Music: GAS, Debate, Exclamation, Exhalation ...

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Trophy for any rig rundown :) . Took 46" to get to the pedalboard though ! Not too expensive, I like that in a pro.

This was interesting, 3 string guitar. Opens up a bunch of possibilities (maybe slide?) Might try this with one of the doorstop guitars lying around

The Earthquaker pedals make for some good dirt. I think I saw them on Cyber week sale.

Gotta appreciate any musician doing anything unique, especially in this day and age

Thanks !

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Trophy for any rig rundown :) . Took 46" to get to the pedalboard though ! Not too expensive, I like that in a pro.

This was interesting, 3 string guitar. Opens up a bunch of possibilities (maybe slide?) Might try this with one of the doorstop guitars lying around

The Earthquaker pedals make for some good dirt. I think I saw them on Cyber week sale.

Gotta appreciate any musician doing anything unique, especially in this day and age

Thanks !
Glad you dug it. I stumbled on that band Starcrawler a while back. Loved their style of hard rock & roll. Especially that kid's guitar tone and attack. I know Keith made his living on his five string approach. The three string sounds like a fun experiment. The advantage Henri Cash has is that Parsons custom built him a three string, not just taking three off a six string guitar. Those Parsons axes are gorgeous.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Saw Steve Hackett last night. Played some stuff from his solo albums and then something called Seconds Out from some band he used to be in.

Some really good players with him including his faux-Gabriel

Place was sold out but probably because the audience had time on their hands after they already put in their Medicare Advantage plans for 2023

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Saw Steve Hackett last night. Played some stuff from his solo albums and then something called Seconds Out from some band he used to be in.

Place was sold out but probably because the audience had time on their hands after they already put in their Medicare Advantage plans for 2023
Here's a review from Pete Pardo from Sea of Tranquility(one of my favorite YouTube channels).

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Fun to hear. Thanks WM.

A bit of a fanboy but a good synapsis.

Failed to note the bass player playing too clean, and he had a Rick too! Did Lamb Lies down without that Rick distortion, took all the power out of the song, but otherwise he is one of the best soloists I've seen since Stanley C.

Don't listen to him about the balcony though, the front (and especially the first row) of it is the best concert seats I've ever seen. Haven't sat downstairs for years and we always get tix the moment they go on sale.

One thing we were talking about after the show is that this guy, like all famous folk from back then, have been playing the same music for 50 years, over and over again. All his material is orchestrated, so that is not an easy thing to do without hanging yourself. Makes for a real pro.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global

lol Missed it because of covid

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Should note the passing of two very important contributors to The Perfect Art, Kim Simmonds and Dino Danelli.

Danelli (Rascals, both Young and regular), along with Carmen Appice was one of the very first high skill drummers, invoking speed and syncopation previously limited to jazz. He sat very very low in his seat and half of LI sat that way for years just because of him.

SImmonds, with his band Savoy Brown, was among those who blazed the blues-rock trail and helped set forth in motion the quest for levels above "put another dime in the jukebox". He was a g-g-g-g-god (invoking Jacobi's Claudius) for the time. Savoy Brown without him (Foghat) was not much more than pop.

That takes us from Action House to the Fillmore

RIJ*

* Buddy of mine used to say "Rest in Jam" rather than "Rest in Peace" under the theory is that there is a huge major continuous jam going on at the next level. Never liked that idea as you'd only get a solo every millennium or two

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
RIJ Jeff Beck

One of, if not the most innovative guitarists in history and one of the most recognizable sounds, which is a heckova feat on a Strat.

Great writing chops too

As said on his Guitar Shop Album ...

"Baaalllllllsss Deluxe"

S'long Sensi and thank you
Section beginning at approx. :46 shreds. Years before anyone would know what shredding was. RIP, maestro.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Ingeresting as heck. Not surprising how toned down but less spent on pedals than a high school kid, nothing cool in the rack, and a ridiculous amount of $$$ spent on HH Teles. Probably custom, but they're still Teles and they are mostly duplicative. He couldn't have contacted Anderson or Suhr? :)

Simple works for them though as the raw basic sound is the signature. One of the easiest to dial in. Any brittle humbucker with a ProCo RAT will do this.

Points for PJ for rig posting !

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Saw the High Kings and Gaelic Storm last night in Tarrytown.

Sold out show with an audience of about 500 of which maybe 3 or 4 people were sober

Amazing fun but a bit wearing after 2 1/2 hours

anyone ever see these guys?

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Can't believe that there has been not much notice of Gary Brooker's passing and with him the final playing of Procol Harum.

Most people think of them as one hit wonders, but his works on the Home and Broken Barricade albums were truly amazing. Kinda helped that Robin Trower was in the band too.

Amazing and unique sound, grand piano with a hard rock band and one of the greatest voices in prog rock history

Used to do Simple Sister and the ostinato at the end of Whaling Stories. Maybe time to revive them

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
So, I got the new amp. Bel Canto Designs E1x amp to go with my E1x DAC and my GoldenEar triton reference speakers. Wasn’t sure I needed it but now that I have it, I sure did need it. Freakin awesome

so loud if I were to turn it up all the way, it would hurt. A lot. It kinda hurts at 3/4 volume.

but most impressive is how it places the musicians in the sound stage. So much so that you can place the sound from different pieces of the drum set

and the bass response is unbelievable. Especially considering that the speakers already have powered subs built in. House shaking bass. Wow!!!

music is life

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Brian May still has such a distinctive sound/tone. Two notes and you know it's him.

A Holy Grail tone that is chased but rarely duplicated. It's gotta be that homemade guitar because otherwise it's mostly just a cooked Vox and a treble booster. Brian May fingers kinda help too.

This supposedly gets you the closest:

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
A Holy Grail tone that is chased but rarely duplicated. It's gotta be that homemade guitar because otherwise it's mostly just a cooked Vox and a treble booster. Brian May fingers kinda help too.

This supposedly gets you the closest:
Yup. Gear helps, but every great guitar player (and a hacker like me) will tell you that it's all in the fingers.

Add to the guitar May and his Dad built when he was a teen, is that May plays with old British six pence coins instead of picks.