What are your expectations right now for the 2022 season?

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
You want to see national media heads explode? Have the Jets OVERperform for once.

They wouldn't know what to do if the Jets were suddenly good. They've relied on the laziness of SOJ for so long.

If the Jets pull a big turnaround this season like Cincinnati did last year, the pundits won’t have anything to stand on with their criticism. They’ll have to reluctantly acknowledge that the Jets were built the right way, and are a respected team for the first time in over a decade.

But yeah, the Jets are a punching bag for many of them and they’ll have to find someone else to pick on like the Jaguars.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If the Jets pull a big turnaround this season like Cincinnati did last year, the pundits won’t have anything to stand on with their criticism. They’ll have to reluctantly acknowledge that the Jets were built the right way, and are a respected team for the first time in over a decade.

But yeah, the Jets are a punching bag for many of them and they’ll have to find someone else to pick on like the Jaguars.

They'd still rip on the Jets. I have no doubt they would avoid acknowledging anything.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics

Cincy is the exactly the team i thought about regarding a big turnaround and applying that template to the Jets.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
You want to see national media heads explode? Have the Jets OVERperform for once.

They wouldn't know what to do if the Jets were suddenly good. They've relied on the laziness of SOJ for so long.

couldn't agree more on the national press. i also concur with your theory of local writers not having a hometown soft spot either.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Cincy is the exactly the team i thought about regarding a big turnaround and applying that template to the Jets.

The Bengals should give Jets fans hope. Burrow and Chase elevated them into contenders. If Zach and Garrett Wilson do something similar, we’re looking really good.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The Bengals should give Jets fans hope. Burrow and Chase elevated them into contenders. If Zach and Garrett Wilson do something similar, we’re looking really good.
This combination is something I never wanted wearing my beloved Jets uniform. At the start of last season Wilson had me believing I was right about him. At the end of last season I was happy to be proven wrong because I saw the promise of a Zack Wilson . An improved Wilson can only drag the rest of the Jets along with him so prove me wrong again boys .

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Well draftkings has us at 5.5 wins. I would be highly disappointed if the Jets won 5-6 games this season. Heck, I'd be disappointed with 7.
8-9 wins sounds reasonable, more like 8 to be honest. Anything over that is truly jaw dropping. Anything under that is just crap.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The Jets have as much offensive firepower as anyone in the NFL . The key is Zack Wilson and I’m glad we start the season the way we do.

Time to put the league on notice .

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Run of the mill analyst who hears Jets and spews... "yeah, they're the Jets. I see 6 or 7 wins tops, but they can turn into a dumpster fire.

An analyst whose been paying attention... https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/05/13/robert-griffin-iii-ny-jets-win-total/
At least I am not the only lunatic who thinks we can . People need to start looking at the Jets different and it’s unfortunately Zach Wilson who has to step forward and make it happen. Good news is he’s got some support stepping out with him .
This Jets offense has more speed on it than the Walker/ Lam Jones team and the OL is as talented as any we have ever had on paper .
Time to put it together . Did anyone ever think the Jets would beat the Favre led Packers in 2002 on the way to the playoffs?

Last edited by a moderator:

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Known Jets haters ESPN has the Jets as being tied for the second worst record in the NFL, behind the Texans. All the other teams toward the top of the draft class have improved, but the Jets must have had a horrible offseason and no young players last year.

1652480702936.png

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
Surprised to hear RG3 with such positive news.

But you're right. Most "analysts" rely on their lazy LOLJets predictions.
if z. wilson makes a legitimate jump the contrarian "analysts" can pretend as much as they please because the record at that point will speak for itself & so will jet fans on social media..

there approval is not needed or required..

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Known Jets haters ESPN has the Jets as being tied for the second worst record in the NFL, behind the Texans. All the other teams toward the top of the draft class have improved, but the Jets must have had a horrible offseason and no young players last year.

View attachment 3869
The Kenny Pickett/Mitch Trubisky show in Pittsburgh, and the Geno Smith show in Seattle are going to be better than the Jets, despite encouraging signs of improvement from Zach Wilson, and a vastly improved roster via FA and the draft.

Cool story.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics

View attachment 3869
Although the Jets schedule isn't a pretty one, they can win 7-8 games here. This 5.5 nonsense is bullshit! No way in hell should they win anything less than 7 this year. They are loaded with premiere talent everywhere. I'm talking about rookies and second year players that can make true game changing impacts all year long. Add in the vets that are proven to be able to get it done, this guy is a moron. If the Jets can stay healthy, hungry all year and get a few breaks here and there, no reason why they can't win 7-9 games. Anything less than that is a true disappointment.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
You can always count on our beat writers (Cimini and Costello) to rain on any parade with the Jets. We do well in FA with a haul of players who will be instant quality starters (Tomlinson, Uzomah, Conklin,Whitehead, Reed), get back three starters who were injured all year (Becton, Lawson, and Joyner), then nail the draft with 4 possibly 5 immediate impact players, and these jokers jump at the opportunity to piss all over it at the schedule release with “oh boy! This season could end very quickly with this schedule”. As if every team doesn’t play tough games throughout the year.

FYI. Draftkings has the Jets with the 17th hardest schedule. And these people act as if the Jets are doomed. It’s so predictable. Cimini actually loves tormenting Jets fans with his negativity. He’s an ass.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
You can always count on our beat writers (Cimini and Costello) to rain on any parade with the Jets. We do well in FA with a haul of players who will be instant quality starters (Tomlinson, Uzomah, Conklin,Whitehead, Reed), get back three starters who were injured all year (Becton, Lawson, and Joyner), then nail the draft with 4 possibly 5 immediate impact players, and these jokers jump at the opportunity to piss all over it at the schedule release with “oh boy! This season could end very quickly with this schedule”. As if every team doesn’t play tough games throughout the year.

FYI. Draftkings has the Jets with the 17th hardest schedule. And these people act as if the Jets are doomed. It’s so predictable. Cimini actually loves tormenting Jets fans with his negativity. He’s an ass.
you forgot the 'hole' part