Off season purge begins

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
Good move by the Jets. He was good at not missing games, but then it's not likely you are going to get hurt letting the defense just run by you. He allowed at least 7 sacks and a bunch of QB hits plus cutting him saves around 8 Mil.
Yes. He looked like a good signing, but immediately became a Jet

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Tomlinson released
bull-matador-flipped.gif

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Good move by the Jets. He was good at not missing games, but then it's not likely you are going to get hurt letting the defense just run by you. He allowed at least 7 sacks and a bunch of QB hits plus cutting him saves around 8 Mil.
Not a fan of Tomlinson but with Brown and Becton likely to go and AVT possibly unfit we are left with Tippmann and potentially four holes. Two tackles and two guards is a tall order to replace, especially with no #2 pick. Becton is rated by some as the #4 free agent tackle, which shows the state of that market.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Not a fan of Tomlinson but with Brown and Becton likely to go and AVT possibly unfit we are left with Tippmann and potentially four holes. Two tackles and two guards is a tall order to replace, especially with no #2 pick. Becton is rated by some as the #4 free agent tackle, which shows the state of that market.
It is definitely a lot to try to address, but we simply can't keep Tomlinson moving into next season. His performance since signed has been horrible (but he has been healthy). We can replace him with just about any free agent for half the price and improve the position (Guards are easier to replace than tackles).

The Jets may look to sign a Center and shift Tippmann to Guard (I believe his numbers were better at G than C), but the biggest issues is addressing the Tackles. We need to sign 2 and draft one to be honest.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
True, filling all four of those spots will be a tall order, but the fact of the matter is that Tomlinson himself was a hole in the lineup. I didn't mention how many QB hits a "BUNCH" is. In his case it was 35. Considering that I don't think replacing him in free agency will be all that difficult.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
It is definitely a lot to try to address, but we simply can't keep Tomlinson moving into next season. His performance since signed has been horrible (but he has been healthy). We can replace him with just about any free agent for half the price and improve the position (Guards are easier to replace than tackles).

The Jets may look to sign a Center and shift Tippmann to Guard (I believe his numbers were better at G than C), but the biggest issues is addressing the Tackles. We need to sign 2 and draft one to be honest.
Tippman seemed to improve a lot as he got snaps at center. He only allowed 3 sacks all season between both positions to Tomlinson's 7 and earned a PFF score of 61. Not bad for a rookie center.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Should not be hard for JD. Most of his talent for the Offensive line came from the High school level of play. He could always dig deeper and go to the Middle school level of talent.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Can't wait until some deal for Zilch is completed and he is finally off the team. I could care less where he winds up.

"Zach Wilson’s time with the Jets is likely nearing its end.

During his Wednesday press conference at the scouting combine in Indianapolis, New York General Manager Joe Douglas said that Wilson and his representation have been granted permission to seek a trade.

“Where we are exactly, we’ve given them permission to talk to other teams about a trade,” Douglas said. “I’m going to circle back with [Wilson’s agent] at some point, either this week or next week, just to see how those conversations are going. But other than that, there’s nothing else to report.”

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
How much salary is Zach getting this year?
Probably get a 6th for him, his best spot would be the Vikings, I believe.
Killer WRer, Hockesen at TE, playing 8 games, minimum, in a dome.
Not saying he wins the starting job, just a good offensive team.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Zach isn't worth much. I dont think there's a team out there that desperate. Compensation? Your guess is as good as mine.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
How much salary is Zach getting this year?
Probably get a 6th for him, his best spot would be the Vikings, I believe.
Killer WRer, Hockesen at TE, playing 8 games, minimum, in a dome.
Not saying he wins the starting job, just a good offensive team.
$5.5 million salary and roster bonus.
Dead cap is close to 11.2 million . If traded post June 1, dead cap will be just over 5.7 million for 2024