Around The NFL

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wonder if Crabtree can translate to TE to replace Clay ? Flippers are stocking up like the Bills. The AFC East is going to be real tough next season.

Go Jets...Cyborg

They signed Cameron from the Browns to play TE. They're set. Mike T loved Crabtree at tech so no surprise they're making a run at him.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
anyone know the story on him in 2014 - stats were way down and it is not like Oakland had tons of great WR

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14153/denarius-moore

The kid has a million dollars in talent and $1 brain. He's very immature. A lot of people think he's teh goods but just needs to get out of Oakland, while others feel he's another DHB. Here's an article about his benching that started early in the season and he never got back on the field.

"The Raiders have been waiting for the fourth-year receiver to break out, as both coach Dennis Allen and offensive coordinator Greg Olson have questioned his focus and attention to detail the last few years."

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2014/09/28/denarius-moore-benched-for-raiders/

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
The kid has a million dollars in talent and $1 brain. He's very immature. A lot of people think he's teh goods but just needs to get out of Oakland, while others feel he's another DHB. Here's an article about his benching that started early in the season and he never got back on the field.

"The Raiders have been waiting for the fourth-year receiver to break out, as both coach Dennis Allen and offensive coordinator Greg Olson have questioned his focus and attention to detail the last few years."

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2014/09/28/denarius-moore-benched-for-raiders/
I don't doubt that he needs to do things better, but the Raiders are dysfunctional so I'd like to see what he can do elsewhere, in a more stable situation that hopefully Bowles and Mac can create here with the Jets.

The good thing is we're not bringing him in as a starter, best case scenario he competes for the 3 spot, but even if he upgrades the 4 or 5 its worth the little money we'd be paying him.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
yep - reported by Schefter. He would bring the speed/deep threat that we need in this offense. Still hoping for Cooper in the draft though

I really like Moore. He oozes with talent, and I just think Bowles is the right HC for him. I kind of feel if we sign one of these vets, Cooper/White are off the board for us. i know some will argue otherwise, but if we have Marshall, Decker, Kerley, and moore...you want a #6 pick to rot on the bench? DOubt it. Also factor in Cooper - 6'1 210 4.43 40, Moore 6'0 200lbs 4.45 40...they bring similar dynamics to our offense, except Moore's been there before. Will be interesting to see if we take a flyer on the kid. He can play when his head is right.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 13m13 minutes ago

Osi Umenyiora back to the New York market? Maybe. Source says the free-agent DE was in NJ today to meet with the ... Jets. Interesting.
I approve, another good move for veteran depth on a one year deal. I know his sacks were down last year, but I think he can still be effective as a situational pass rusher if he's pressed into action, and it won't cost us anything.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I approve, another good move for veteran depth on a one year deal. I know his sacks were down last year, but I think he can still be effective as a situational pass rusher if he's pressed into action, and it won't cost us anything.

Agreed. Give him a one year deal as a situational pass rusher and he could help us out a lot.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I really like Moore. He oozes with talent, and I just think Bowles is the right HC for him. I kind of feel if we sign one of these vets, Cooper/White are off the board for us. i know some will argue otherwise, but if we have Marshall, Decker, Kerley, and moore...you want a #6 pick to rot on the bench? DOubt it. Also factor in Cooper - 6'1 210 4.43 40, Moore 6'0 200lbs 4.45 40...they bring similar dynamics to our offense, except Moore's been there before. Will be interesting to see if we take a flyer on the kid. He can play when his head is right.
I like Moore, but I don't think he's the type of player who precludes you from drafting an elite prospect. He might preclude you from drafting more depth at WR in the later rounds, but not someone like Cooper. If they draft Cooper he immediately gets plugged in as the #3 slot receiver where we can groom him, then Kerley and Moore battle it out for the second slot in 4-Wide formations. At worse Moore gives you quality depth at the 5.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Agreed. Give him a one year deal as a situational pass rusher and he could help us out a lot.
The NFL is a war of attrition, and a lot of times the difference between making the playoffs or not is your depth and ability to overcome injuries. The best teams usually have the most difference makers, and obviously a franchise QB, but they also have quality depth. Thats why adding these cheap FA veterans like Moore and Umeniyora after the initial FA frenzy can't be underestimated. This is how you build your depth, then try to have a good draft too where you find some steals in the mid to later rounds.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Is that Juicy J? Yes, sir.

Nice plays vs Jets and Bills...

This is the kind of under the radar move the Patriots normally make. Its something belichick likes to do, take a talented underachiever from a dysfunctional situation like the Raiders, bring him into a far more stable environment, and hopefully bring the best out of him on the cheap. I'm surprised the Pats didn't sign this kid.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This is the kind of under the radar move the Patriots normally make. Its something belichick likes to do, take a talented underachiever from a dysfunctional situation like the Raiders, bring him into a far more stable environment, and hopefully bring the best out of him on the cheap. I'm surprised the Pats didn't sign this kid.

Low risk high reward. He can be cut anytime for nothing but has as much talent as anyone on the roster at WR. Will be interesting to see if the coaches can connect with him and if he fits. I think day 1 he can return punts and kicks and will be in some offensive packages. I kind of hope we get this deal done.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Low risk high reward. He can be cut anytime for nothing but has as much talent as anyone on the roster at WR. Will be interesting to see if the coaches can connect with him and if he fits. I think day 1 he can return punts and kicks and will be in some offensive packages. I kind of hope we get this deal done.
Me too, Supe, its the kind of unheralded move that could pay big dividends if it works. I like that he's only 26.

U

ucrenegade

I third that