Yankees

U

ucrenegade

It's always nice finding a young bright spot. I does not happen often enough for us

I think that was because big george was not patient he wanted to buy whoever he wanted, it seems his sons are going a different route and want to lower payroll but still sign some stars but not as many and often big george would.

I imagine cashman felt way more pressur under big george than his sons

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Good win today.

Any time you face King Felix and win, particularly with CC Sabathia, you have to feel like we stole one. And what can I say about Tex, just when I gave up on the idea of him ever being an impact player again, he turns back the clock.

Arod and Tex both having bounce back years, simultaneously, is the main reason we're in first place.

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
Good win today.

Any time you face King Felix and win, particularly with CC Sabathia, you have to feel like we stole one. And what can I say about Tex, just when I gave up on the idea of him ever being an impact player again, he turns back the clock.

Arod and Tex both having bounce back years, simultaneously, is the main reason we're in first place.
What scares me about Tex is I have no faith in his wrist staying healthy

U

ucrenegade

Thats what scares me about Tanaka, its not a matter of IF, but WHEN that elbow pops and TJ surgery is required.

most people come back better after T.J surgery it is just the process is a long one. I wonder if electing to have surgery after the season is a option or does it have to pop first? If I could elect to have it I would after this season if it holds out so cashman has time to go after a SP to replace him for next season while he mends.

U

ucrenegade

What scares me about Tex is I have no faith in his wrist staying healthy

I don't know what the hitting coach has told him different but tex has some fast reaction times he didn't have the last few years..........I remember reading in the off-season how he said he is going to train harder than he has before and I just think we have a better hitting coach now.

U

ucrenegade

3rd win in a row I honestly think arod feels a weight lifted off his shoulder with no jeter on the team. His swing is so smooth but man the power behind it.

I think when jeter was on the team he would try to hard he seems much more relaxed at the plate now.

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
Finally get on game on TV out here and after 1 inning I am looking for something else to watch until I check back in on the game later.

U

ucrenegade

awesome wish i saw that game..............in your opinion what has them playing so well. From the looks of highlights they all really like each other no tension and it feels like the 90's yankees again they are playing to have fun and they love the game.

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
awesome wish i saw that game..............in your opinion what has them playing so well. From the looks of highlights they all really like each other no tension and it feels like the 90's yankees again they are playing to have fun and they love the game.
I think we have a good chemistry this season which helps but I think the main reason is the surprise play and health of both Rodriguez and Teixeira.