Official Game Thread: Jets at Bills

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Fair points. I guess for me, the sample size is too small. And I don't trust the regime that drafted him.

I know, it shouldn't be held against him. But their talent evaluation was atrocious.
John Benton has worked with him, and he has improved his footwork one of his many faults but playing in the Pac 12 didn't need footwork to be successful...

He is an athletic lineman that played throughout the line some time at center, left guard and both tackles...
He is someone we should want he is young and has potential...
Don't want him to be a starter just yet but he can remain a swing tackle for both sides...

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
You want to win, but I'm not too disappointed. The Jets hung with two potential Super Bowl contenders in the final two weeks, both with something to play for. They did so, and didn't hurt their draft position.

Yeah, I'd rather have won both games, but both losses show some growth and reason for future hope.

Way in the future. Not in 2022.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
I want better than that.

Zach Wilson deserves an elite O-Line not some mediocre Fant.
I don't get to watch the Jets most of the season. But from what I saw, it isn't so much the lack of talent on the o-line but the lack of aptitude. It's not so much that they're slow or lacking of technique but they miss stuff.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
But Becton was friendly fire by AVT pushing the defender into his legs this was the Bills looking to end his career on their own...

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
You want to win, but I'm not too disappointed. The Jets hung with two potential Super Bowl contenders in the final two weeks, both with something to play for. They did so, and didn't hurt their draft position.

Yeah, I'd rather have won both games, but both losses show some growth and reason for future hope.
And we hung in with the bills with the worst OL POSSIBLE. The only member out there today that has a future is AVT and he’s a rookie .

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't get to watch the Jets most of the season. But from what I saw, it isn't so much the lack of talent on the o-line but the lack of aptitude. It's not so much that they're slow or lacking of technique but they miss stuff.
there is no true flexibility on the line, either one offense or defense

can not have a mix of power, impact and agile linemen mixed together...

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wilson 7 of 20

87 yards passing.
82 yards lost on sacks

net passing: 5 yds.

gotta be close to the team record low

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
on d line they need a better mix of talent but more of a power rush mentality to allow for better pass rush stunts to take place without losing steps, need better athleticism on the ends to set the edge but can convert speed to power to get aggressive and push the pocket

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
there is no true flexibility on the line, either one offense or defense

can not have a mix of power, impact and agile linemen mixed together...

Agreed. Especially in the system that has evolved from the Shanahan Broncos, agility needs to be the word of the day. And you need a line that can move as one. Lots of reach blocks, footwork is essential.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
on offense we need linemen that can leg drive and get to the second level
we don't have that, we have a mix of power or impact blockers
if not mistaken this offense needs knee bend flexibility to pull from either guard or tackle positions
need to block in space and understand how to hand off defenders to each other with simple motions or quirks
there has been less than good communication on this offensive line all year long
and that is the example of missed wide open blocks, getting jammed into one area closing run lanes and free rushers into the backfield at QB or RB even WR on end around

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Wilson 7 of 20

87 yards passing.
82 yards lost on sacks

net passing: 5 yds.

gotta be close to the team record low

That he spent so much time backtracking shows how a lot of the pressure was up the middle, not off the edge. That means he didn't have anywhere to step up. It shows what happened with McGovern out.

It also shows why C is easily the second most important position on the OL behind the LT. It's not even close.

Center is also where the smartest linemen play, and the ones who get the hottest girls. The best dancers, the best golfers, all centers.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
if they continue to build this OL through the draft Becton is a powerful agile run blocker who can absorb power bull rushes without losing ground, same can be said about Alijah Vera Tucker who has excelled as the season gone on...

We need that on the right side with the right guard position which will give us the ability to pull with our guards, will be able to slide protection better... We will also be able to stunt the d line with the athleticism which could open up the trickery with the backs and receivers...

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
like I said would be smart to keep McGovern and draft a day 3 prospect to develop which will give us depth on the entire IOL...

but depending on how they set their big board they may see the potential to fleece teams to build a proper core team this year with what they drafted last year and so forth...

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
if they continue to build this OL through the draft Becton is a powerful agile run blocker who can absorb power bull rushes without losing ground, same can be said about Alijah Vera Tucker who has excelled as the season gone on...

We need that on the right side with the right guard position which will give us the ability to pull with our guards, will be able to slide protection better... We will also be able to stunt the d line with the athleticism which could open up the trickery with the backs and receivers...

It is a transition in progress. Presumably, Becton stays on the left side in all likelihood. Bring in a RG, maybe look to develop a RT with a mid-round pick while looking at Edoga at least short term, then address C when McGovern's deal is up.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
That he spent so much time backtracking shows how a lot of the pressure was up the middle, not off the edge. That means he didn't have anywhere to step up. It shows what happened with McGovern out.

It also shows why C is easily the second most important position on the OL behind the LT. It's not even close.

Center is also where the smartest linemen play, and the ones who get the hottest girls. The best dancers, the best golfers, all centers.

linemen, the easiest position in football to master and the least important. teh center is even less important, all he does is snap the ball and fall down

(grinning and running away in a zig-zag pattern)

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
It is a transition in progress. Presumably, Becton stays on the left side in all likelihood. Bring in a RG, maybe look to develop a RT with a mid-round pick while looking at Edoga at least short term, then address C when McGovern's deal is up.
with Stromberg going back for another year at Arkansas we have one year to wait for him to come out lmao

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
linemen, the easiest position in football to master and the least important. teh center is even less important, all he does is snap the ball and fall down

(grinning and running away in a zig-zag pattern)

If you run away, I'll never catch you.

But watch out if we are ever in a phone booth together. I could definitely block you in that small space.

They still have phone booths, right? I mean, Superman needs a place to change, and Tony Soprano needs a place to make "those" phone calls.