Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
CHuUzRFWUAAxoyW.jpg

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
lol 51

Did you watch that video I posted?

That was my favorite commercial EVER, older cat schooling the young-bloods about a playground legend :)

Everything he says in that commercial you can say about Steph Curry, the real life Lamar Mundane.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
lol 51

That was my favorite commercial EVER, older cat schooling the young-bloods about a playground legend :)

Everything he says in that commercial you can say about Steph Curry, the real life Lamar Mundane.
wow, that's going back what, 30 years??

i haven't thought about ole lamar in, about what?? 25 years!!

& of course the knicks miss drafting the kid by one pick!! oh what might have been..

curry is the best shooter in NBA history..

i don't believe this is my opinion, i believe it to be a fact..

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
wow, that's going back what, 30 years??

i haven't thought about ole lamar in, about what?? 25 years!!

& of course the knicks miss drafting the kid by one pick!! oh what might have been..

curry is the best shooter in NBA history..

i don't believe this is my opinion, i believe it to be a fact..
Yeah that commercial probably is about thirty years old, around the mid 80's

I would say Curry is the best shooter since Larry Bird, who once proclaimed at a 3PT shooting contest, "the rest of you guys are playing for second place", then proceeded to drain about ten 3PT'ers in a row! :eek:

I don't know who would win, but I would pay money to see a 3PT shooting contest between Curry and Bird in his prime.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
J13,

Advertising Age Magazine, the bible of the advertising community, called this the best and single most memorable sneaker commercial of all-time, even ranking it ahead of the legendary Air Jordan commercials.

They said this commercial ushered in a whole new style of street ball "reality" type commercials.

The funny thing is, the guy in that commercial talking about Lamar Mundane was not even an actor by trade, he was a heavyweight boxer and his name is Leland Hardy, had some fights at MSG too, but he KILLED IT, there's no trained actor who could have done it better, he was so natural you actually believed there was a Lamar Mundane!

U

ucrenegade

actually two best shooters i ever saw were bird and reggie miller

best all around player i ever saw was jordan

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
Yeah that commercial probably is about thirty years old, around the mid 80's

I would say Curry is the best shooter since Larry Bird, who once proclaimed at a 3PT shooting contest, "the rest of you guys are playing for second place", then proceeded to drain about ten 3PT'ers in a row! :eek:

I don't know who would win, but I would pay money to see a 3PT shooting contest between Curry and Bird in his prime.
bird was an all time great shooter & an all time great period..

the gigantic difference between the two as shooters is curry's ability to create his own shot at will.. in a half court set he's essentially a heartbeat away from being open at any given point in time.. a head & shoulder fake, behind the back or through the legs dribble or a crossover.. defenders are literally helpless because they have to respect his ability to get to the rim & finish.. & mind you, all of this is happening 25 to 30 feet from the basket!!

for me that's what separates him from every other great shooter i've seen play..

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
J13,

Advertising Age Magazine, the bible of the advertising community, called this the best and single most memorable sneaker commercial of all-time, even ranking it ahead of the legendary Air Jordan commercials.

They said this commercial ushered in a whole new style of street ball "reality" type commercials.

The funny thing is, the guy in that commercial talking about Lamar Mundane was not even an actor by trade, he was a heavyweight boxer and his name is Leland Hardy, had some fights at MSG too, but he KILLED IT, there's no trained actor who could have done it better, he was so natural you actually believed there was a Lamar Mundane!
it really was a great commercial hammer.. you feel like a fly on the wall durning a conversation behind closed doors.. i had no idea the cat talking (hardy) was not an actor.. he damn sure did kill it!!

LOLz from the first time i saw this commercial to last night dude reminds me of easy ed pinckney..

U

ucrenegade

the gigantic difference between the two as shooters is curry's ability to create his own shot at will.. in a half court set he's essentially a heartbeat away from being open at any given point in time.. a head & shoulder fake, behind the back or through the legs dribble or a crossover.. defenders are literally helpless because they have to respect his ability to get to the rim & finish.. & mind you, all of this is happening 25 to 30 feet from the basket!!

for me that's what separates him from every other great shooter i've seen play..

a valid point but i don't think a comparison could ever be made based on that............you need to make it from pure shooter standpoint...........the pom pom defenses these days can do nothing like bird, reggie,magic,and jordan faced everynight.

U

ucrenegade

the physicality of those starks, ewing, jordan, pippen, malone, and stockton defenses would have shut down any of the teams playing today.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
a valid point but i don't think a comparison could ever be made based on that............you need to make it from pure shooter standpoint...........the pom pom defenses these days can do nothing like bird, reggie,magic,and jordan faced everynight.
true.. but david stern's vision of the NBA wasn't pat riley's knicks winning games 83 - 79..

no different than the dramatic changes the NFL made with how receivers could be defended..

curry would have figured out a way to light up those back in the day D's..

hell, other great scorers did..

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
lol 51

yup......that was a cool video.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
actually two best shooters i ever saw were bird and reggie miller

best all around player i ever saw was jordan
Big props on that one, uc, Reggie Miller is another all-time great shooter for sure.

Thats a terrific argument you just made for Curry, because its all true, every word of it.