Hassan Reddick hold out

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Seems like Reddick and his camp had agreed to play out the last year of his contract prior to the trade, then decided to reneg on that. I get wanting a new deal and some security (no guarantees in current contract is a huge no no), but man don't agree to something then backout of it.

Biggest problem is he is looking for a market deal (APY $26Mish), and I'm not sure that is going to be doable. Hopefully JD can front load his contract and shift the non-guaranteed to a signing bonus with a workable (2 year deal) with some void years. Reddick will be 30 this season, so I think anything above and beyond a 2 year deal would be unreasonable by his camp.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Seems like Reddick and his camp had agreed to play out the last year of his contract prior to the trade, then decided to reneg on that. I get wanting a new deal and some security (no guarantees in current contract is a huge no no), but man don't agree to something then backout of it.

Biggest problem is he is looking for a market deal (APY $26Mish), and I'm not sure that is going to be doable. Hopefully JD can front load his contract and shift the non-guaranteed to a signing bonus with a workable (2 year deal) with some void years. Reddick will be 30 this season, so I think anything above and beyond a 2 year deal would be unreasonable by his camp.
Riddick never agreed to play out his contract. That's why JD and his agent have been working on a new deal since Reddick s welcome presser. Also why some other teams passed.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
If JD knew Reddick wants Ukraine aid money, he should have backed off. The Eagles did.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Yeah, knowing how this towns media works, the Jets and Reddicks people could announce an extension tomorrow. Or not. Point is, what they don't know, they assume. What they don't assume, they make up. Same ole same old.

KenO'B

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Already has the filling his cash bag vibes sort of trade we have made many times before.

What joy and a player we can all cheer on this season.

Might as well just paid our own the cash bag.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Already has the filling his cash bag vibes sort of trade we have made many times before.

What joy and a player we can all cheer on this season.

Might as well just paid our own the cash bag.
I can't believe we made the trade with out negotiating the contract first. It was well known he was going to hold out prior to the trade.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
I can't believe we made the trade with out negotiating the contract first. It was well known he was going to hold out prior to the trade.
We're talking Jets football, Lance Mehl and Darelle,
Kotite and Matt Snell; musical notes.jpg
and Shea is the place that they tried and sometimes even did well,
Their Mathis was named Billy, Number 12 was Joe Willie;
and the rest of the Jets just mostly hung around Willy-Nilly.

Last edited:

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
They need to come to a compromise on the contract situation. Jets aren't going to give a long term deal this offseason, and Reddick isn't going to play with ZERO guarantees in his contract. Give him a band aid 2 year deal with guarantees for this season and a void year for next.

Play with the signing bonus to offset the cap hit and call it a day. We need the focus to be on football and not all of this other garbage.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
They need to come to a compromise on the contract situation. Jets aren't going to give a long term deal this offseason, and Reddick isn't going to play with ZERO guarantees in his contract. Give him a band aid 2 year deal with guarantees for this season and a void year for next.

Play with the signing bonus to offset the cap hit and call it a day. We need the focus to be on football and not all of this other garbage.
That's exactly what should be done,works for both sides. Let's not give Sauce,Hall and Wilson the thought to hold out next season when they are eligible to restructure.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Someone very, very dumb is in Reddick's ear. First, someone convinced him to change his stance on playing under his contract. Now he's being told that holding out is a good idea? Under this CBA?

I am pretty well convinced someone who doesn't understand this stuff is whispering in his ear. And my sense is it's a former player or agent who knows the old rules but doesn't really understand this CBA.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Really stupid to hold out of training camp. $50K fine per practice "that CANNOT be rescinded" If he was banking on signing a long term deal that I could understand the gamble, but a soon to be 30 year player is gonna get a short term deal (really best case is to load it with incentives and guarantee this year and maybe partial next year).

He isn't going to get $30M a season, so he's gambling $250K a week in fines? If he keeps this up he may not even be able to collect the $14M he was slotted to make LOL. Not a smart move, he may come out on the losing end of it.