Please I’ll take a 7th rounder

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
with the cap set Darnold's 5th-year option salary for '22 would be $18.8M

makes things more affordable and might give Joe Douglas n company reason to pick him as the guy...

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
with the cap set Darnold's 5th-year option salary for '22 would be $18.8M

makes things more affordable and might give Joe Douglas n company reason to pick him as the guy...

Does JD and company just want their QB to be "affordable"
Or do they wnat to win ?
This is makimg me sick
I like this better
Report: Number of Teams Interested in Trading For Sam Darnold Continues to Grow
Nearly 10 teams have now inquired with the Jets about the availability of Sam Darnold.

LetsGo!!!!!!!!!!

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
And if this is happening
JD better not overplay his hand and blow it.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Does JD and company just want their QB to be "affordable"
Or do they wnat to win ?
This is makimg me sick
I like this better
Report: Number of Teams Interested in Trading For Sam Darnold Continues to Grow
Nearly 10 teams have now inquired with the Jets about the availability of Sam Darnold.

LetsGo!!!!!!!!!!
the idea of cost comes into play regardless because Sam is entering his 4th year and by May 3rd the Jets would have to decide whether or not to pick up his 5th year team option

when it was perceived it was over 20 M that actually went against him... now that it is $18.8 M that is in favor of him...

they also could decline his 5th and sign him to a two year extension just because the cap is lower they have leverage...

we are not going to win if we trade for Watson, lets get that straight we have nothing to work with...
we are not going to win drafting Zach Wilson because he will need time to develop being a one year wonder...

Mark Sanchez drafted after one year to a team that was stacked with talent, this team is depleted...

Smart play is to run it back with Sam, hope that the new coaching staff can surround him with viable talent through free agency and the draft and run it then... otherwise this team will continue to faulter...

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
we are not going to win if we trade for Watson, lets get that straight we have nothing to work with...
we are not going to win drafting Zach Wilson because he will need time to develop being a one year wonder...

Smart play is to run it back with Sam,

We are not going to win With Darnold

Smart play?!!!!

Says who ???? You ????

We all have are opinions and ideas on how the team moves forward
( And guess what , they all mean diddly squat unless your name is Johnson )

What makes yours the be all end all ????

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Darnold is gone . After all this trade talk, there is no way he stays on this team. Both he and the teams morale would be completely in the toilet. And no way would you possibly attract FA’s with them knowing you tried to dump the QB and didn’t end up doing it. Fields or Wilson would literally have to shit their pants at their pro days ......

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We are not going to win With Darnold

Smart play?!!!!

Says who ???? You ????

We all have are opinions and ideas on how the team moves forward
( And guess what , they all mean diddly squat unless your name is Johnson )

What makes yours the be all end all ????
oh nice meet you Joe Douglas or are you Mike LaFleur oh wait your true name is Robert Saleh

until they make their decision on his fate then you can say your piece but what happens if Darnold stays?
Do you go?

Just curious
Sam Darnold is our QB until otherwise stated...
Mind you all those media sources have been wrong often just like JJ Watt...
Florham Park has been quiet, no sources...
Fans like you yapping on social media doesn't make the decision for the team...

again until it happens he is a Jet and on the depth chart he is Number 1

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics

Smart play is to run it back with Sam, hope that the new coaching staff can surround him with viable talent through free agency and the draft and run it then... otherwise this team will continue to falter...
To me it makes way too much sense to stay with Darnold because it gives us the best chance at building the roster. Even if he continues to play poorly, at least we have some assets going forward potentially including pick(s) in next years draft that we can parlay into a viable QB if necessary. I want to put as much around him as possible and see what he can do in LaFleur's QB friendly system.

Last edited:

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
but what happens if Darnold stays?
Do you go?

Just curious

Blahahahaha!!!!!!
Don’t like to criticize a garbage organization? Or their garbage QBs?

Let’s see :
I sat on metal bleachers in Shea for 10 years including 3 / 3-11 seasons

Got to enjoy 3 yes three good seasons thru the 80s

The Kotite disaster

Enjoyed Parcells for a minute

Endured the past 20!years of Tom Brady

Bought those Fucking PSLs which was a waste of my money
The list can go on and on but I’ll save you some time ;
So to answer your curiosity yea I’m still a Jet fan if Darnold stays
What’s another shit garbage season down the drain have to do with it ??

Answer your question?

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
BM - A lot of us are in the same boat. We have suffered through over half a century worth of pretty miserable football and even worse management of the team. The difference for some of us is that we choose to look forward with the hope that these guys finally get it right. With that we tend to be optimistic. My job and the world in general are full of pressures and negativity, and quite frankly I come here as an escape from that. Your negativity gets old, but i respect your right to be miserable.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Answer your question?
you are not the only one

I try not to look into the past
we can not get rid of the Johnson family
but Joe Douglas seems to have a head on his shoulders
Robert Saleh is respected not just with the 49ers but around the league
so if this crew believes that they can take this under developed QB and make him into something then why not?
you can sit here and bitch n moan all you want but at the end of the day you are not alone, sorry I am optimistic

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
To me it makes way too much sense to stay with Darnold because it gives us the best chance at building the roster. Even if he continues to play poorly, at least we have some assets going forward potentially including pick(s) in next years draft that we can parlay into a viable QB if necessary. I want to put as much around him as possible and see what he can do in LaFleur's QB friendly system.
right, the roster is 5 players strong:
Mehki Becton
Denzel Mims
Marcus Maye
Foley Fataukasi
Quinnen Williams

are the real core of this team

I mean we have potential in Bless Austin, Bryce Hall, Javelin Guidry, La'Mical Perine, Ty Johnson and a few more guys but this team has no future with a core talent of five players.... Need to build it out regardless of who is under center... Can't win with this...