Music: GAS, Debate, Exclamation, Exhalation ...

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
How much time in the day do we go "peruse" guitars? lol I live in that dream world where axes I could buy for a couple hundred bucks are now several thousand.

Yeah, PRS has consistently put out a great product to compete with Gibson and Fender. Taylor, too. Totally agree that the Silver Sky was a surprise. Looks gorgeous.

Ha

kinda like all day for me these days :)

how about a time machine to go back to 48th St in 1972?

Cleaned out everything I had to get a LP Custom from Manny's that year. $290, with case and a Vox wah

First guitar was a 67 Danelectro covertble that everyone made fun of. $35 new !

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Ha

kinda like all day for me these days :)

how about a time machine to go back to 48th St in 1972?

Cleaned out everything I had to get a LP Custom from Manny's that year. $290, with case and a Vox wah

First guitar was a 67 Danelectro covertble that everyone made fun of. $35 new !
Even back then, you got a kick ass deal on that guitar. And with a case and wah-wah? Nice!

I was a bass player back then. My guitar player and I spent so much time in all those 48th Street shops. Half the time you had to beg the staff to let you even touch an instrument.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Oops, forgot to respond on the Danelectro. I love those guitars. So did Jimmy Page. $35 is an absolute steal.

Now, all those guitars folks thought were trash command insane money. Wish I still had my Sears Silvertone guitar and amp I got for Xmas when I was like nine or ten. People actually collect all that stuff. Nuts.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Oops, forgot to respond on the Danelectro. I love those guitars. So did Jimmy Page. $35 is an absolute steal.

Now, all those guitars folks thought were trash command insane money. Wish I still had my Sears Silvertone guitar and amp I got for Xmas when I was like nine or ten. People actually collect all that stuff. Nuts.
Wow did not realize they had electricity when you were nine. Lol

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
I was looking around Google trying to find my Silvertone guitar and amp. Couldn't find the exact ones. But stumbled upon this. What a concept; amp in the case. lol
fetch

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
interesting list from Reverb ...

Best-Selling Pedals Released in 2023
1 Strymon Cloudburst Ambient Reverb
2 EHX/JHS Nano Lizard Queen Octave Fuzz
3 EQD White Light Legacy Reissue
4 EHX Slap-Back Echo Reissue
5 Karma ODR-10
6 Keeley Super AT Mod Andy Timmons Signature Overdrive
7 Fender Shields Blender (standard release)
8 Wampler Germanium Tumnus
9 Peterson StroboStomp Mini
10 EHX Walking On The Moon Andy Summers Signature

Overall Best-Selling Pedals of 2023
1 Boss DS-1
2 Boss BD-2
3 Keeley Compressor Plus
4 Line 6 HX Stomp
5 Boss TU-3
6 Strymon Cloudburst
7 MXR M169 Carbon Copy
8 ProCo Rat 2
9 DigiTech Drop
10 Hologram Electronics Microcosm
11 Strymon Iridium
12 Boss SD-1
13 Greer Lightspeed Organic Overdrive
14 Strymon Big Sky Reverb
15 Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
16 Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby
17 TC Electronic Ditto Looper
18 JHS Morning Glory V4
19 UAFX Dream ’65 Reverb Amplifier
20 Boss GE-7

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wren and Cuff added 50 more pieces to their mystery box. These will sell out fast, it was a huge success this year

Got a Tri Pie '70 this year and couldn't resist a second order. Never had a muff before. Now I'm hooked (can you stack muffs?)

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Bird's plastic sax:

Wow. Never heard of Bird's plastic sax story. Thanks for sharing.

This quote in the article really struck a...er...chord. What a band of legendary players. Bud Powell is maybe my favorite pianist.

"Parker was joined by four other architects of bebop in the one-off concert: trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie, pianist Bud Powell, bassist Charles Mingus and drummer Max Roach. It was the first time all five had played together."

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wow. Never heard of Bird's plastic sax story. Thanks for sharing.

This quote in the article really struck a...er...chord. What a band of legendary players. Bud Powell is maybe my favorite pianist.

"Parker was joined by four other architects of bebop in the one-off concert: trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie, pianist Bud Powell, bassist Charles Mingus and drummer Max Roach. It was the first time all five had played together."

Been looking for someone to invent a time machine so we can go back in see this live.

One of Mrs Fud's (many) party game questions, if you can go back and see 3 concerts, what would they be? Some folks break this up into shows they have seen and shows they haven't, so pick 3 of each (not as easy as you'd think)

seen:
1. Mahavishnu at Central Park in Aug 1973 (when they recorded Nothingness, and this time I'm going to shout out something more clever)
2. 1968 at the Singer Bowl: Jimi, Janis, Chambers Bros, ("and my soul had been psychadelicized" which may have actually happened that night) and Soft Machine
3. King Crimson also at Central Park, same year, Lark's Tongues tour, but without Muir

so many left off, Genesis at the Felt Forum in the Selling England tour (almost as good as Musical Box's version :) ), UK (w/Bozzio, not Bruford), Yes (when Bruford was there), Weather Report, all those G3 shows (the ones with Gilbert and Petrucci in particular), ELP and a band no one remembers from Italy called PFM come to mind. There was also a show at My Father's Place that I forgot who played, but she was there and those seats were verrrry close to each other). Special consideration to the Miles show at MSG in 1970 although he only opened for BST that night, but the Yippie incident with the flaming bag of waste and the subsequent screaming match my drummer had with Gladys Knight (who we had no idea who she was) at Palisades Park made it all so historic

not seen:
1. Beatles at the Cavern (forget Shea, you couldn't hear them from what I've heard)
2. Coltrane anytime anywhere
3. Mar Y Sol Festival in PR ('72?) if festivals count, if not any RTF when Billy Conners was in the band (before Chick messing with the ARP)

this list could go on for pages !!!

oh, against the rules is picking someone like Taylor Swift just to go there to throw rotten tomatoes at. Also against the rules is going back to see your own band although if I did, it would give me an opportunity to tell my young self, "when our name comes up on the Jets season ticket waiting list, please please please tell them no thanks)