COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As usual, Jets owner Woody Johnson will arrive Saturday at combine. This year, that happens to be day the QBs perform. How convenient. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nyj?src=hash">#nyj</a></p>— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) <a href="https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/568214258623881216">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

U

ucrenegade

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As usual, Jets owner Woody Johnson will arrive Saturday at combine. This year, that happens to be day the QBs perform. How convenient. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nyj?src=hash">#nyj</a></p>— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) <a href="https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/568214258623881216">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

hopefully woody stays clear and just observes big mac and bowles

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Certainly is.

Not to mention the fact that neither Jackson, or anybody close to him said it. It was a writer from bleacher report, and here'swhathe actually said.

"I'm expecting that Jackson will be looking at about the same contract Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie settled for last offseason. "

Not only that the article doesn't at all support 55's argument with this quote from it.

"Rotoworld regards Byron Maxwell as the top corner on the unrestricted free-agent market. Jackson actually belongs with him when you look at it with a measured eye. The two of them are the same age. Maxwell played worse by empirical measures than Jackson last season. Maxwell played ahead of the best safety tandem in the league: Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. Jackson played ahead of the remains of Danieal Manning and journeyman Kendrick Lewis.
I think there's a case that Jackson is the better player. Maxwell, by the way, won't stay in Seattle given the market. Read between the lines. Seahawks general manager John Schneider admitted to a local radio station (h/t The Seattle Times) that Maxwell is all but gone:"

Hobson is correct, the $13 mill referenced is what he'd be paid for franchise tag, and you're right, DRC only gets $10 mill per year...and you're both right that no one know what he and his agent will ask for..agreed.

I still stand firm that Jackson is an $8 no more than $10 mill/year CB, Maxwell I think is more like $9-12, and I really don't love any other CB on the market...Cro for $4 or 5 would be okay.

I still would prefer to sign one and draft 1 in the first 2 rounds...I guess if there are people who think we sign Flowers and jackson or Maxwell and Cro, or Maxwell and Jackson,...I guess I'd just be surprised with the need for RB (Spiller), OG (to replace Colon), OLB, CB, S, and WR (to replace harvin)...

I guess Im hoping for WR (hopefully Torrey Smith), RB (Spiller), 1 CB (Jackson or Maxwell or Cro), and 1 OG (Franklin or Connolly) with our FA dough...i'd hate to lose an upgrade in 1 of these spots for 2 CBs. I'd rather see a CB in FA and a CB in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Hope we're serious about going best available at #6 . WR, OL, CB, QB, Edge rusher are all good options for us with some potentially good players

F

flgreen

Hobson is correct, the $13 mill referenced is what he'd be paid for franchise tag, and you're right, DRC only gets $10 mill per year...and you're both right that no one know what he and his agent will ask for..agreed.

I still stand firm that Jackson is an $8 no more than $10 mill/year CB, Maxwell I think is more like $9-12, and I really don't love any other CB on the market...Cro for $4 or 5 would be okay.

I still would prefer to sign one and draft 1 in the first 2 rounds...I guess if there are people who think we sign Flowers and jackson or Maxwell and Cro, or Maxwell and Jackson,...I guess I'd just be surprised with the need for RB (Spiller), OG (to replace Colon), OLB, CB, S, and WR (to replace harvin)...

I guess Im hoping for WR (hopefully Torrey Smith), RB (Spiller), 1 CB (Jackson or Maxwell or Cro), and 1 OG (Franklin or Connolly) with our FA dough...i'd hate to lose an upgrade in 1 of these spots for 2 CBs. I'd rather see a CB in FA and a CB in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Agree with everything you have said here. Only thing different I would do sign 2 FA CB's. One being Cro for a reasonable deal, and one expensive one.

I don't want to leave CB for the draft, ya just never know how it's going to fall. Plus we have 2 young CB's on the team already, that I'd sure like to see how they turn out. Milliner, and McDougle. I've said this before, I think the Jets are in a really good spot in this draft. (Please let the Eagles rumors be true)

I honestly don't think they lost much by beating the Fish. There is going to be a very good player at 6 that the Jets can probably plug in as a rookie, even if the QB's are gone. Cooper, Peat, White, Ray, Fowler, Shereff. A few more I can't think of off the top of my head. I'll be happy with any of them.

Second round is the same way. A good player is going to fall. It's probably not likely, but it's possible Gurley could be there. Parker, Brown, Thompson T J Clemmings. Real good chance one of those guys are there.

This draft isn't top heavy with Super Stars, but it has talented players into the 4th round. That's why I hope this Philly thing is true. Would be great having a fist full of picks in the first 3 rounds.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Agree with everything you have said here. Only thing different I would do sign 2 FA CB's. One being Cro for a reasonable deal, and one expensive one.

I don't want to leave CB for the draft, ya just never know how it's going to fall. Plus we have 2 young CB's on the team already, that I'd sure like to see how they turn out. Milliner, and McDougle. I've said this before, I think the Jets are in a really good spot in this draft. (Please let the Eagles rumors be true)

I honestly don't think they lost much by beating the Fish. There is going to be a very good player at 6 that the Jets can probably plug in as a rookie, even if the QB's are gone. Cooper, Peat, White, Ray, Fowler, Shereff. A few more I can't think of off the top of my head. I'll be happy with any of them.

Second round is the same way. A good player is going to fall. It's probably not likely, but it's possible Gurley could be there. Parker, Brown, Thompson T J Clemmings. Real good chance one of those guys are there.

This draft isn't top heavy with Super Stars, but it has talented players into the 4th round. That's why I hope this Philly thing is true. Would be great having a fist full of picks in the first 3 rounds.

TJ Clemmings is a good need for us. I hope we trade up from rd 2 to late rd 1 to steal a player that falls...but if we stay put in rd 2 Clemmings is a name I would like. May be a starter day 1. He and Collins LSU are plug and play, IMO. Rd 1 I hope the Eagles trade is true also. You get your QB and move back to the area of Beasley OLB (though I feel he could sky rocket if workouts go good), maybe Pointdexter's Beckham, but that's the range a CB or Collins OT LSU could also be finds and foundation builders.

F

flgreen

TJ Clemmings is a good need for us. I hope we trade up from rd 2 to late rd 1 to steal a player that falls...but if we stay put in rd 2 Clemmings is a name I would like. May be a starter day 1. He and Collins LSU are plug and play, IMO. Rd 1 I hope the Eagles trade is true also. You get your QB and move back to the area of Beasley OLB (though I feel he could sky rocket if workouts go good), maybe Pointdexter's Beckham, but that's the range a CB or Collins OT LSU could also be finds and foundation builders.

Agree

Beckham scares me some. Winston doesn't but Beckham does

F

flgreen

I don't think Woody can help himself. He will throw himself right in to the mix.

Meh

I really don't see Woody as an intrusive owner. Problem is he's not a football guy. When he has been involved he's gone the wrong way.

Honestly think in his latest set of choices he's turned the right way

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
Meh

I really don't see Woody as an intrusive owner. Problem is he's not a football guy. When he has been involved he's gone the wrong way.

Honestly think in his latest set of choices he's turned the right way

I have seen far too many pics just like this one
rex-ryan-john-idzik-woody-johnson-ea27ab35ca02f21c.jpg

M

Matriculator

I see you don't view FS as a priority need...who do you see playing there? I imagine Bowles would want to hand-pick this guy being a former free safety himself, one that ran the entire Redskins when he played. Or maybe he will wait until Mathieu becomes a FA next season and reunite with him.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I see you don't view FS as a priority need...who do you see playing there? I imagine Bowles would want to hand-pick this guy being a former free safety himself, one that ran the entire Redskins when he played. Or maybe he will wait until Mathieu becomes a FA next season and reunite with him.

Well, I don't know how likely a Mathieu reunion is with him being Bowles daughter's baby daddy. But maybe. I'm betting he's happier being removed from that awkward situation.

Well, there what I want and what I think will happen. I want MCCourty like everyone else probably. There's part of me that hopes he shakes out of there during the revis negotiations. But he likely signs his first ever team friendly deal so they an lock every single free agent with our luck.

I think Allen, Jarret, and one other FS will be brought in to fight for the spot. Will that guy be draft or FA, hard to tell. I could see Rolle being brought in on the cheap or a mid Rd pick. I don't think the Jets feel they will plug every hole this offseason, but I think QB, cB, LB, WR, and RB will be where they begin with OL and FS also being areas of need and if the right piece is there, they'll snatch him, but things would need to fall in their laps to prioritize those two spots over QB, cB, lB, WR, and RB. Idzik and his 20 draft picks and 50 mill in cap space left the cupboards empty.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Marcus Mariota - QB - Player
Oregon QB Marcus Mariota measured 6-foot-3 3/4 and 222 pounds at the NFL Combine weigh-in.
Mariota is seven pounds heavier than his listed weight in college. A quick-twitch athlete with dual-threat ability, Mariota is a bit of a polarizing figure at this stage of the NFL draft process. He was rarely asked to make tight-window throws at Oregon, or throw with anticipation. The best pro comparison we've seen for Mariota's skill set is Ryan Tannehill, though Mariota isn't nearly as NFL-ready.

Jameis Winston - QB - Player
Florida State QB Jameis Winston measured 6-foot-3 3/4 and 231 pounds at the NFL Combine weigh-in.
Winston played the 2014 college season at 248 pounds, so he's dropped a good deal of weight. The pluses on Winston are film-documented anticipation passing in Florida State's pro-style offense, and his willingness to pull the trigger on difficult throws into coverage and downfield. Winston is a deliberate mover, however, in terms of his pass drop, delivery, and pocket movement. He also has myriad off-field concerns. Winston remains the heavy favorite to be selected No. 1 overall by Tampa Bay and projects as a day-one NFL starter.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics

Lol, for the record I am not all in on DGB as the only great player. He was just my main sleeper as I have felt he is being massively overlooked in the early part of this process. My favorite players in this draft:

*Jameis Winston QB FSU
*Amari Cooper, WR Bama
*Todd Gurley, RB UGA
*Vic Beasley, OLB Clemson
*Dorial Green-Beckham, WR Mizzu/OU
*Gerrod Holliman, S Louis
*Duke Williams, RB Miami (off the board if we sign Spiller)
*Cam Erving, OT/C FSU
*Randy Gregory, OLB Neb

Right now my middle round steals include 3 WR's that are undervalued:

*Stefon Diggs, WR Mary
*Rashad Greene, WR FSU
*Tyler Lockett, WR KSU

I think the latter two jump Kerley from day 1. Diggs can play on the outside as well.

F

flgreen

Same guy that played there the second half of 2013, and did areal nice job, Allen.

Because they had no one else, and he was the best cover guy on the team, Jets made Allen play CB last year. He started out real well, but just didn't have the speed. As the season progressed you could see him lose his confidence. Wound up back at S, and played poorly. He just looked confused.

I don't see any reason why he can't return back to FS.

if the Jets bring in another FS, no problem. Think Allen can do the job

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Same guy that played there the second half of 2013, and did areal nice job, Allen.

Because they had no one else, and he was the best cover guy on the team, Jets made Allen play CB last year. He started out real well, but just didn't have the speed. As the season progressed you could see him lose his confidence. Wound up back at S, and played poorly. He just looked confused.

I don't see any reason why he can't return back to FS.

if the Jets bring in another FS, no problem. Think Allen can do the job

I like Allen but think Jarret will also get a shot. I also think they will bring in 1 safety to give them 4 with Pryor, Allen, and Jarret. I dont think Milez is handed a roster spot, I think he'll have to beat someone out.