Around The NFL

OCCH

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Oh, so we're doing year by year evaluations of his contract to justify the side of a debate? Very tricky, 51. :) How about year 3, not year 2, when he makes $5 mill per and gronk and graham are now making 100% more than Clay... for 2 years of the deal, he's a top paid TE, for 3 years of his deal, he's paid like an average TE...so 2 year's he's paid like a great TE, 3 years he's paid like an average TE, we all agree he's a good TE (i.e. somewhere in the middle)...so his contract seems appropriate...:)

One day I'll introduce you to my friend D Revis.

He has some interesting thoughts about the value of contracts once the "big money" expires . . .

U

ucrenegade

✔ @jeffzrebiecsun

Ravens announce that they've re-signed DE Lawrence Guy.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Hardy to the Cowboys - 1 year up to $13 mill

Incentive deal starting @ 11M - 13M based on games played & sacks. Hardy told them no to a future franchise tag. I'm very surprised he's not a Bengal or Raider ? I thought the Cowboys were tapped out ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Bradley Fletcher - DB - Patriots

Patriots signed CB Bradley Fletcher, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.

This is what the Pats get for letting Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner fall through the cracks. Fletcher hasn't looked the same since tearing his ACL. He was dominated on a weekly basis with the Eagles, giving up three straight touchdowns to Dez Bryant in a Week 15 game last season. Pro Football Focus ranked him 92nd out of 108 qualified corners in 2014.
LOL I'm shaking like a leaf

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Is that right? Someone blasted me the other day for suggesting him.

yep - reported by Schefter. He would bring the speed/deep threat that we need in this offense. Still hoping for Cooper in the draft though

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 16m16 minutes ago
Raiders free-agent WR Denarius Moore is scheduled to meet Thursday with NY Jets, per source. Jets need a speed WR to go along with other WRs

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
The jets are bringing in DeMarius Moore for a visit tomorrow

maxmet said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 16m16 minutes ago

Raiders free-agent WR Denarius Moore is scheduled to meet Thursday with NY Jets, per source. Jets need a speed WR to go along with other WRs

Is that right? Someone blasted me the other day for suggesting him.
I didn't even know he was free, but its a good addition for depth if we can swing it. He's a good receiver with nice size and speed, and he's still only 26. This would be a nice under the radar FA move after the initial wave.

J

Jet Setter

I didn't even know he was free, but its a good addition for depth if we can swing it. He's a good receiver with nice size and speed, and he's still only 26. This would be a nice under the radar FA move after the initial wave.

Try explaining that to NYJDraftKing. His rationale was that Moore must suck since he hadn't been contacted until now. Whatever.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 2h2 hours ago

Breakdown of Greg Hardy's deal with Dallas

CAZ8uFMUIAA83_1.jpg:large

U

ucrenegade

i could def get on board with moore he def won't break the bank and his production will be well worth the contract as he can stretch the field and give marshall and decker more room to move.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
i disagree with you here cy. Yes we have gotten older but a good team needs a mix of vets and young guys.

What team of young guys without veterans have ever gone to the SB or playoffs for that matter.

you really need that mix then second thing you need is chemistry and you don't think bringing cro and revis back immediately made that loccker room 100 times stronger.

I agree, but I was not just referring to FA's with age, I was including the resigning of Harris, Pace & Babin on top of Revis & Cromartie and all those guy's are over 30, which means we have a 2 year window to win a SB. By then Revis will want a new deal anyway.

Go Jets...Cyborg

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Talking about free agency, I wonder if Mike T brings in Crabtree. Crabtree, Stills, Landry, and Cameron...not bad...I could see this talent in South Beach.

Wonder if Crabtree can translate to TE to replace Clay ? Flippers are stocking up like the Bills. The AFC East is going to be real tough next season.

Go Jets...Cyborg

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I agree, but I was not just referring to FA's with age, I was including the resigning of Harris, Pace & Babin on top of Revis & Cromartie and all those guy's are over 30, which means we have a 2 year window to win a SB. By then Revis will want a new deal anyway.

Go Jets...Cyborg

pace and babin are hardly locks to make the team. we paid them small roster bonuses, but can cut them at any time before the season starts with no cap hit other than $250k

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
pace and babin are hardly locks to make the team. we paid them small roster bonuses, but can cut them at any time before the season starts with no cap hit other than $250k

Yup. They weren't "resigned". They had roster bonuses picked up. Neither one is a lock to make the team especially if we go olb in round one.

J

Jet Setter

Wonder if Crabtree can translate to TE to replace Clay ? Flippers are stocking up like the Bills. The AFC East is going to be real tough next season.

Go Jets...Cyborg

How many 214 pound TE's do you see out there?