on. I'll differ with the consensus here. In my mind, this position needs serious upgrade.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Lol, for the record I am not all in on DGB as the only great player. He was just my main sleeper as I have felt he is being massively overlooked in the early part of this process. My favorite players in this draft:

*Jameis Winston QB FSU
*Amari Cooper, WR Bama
*Todd Gurley, RB UGA
*Vic Beasley, OLB Clemson
*Dorial Green-Beckham, WR Mizzu/OU
*Gerrod Holliman, S Louis
*Duke Williams, RB Miami (off the board if we sign Spiller)
*Cam Erving, OT/C FSU
*Randy Gregory, OLB Neb

Right now my middle round steals include 3 WR's that are undervalued:

*Stefon Diggs, WR Mary
*Rashad Greene, WR FSU
*Tyler Lockett, WR KSU

I think the latter two jump Kerley from day 1. Diggs can play on the outside as well.

Hey Pointdexter - watch the Panthers take DGB.

G

GratefulJet

I don't have a lot of confidence in Allen's abilities especially at FS. He couldn't keep that job last season and spent some time on the bench, if you recall. Jarrett played well there for a few games but that's all we have to go on. I'll differ with the consensus here. In my mind, this position needs serious upgrade.

He struggled at times, but I am projecting him to take to it with an off-season to digest everything he was asked to do last year. Rex moved him around so much, I don't blame him if his head was spinning a bit. I look for AA to bounce back with some good positional coaching, which I suspect he got very little of last year.