Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

NY Jets’ Haason Reddick talks ‘progressing’ per NFL insider​

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Has he shown up? If so, is he participating or feigning illness?
Nope! Still hasn't shown up and cannot rescind the fines (they would have to plus up his contract to cover them, and personally from an organizational standpoint I wouldn't do that shit! No one told him to hold out)

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Gotta say, brilliant strategy LMAO! I don't want to blame his agent for this, since he seems like he has 2-3 other clients that are "holding in"

1722273945045.png

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
When Reddick did not report Sunday for the sixth day of training camp, he became subject to a 15 percent forfeiture of his prorated bonus, under the terms of the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The forfeiture, which is a mid-six-figures penalty, increases by 1 percent each day that Reddick does not join his teammates — he was not at practice Monday, either — up to 25 percent.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
When Reddick did not report Sunday for the sixth day of training camp, he became subject to a 15 percent forfeiture of his prorated bonus, under the terms of the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The forfeiture, which is a mid-six-figures penalty, increases by 1 percent each day that Reddick does not join his teammates — he was not at practice Monday, either — up to 25 percent.
What an idiot

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Dude is up to almost $1M in fines and a potential 15% forfeiture. Seems extremely foolish to "hold out" instead of "hold in".

We can only speculate with what is being reported and only Reddick and the Jets know the real truth; but this really doesn't look good for either side. My concern with him continuing to hold out, is him showing up late or first week of the season, and immediately getting hurt (not being in football shape, is a sure fire way to pull a hammy).

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Dude is up to almost $1M in fines and a potential 15% forfeiture. Seems extremely foolish to "hold out" instead of "hold in".

We can only speculate with what is being reported and only Reddick and the Jets know the real truth; but this really doesn't look good for either side. My concern with him continuing to hold out, is him showing up late or first week of the season, and immediately getting hurt (not being in football shape, is a sure fire way to pull a hammy).
Will McDonald is getting valuable reps.

Last edited:

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
At this point, he is hurting himself. If McDonald were to step up and prove himself, Reddick loses all his leverage.

KenO'B

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I wouldn't sign the twat now on principle, trade for what you can get from somebody who is desperate in week 1 when their pass rusher goes down.

He obviously already has too much money in the bank if he can let 1m go by in fines.

What happens if we don't come to an agreement, does he just not get to play as we hold his registration, effectively making him need somebody to trade for him?

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I wouldn't sign the twat now on principle, trade for what you can get from somebody who is desperate in week 1 when their pass rusher goes down.

He obviously already has too much money in the bank if he can let 1m go by in fines.

What happens if we don't come to an agreement, does he just not get to play as we hold his registration, effectively making him need somebody to trade for him?
The fines are about to go over $2M if he misses the pre-season game on Saturday.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I'm probably wrong here, but here goes. My opinion- because of the trade the Jets own him. He can't make any other deals anywhere else. If he decides to hold out for the whole season all it cost the Jets, I believe, not 100 % on this, is the 3rd round pick they gave up for him. No play - no pay plus, big plus, the fines he will incur. I think that when he reneged on the arrangement that he verbally agreed upon he pissed JD off. Jets are not desperate, as some seem to think, for him to play. Yes, it would be much, much, better for the defense if he did but they are good enough even with the loss of JFM and Huff to get by without him if they have to. I think JD is simply not going to agree to something outlandish like Reddick has in mind. JD is probably willing to compromise some but not very much which is likely why we heard that they made him an offer that he flat out refused. There are a couple of decent edge rushers still out there in free agency and I wouldn't be surprised if JD had spoken to them or their agents. I'm not basing my expectations for the teams success on Haason Reddick being on the field. If he's smart he'll get back to the team ASAP and end this hold out because besides losing a lot of money in fines he's not making himself very desirable to very many GMs out there. Most of them try to avoid such headaches but then again a desperate team with lots of money might pick him up in free agency next season even with a years worth of rust.

Last edited:

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'm probably wrong here, but here goes. My opinion- because of the trade the Jets own him. He can't make any other deals anywhere else. If he decides to hold out for the whole season all it cost the Jets, I believe, not 100 % on this, is the 3rd round pick they gave up for him. No play - no pay plus, big plus, the fines he will incur. I think that when he reneged on the arrangement that he verbally agreed upon he pissed JD off. Jets are not desperate, as some seem to think, for him to play. Yes, it would be much, much, better for the defense if he did but they are good enough even with the loss of JFM and Huff to get by without him if they have to. I think JD is simply not going to agree to something outlandish like Reddick has in mind. JD is probably willing to compromise some but not very much which is likely why we heard that they made him an offer that he flat out refused. There are a couple of decent edge rushers still out there in free agency and I wouldn't be surprised if JD had spoken to them or their agents. I'm not basing my expectations for the teams success on Haason Reddick being on the field. If he's smart he'll get back to the team ASAP and end this hold out because besides losing a lot of money in fines he's not making himself very desirable to very many GMs out there. Most of them try to avoid such headaches but then again a desperate team with lots of money might pick him up in free agency next season even with a years worth of rust.
This is the “Gone with the wind “
Novel version.
I needed a break half way the
That’s = to intermission in the movie version
😄😁😆

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
This is the “Gone with the wind “
Novel version.
I needed a break half way the
That’s = to intermission in the movie version
😄😁😆
Sorry about that Bigmoe. You do remember that I write novels and how to books, right ? ? I just can't help being long winded.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Let him wither on the vine. The guy just doesn't want to play for this team imo.
Call it Jet lag if you will. I say sit Him out the whole Season and show what happens when you renege on a deal.
You ain't got your Word you ain't shite.
Punk.