Update: Deshaun Watson is as confused as we all are

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
Ok
I’m depressed again

Report: Deshaun Watson has interest in playing for Panthers
he won't go there. that means playing tommy twice a year then losing to him in the playoffs. doubt he wants to do that every year for his whole career cause brady will certainly outlast him

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Ok
I’m depressed again

Report: Deshaun Watson has interest in playing for Panthers

Actually, I don't think they can afford him. I could be wrong but I don't think they have the cap space to handle his contract.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Ok
Your getting me excited again
Actually, I don't think they can afford him. I could be wrong but I don't think they have the cap space to handle his contract.
Watson has a pecking order of teams he’d like to play for. Dolphins aren’t No. 1

Quarterback Deshaun Watson, unhappy with his situation with the Houston Texans, apparently has a ranking for which new team he’d like to play:

And, yes, he really wants to move to the AFC East.

But he prefers to play for the New York Jets.

And, second, he’d like to play for the Miami Dolphins.

In that order.

Watson this week told people the Jets are his top preference among the teams he’d like to be traded to because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job.

Watson confirmed reports, circulated for several weeks in national media, he’d also welcome playing for the Dolphins but said that is his second choice at this time.

Watson was in New York in recent days but it’’s not clear if his time there had anything to do with football at all. Obviously, the Jets are headquartered in New Jersey and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross lives in New York but it would be tampering for them to be speaking or meeting with Watson without permission.

Saleh, who was the defensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers the past four seasons, is a favorite of many players around the league.

Sherman, who played under Saleh with the 49ers, actually has advice for Watson on what he should do with his current situation in Houston: “I’d get out of there as quickly as possible, I’d head to New York,” Sherman said last week on the Cris Collinsworth podcast.

Both the Jets and the Dolphins currently have incumbent quarterbacks. But neither Sam Darnold in New York nor Tua Tagovailoa in Miami are proven stars or have performed anywhere close to what Watson has for the Texans.

Tagovailoa nonetheless was named the team’s 2021 starter by general manager Chris Grier two weeks ago. But Darnold has gotten no such certainty in New York from Saleh.

Saleh spoke well of Darnold at his introductory press conference with New York area reporters last week.

“What I can tell you about Sam is he’s got unbelievable arm talent,” Saleh said. “There’s a reason why he was the No. 3 pick in the draft. He’s fearless in the pocket, he’s got a natural throwing motion, he’s mobile, he’s extremely intelligent and he’s tough as nails. His reputation in the locker room is unquestioned.”

But Saleh stopped short of fully committing to the 23-year-old Darnold.

“We’re just getting the staff in the building,” Saleh said. “So there are so many things we have to do just from an evaluation standpoint in regards to the entire roster not just the quarterback. To give you that answer now would not be fair. There’s a lot of discussions that need to be had ...

“To give that answer right now would be premature..”

Watson has not officially requested a trade from the Texans but his displeasure with the franchise over its direction as it undertook a general manager and head coach search is now public knowledge.

That displeasure has obviously risen to the point Watson has a pecking order of new teams he’d like to play for.

So the Deshaun Watson situation could become a two-edged sword for the Jets and Dolphins: Both could become interested in trading for Watson. And one could end up facing Watson twice every season.

Miami Herald

Last edited:

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
At least this coaching staff would try to get the most out of him, not try to force him into a style wouldn't succeed in. (As compared to other coaching regimes)
Later

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Get the Xanax!
DeShaun Watson with his no-trade clause also governs where his preference is.
It's the team where the best pizza and bagels are made. Miami is his second choice.
I'm enjoying this off-season more than the season past.
pizza NY.jpg

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Omg
I must be in the fucking Twilight Zone
Please keep feeding us this info
I can't believe this is a possibility
Problem is , now if this doesn't happen I'll really go off the deep end

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Jets fans:

If we get Deshaun Watson I will _________.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
It mostly boils down to...........will the Texans let him go and if he officially request a trade...........and of course, if the Jets are willing to pay the price' Other than that the possibility looks good.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'll believe it when I see it.....but if they get Watson it will put a big-ass smile on my face.
What's really hard to believe is that players, real players want to come here. Could this finally be it? Could this Franchise actually be turning the corner in terms of how they are viewed by FA's etc? That alone is a big step. Hopefully this all ends with Watson on the team and all the predictions coming true.....BUT I'm still a Jet Fan so I will believe it when I see it.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I honestly don't think the Jets should make a move for Watson and dump multiple assets to get him. The Jets don't have an offense to put around Watson, giving up a ton of assets to get him just sets us back further in building the rest of the team.

We have a ton of draft assets, stay the course and keep building from the ground up.

CaptMyng

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
So Woody decides to come back now, figures, no way Watson plays for one of Trump's buddies.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
So Woody decides to come back now, figures, no way Watson plays for one of Trump's buddies.
I would think he knew that while Woody was in England.
Guess we could rule out the Pats as well as some others.