New York Jets 2022 NFL Draft Reaction Thread

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
Great post.

IMO... Brady drafted to another team might not even make a roster. Beli uses his offense with an efficient QB and wins SB's regardless of who is there with a loaded defense; which is also his. But there did seem to be a point where Brady expanded Beli's role of a QB which allowed them to win with lesser talent. Keep in mind, with the Pats, Brady didn't win SB's with a loaded offense...The Gmen snuffed him twice.

IMO 2.0... Brady is done after this year. he said a while ago 45 was the magic number. This is it. Kraft, out of respect, hasn't made glaring public overtures, but has publicly lamented that he noticed when NE didn't made the PO's and then got whacked last year. I think Beli is on a short leash. Kraft is seeing a new era in the league and Beli might not make if things don't turn around quickly. I wonder if he gets "Landry'd" sooner than later?

talking about this particular rival with you is a lot of fun.
it is fun cause we both see things the same way. I also point out many times, how the years where bradys offense scored the most were the years that they didn't win the superbowl.

how about this one. in the Foles superbowl, the first time brady was touched before the ball left his hand was mid/late 4th quarter... and he fumbled.

if he ever got hit hard and often like most other qbs, he would have been gone long ago

sadly, I've heard him talk about playing at 50. i hope you're right instead but as long as he can play for a team that is loaded, he won't leave. thats my guess

and the nfc isn't going to challenge him much for a while

Jetsfan4life

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
reaction we got better but all that matters is they bring it all together and keep everyone available for the entire season not spurts then with this design offense and defense they have the style and potential to be the upset team of the year

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
When Belichick plays us, he always likes to score as many points as he can. Would Saleh do the same this year to the Patsies?

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Most of the 2023 mocks you just added have the Jets picking a DL (Carter or a guy from Clemsen) with the third pick.
That scares me because:
1) The will mean that the guys they got this year weren't performing up to our expectations (yeah, I know, Saleh likes to rotate guys to keep them fresh. But this year we will see other weaknesses that are more glaring than getting more of what we have already.)
2) They think the Jets will have the third worst record in order to get that third pick. But maybe if that happens, the edge guys we picked this year WEREN'T good enough.
I know it is way too early, but those mocks don't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
Later

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Somewhat draft related - the Bills poached Alonzo Dotson from the Jets. He was one of the bigger voices in the room for drafting JJ.
Was a regional scout with the Jets. He'll be a national scout with the Bills.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold................................top of the draft, cream of the crop. where are they now ? Every player being picked needs to make adjustments of some sort no matter how high or low they were picked and yes I agree some do it quickly and some don't but being picked at the top is no guarantee that they will.
Wow, I just noticed your reply now. Allow me to reiterate, none of this was my point. With that said, your counterexample is ridiculous...and irrelevant. Aside from the fact that Mayfield has played well,

he (and Darnold for that matter) needed less time to adjust to the NFL than Trev Quinn.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
Most of the 2023 mocks you just added have the Jets picking a DL (Carter or a guy from Clemsen) with the third pick.
That scares me because:
1) The will mean that the guys they got this year weren't performing up to our expectations (yeah, I know, Saleh likes to rotate guys to keep them fresh. But this year we will see other weaknesses that are more glaring than getting more of what we have already.)
2) They think the Jets will have the third worst record in order to get that third pick. But maybe if that happens, the edge guys we picked this year WEREN'T good enough.
I know it is way too early, but those mocks don't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
Later
I was thinking the same

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
That scares me because:
Later
i wouldn't worry about the 2023 draft before we get to see the 2022 one..

BTW, with the draft we did just have this guy still has us picking higher in 2023 then we did a couple of weeks ago?!

who's mock?? the fancy george character at PFF??

Jets Chaos

Day 3 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
When we traded up to grab JJ I called my friend in Vegas and asked him to drop $100 on the Jets to win the Super bowl this season.