Around The NFL

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
He may be cut after year two. The contract was structured this way to get him out of Miami. In doing so, they are paying him like Gronk/Graham in 2015 & 2016.

He also may not be cut, that's the value of signing a 26 year old to a 5 year deal is as his age goes up, his salary goes down...he should get the most of his money when 26 and 27 and see his salary start doing down years 28-31...and 3 years from now the cap is projects to be $171 mill (you posted that) when he'll be making only $5 mill or so per year...not bad.

J

Jet Setter

Vic Carucci @viccarucci · 4m4 minutes ago

More on the #Bills' offer sheet to TE Charles Clay: $24.5 million over the first 2 years.

That's Gronk/Graham money over the first two seasons. He's not on that level, offers nothing as a blocker, and has durability issues. Not to mention that for a team that will run the ball an insane amount of time, he seems like nothing more than a luxury.

It's likely front-loaded to deter Miami from matching. I applaud Buffalo for going out and getting their guys and targeting a division rival that made a mistake in not applying compensation to a key player.

The statement in these articles announcing that it's bad business is off the mark. It's aggressive and when you have no 1st rounder, you need to find alternatives to getting your guys. There's no one way to approach talent acquisition.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
It's likely front-loaded to deter Miami from matching. I applaud Buffalo for going out and getting their guys and targeting a division rival that made a mistake in not applying compensation to a key player.

The statement in these articles announcing that it's bad business is off the mark. It's aggressive and when you have no 1st rounder, you need to find alternatives to getting your guys. There's no one way to approach talent acquisition.

It's front loaded because Suh's deal is front loaded. Its that simple. Bills wants to make it hard on Miami, so they made the big money years the same as Suh's big money years.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Aaron Wilson ✔ @RavensInsider
Vladimir Ducasse one-year, Bears deal $825,000, $745,000 salary, $40,000 signing bonus, $40,000 workout bonus

J

Jet Setter

Free agent G/T James Brewer is visiting the Jets on Wednesday.

After playing 443 snaps at three different positions for the Giants in 2013, Brewer only played in two games last season. Though Brewer is capable of playing both guard and tackle, six of his eight career starts have come at left guard.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Free agent G/T James Brewer is visiting the Jets on Wednesday.

After playing 443 snaps at three different positions for the Giants in 2013, Brewer only played in two games last season. Though Brewer is capable of playing both guard and tackle, six of his eight career starts have come at left guard.

Didnt waste my time posting it. More OG depth.

Brian Costello @BrianCoz
I sense some negativity about Brewer from Giants fans.

U

ucrenegade

You know my answer here, because I've been preaching before FA started to get, younger, faster & cheaper. We have gone from one of the youngest teams in the NFL to one of the older teams just this off-season.

Go Jets...Cyborg

i disagree with you here cy. Yes we have gotten older but a good team needs a mix of vets and young guys.

What team of young guys without veterans have ever gone to the SB or playoffs for that matter.

you really need that mix then second thing you need is chemistry and you don't think bringing cro and revis back immediately made that loccker room 100 times stronger.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Talking about free agency, I wonder if Mike T brings in Crabtree. Crabtree, Stills, Landry, and Cameron...not bad...I could see this talent in South Beach.

J

Jet Setter

Talking about free agency, I wonder if Mike T brings in Crabtree. Crabtree, Stills, Landry, and Cameron...not bad...I could see this talent in South Beach.

It's nice to know we have Revis and Cro matching up against those WR's. Ditto for the Pats WR corps.

I saw Buffalo just signed Harvin. Watch out with those guys. They have some weapons.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
J

Jet Setter

Bills signed WR Percy Harvin, formerly of the Jets, to a one-year, $6 million contract.

It's official this time. The deal was agreed to five days ago, but a report surfaced that the 49ers were trying to make a late push to pry Harvin away from Buffalo. Instead, Harvin is hitching his wagon to Matt Cassel and following coach Rex Ryan to Western New York. It's about as bad a landing spot possible for Harvin's fantasy value. He'll be a secondary option for run-heavy OC Greg Roman.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Bills signed WR Percy Harvin, formerly of the Jets, to a one-year, $6 million contract.

It's official this time. The deal was agreed to five days ago, but a report surfaced that the 49ers were trying to make a late push to pry Harvin away from Buffalo. Instead, Harvin is hitching his wagon to Matt Cassel and following coach Rex Ryan to Western New York. It's about as bad a landing spot possible for Harvin's fantasy value. He'll be a secondary option for run-heavy OC Greg Roman.

Bills will use McCoy, Jackson, and Harvin at RB and Wood and Watkins outside with Harvin as the slot WR. Very good pick up for them.

J

Jet Setter

Bills will use McCoy, Jackson, and Harvin at RB and Wood and Watkins outside with Harvin as the slot WR. Very good pick up for them.

With Clay at TE most likely. Nice options. Imagine that, Rex has offensive players.