Update: Deshaun Watson is as confused as we all are

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
He no longer working for the Patriots, if Watson demands a trade he has a no trade clause and can demand where he wants to go then let thaloe stand off begin... He is cornerstone but we dont have to surrender the number2 overall to make things happen... still give them 3 firsts & 2 3rds with a player(s) not named Quinnen Williams then that should be a solid deal because they retool their stock profile for now and the future not our fault their own allowed the GM/HC be frivolous calling the shots...
Then Miami offers the 3rd and 18 this year, a 2022 first plus Tua and that's where he goes.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Then Miami offers the 3rd and 18 this year, a 2022 first plus Tua and that's where he goes.
all his social media posting says otherwise...
and doubt Miami going to give up the pick they got from Houston in any deal...

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
It's going to cost both first round picks this year and a 2022 first plus. The #2 overall is the best barging chip we have. Not getting Watson without it going to the Texans
we dont know where Watson wants to go, his trade clause allows him to pick the destination then it will between those two teams to determine what the value should be...

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Up to date odds on watson where he lands
At least we’re at the top
LetsGo!!!!!!!

• Texans +170
  • Dolphins +300
  • Jets +300
  • Bears +500
  • 49ers +900
  • Patriots +1000
  • Colts +1400
  • Washington +2000
  • Eagles +2500
  • Lions +3500

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
all his social media posting says otherwise...
and doubt Miami going to give up the pick they got from Houston in any deal...
Of course they would. It essentially becomes Tunsil, who was a cancer in Miami plus a first rounder for Watson.
Many reports claim Miami is Watsons first choice.
Plus a far better roster than the Jets and no income tax.
All pure speculation at this point. It's a NO trade clause by the way.

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
We have Saleh...... who Watson likes..... Watson may nix a trade to Miami and want to come here. then we can set our price .... If we play this right.... we may get him for less than we thought.... but Watson is going to have to cooperate and shut out all potential suitors except us... I really think he is done in Houston .... but I also feel we should keep our picks and build with Wilson.

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
smart play by Watson is to decide where he wants to go and tell texans that is the ONLY choice - go make a deal. Just say - I am either sitting at home or going to xxxxx.

by doing so, he gives all the negotiating power to the team to which he is going - so he can win.

sort of the opposite of when the Knicks traded for Carmelo and gave up a ton because Dolan was desperate for a deal on the buy side.

In that negotiating environment, the selected team needs to give enough to allow texans to swallow hard and do the deal - but not as much as speculated in the high side cases.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
smart play by Watson is to decide where he wants to go and tell texans that is the ONLY choice - go make a deal. Just say - I am either sitting at home or going to xxxxx.

by doing so, he gives all the negotiating power to the team to which he is going - so he can win.

sort of the opposite of when the Knicks traded for Carmelo and gave up a ton because Dolan was desperate for a deal on the buy side.

In that negotiating environment, the selected team needs to give enough to allow texans to swallow hard and do the deal - but not as much as speculated in the high side cases.
Would be pretty stupid actually. Houston has all the leverage and demanding a trade to one specific team would lower his value. Houston will not give him away for nothing while eating over $20million dollars. Theres a reason they cleaned house after the terrible trades. They will let him sit. Trade him later or wait it out.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
“If I was Deshaun, I’d get out of there as quickly as possible. I’d head to New York. … The Jets,” 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman said. “ They’d have to find some threats, they’d have to find some offensive weapons, but I think there would be a lot more people excited to be there.I’d be out of there on the first thing smokin’.”
giphy boom.gif