Around The NFL

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Low risk high reward. He can be cut anytime for nothing but has as much talent as anyone on the roster at WR. Will be interesting to see if the coaches can connect with him and if he fits. I think day 1 he can return punts and kicks and will be in some offensive packages. I kind of hope we get this deal done.
Nothing wrong with signing a guy just to get him in camp.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I doubt cooper lasts till 6,and I think anyone who wants marriota has to be more aggressive than hoping he falls to 6. So adding wr depth isn't a bad idea.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I like Moore, but I don't think he's the type of player who precludes you from drafting an elite prospect. He might preclude you from draft more depth at WR in the later rounds, but not someone like Cooper. If they draft Cooper he immediately gets plugged in as the #3 slot receiver where we can groom him, then Kerley and Moore battle it out for the second slot in 4-Wide formations. At worse Moore gives you quality depth at the 5 or 6 spots.

Yes Cooper can play slot no doubt, but I'd prefer him on the outside. And I can't agree here guy's on Moore. I'm hearing he is Trouble, very lazy, and his speed is straight ahead and he runs terrible routes. My Raider buddy told me he sucks and glad he's gone.

Go Jets...Cyborg

J

Jet Setter

Yes Cooper can play slot no doubt, but I'd prefer him on the outside. And I can't agree here guy's on Moore. I'm hearing he is Trouble, very lazy, and his speed is straight ahead and he runs terrible routes. My Raider buddy told me he sucks and glad he's gone.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Those same Raider fans were jumping for joy his first three seasons there with everyone declaring what a steal he was in the 5th round. And he has always been linked somehow with the Jets as Rex admitted he was on their radar in the draft.

This is another situation of a guy clashing with coaches over scheme or use not unlike Mike Wallace in Miami. Wallace has also had very good numbers but clashed (or dared to speak up) over his usage. Wallace, who has always been among the hardest workers is now being slammed by a few players. Take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt and don't ignore actual production. Look at his numbers. He can play and the Jets could certainly utilize his talent.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Those same Raider fans were jumping for joy his first three seasons there with everyone declaring what a steal he was in the 5th round. And he has always been linked somehow with the Jets as Rex admitted he was on their radar in the draft.

This is another situation of a guy clashing with coaches over scheme or use not unlike Mike Wallace in Miami. Wallace has also had very good numbers but clashed (or dared to speak up) over his usage. Wallace, who has always been among the hardest workers is now being slammed by a few players. Take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt and don't ignore actual production. Look at his numbers. He can play and the Jets could certainly utilize his talent.

And remember the Raider QB's were worse than the Jets up until last year with Carr.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

He probably signs an incentive based contract for close to league min and little to no gaurunteed money. I agree with Cy that there are risks with Moore, no doubt, that's why he's available for next to nothing. The kid has so much raw talent though...and with better NFL coaching could be a L. COLES type WR, IMO.

Like anyone starting a new job, as a promotion or as a lateral move, or as a step down, they deserve an opportunity to reinvent themselves, show growth from their previous experience, and move forward with their career. I see no harm in giving the kid a chance to win the punt and kick return duties and show coaches what he can do as a wr.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
And remember the Raider QB's were worse than the Jets up until last year with Carr.

If you watch the highlight films I posted, you'll see most of his highlights are with Pryor at QB. Also note that in Oakland he'd face #1 or #2 CBs. Here he'll face #3 or 4 CBS or safety or LBs as #1 and 2 CBs will be on Marshall and Decker.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Cowboys won't pay their RB who carried them last year with 1850 yards rushing 8 mill per, but will pay a girlfriend beater 13 mill a year to rush the QB...

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Dolphins considering Crabtree?
March, 18, 2015
MAR 18
2:15
PM ET
By Joe Kaiser | ESPN Insider
00COMMENTS3EMAILPRINT
In an effort to find a bigger target in their overhauled receiving corps, the Miami Dolphins are bringing in free agent receiver Michael Crabtree for a visit.
ESPN Insider Adam Schefter reports that Crabtree is visiting the Dolphins today, and explains why it shouldn't be a big surprise that Miami is interested in the 27-year-old former first-round pick.

"When Michael Crabtree came out in 2009, he was No. 1 player on Jets' board," Schefter tweeted. "Jets former GM Mike Tannenbaum now in MIA. Crabtree visiting.

If Crabtree signs with Miami, he would join recently acquired deep threat Kenny Stills and young slot receiver Jarvis Landry as the main options in the Dolphins' passing game.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
moore would be a nice addition, assuming it's a low-risk (to the team) contract. he's shown in flashes, he's much needed speed, and hopefully a change of scenery would do him good. he has some limited experience returning punts, so hopefully he could help their as well under april's tutelage.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
Per @ STEINY31 Lions OT Corey Hilliard making a visit to Jets. Injuries derailed his season the last 2 years, but good swing lineman

W

WilliesDad

If you watch the highlight films I posted, you'll see most of his highlights are with Pryor at QB. Also note that in Oakland he'd face #1 or #2 CBs. Here he'll face #3 or 4 CBS or safety or LBs as #1 and 2 CBs will be on Marshall and Decker.

That's a great point about the CB's.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
That's a great point about the CB's.

The Patriots have made a living off that. Revis and Cromartie will lock up teams #1 & 2 WRs, but when they were Jets before, how happy do you think Bill B was knowing his best WR, Welker, would face Kyle Wilson most of the time, even though we had revis and Cro?

NFL is about mismatches and exploiting opponents weaknesses. If Gaily can get Moore and Kerley on #3-4 Cbs on the depth charts, safeties, or best case, LBs, he'll exploit that unti safety help comes off Marshall and Decker and they are left 1:1, then attack that...he just needs a QB smart enough to find those match-ups in under 3 seconds...

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
moore would be a nice addition, assuming it's a low-risk (to the team) contract. he's shown in flashes, he's much needed speed, and hopefully a change of scenery would do him good. he has some limited experience returning punts, so hopefully he could help their as well under april's tutelage.

If Jets sign osi and Moore, I really think all signs point to us trading down and accumulating picks. We would have addressed WR, CB, OG, and situational pass rusher in free agency. That will give Mac flexibility to take BPA at #6 , or feel okay with moving down in the draft, whether it is a team at #17 or #20 like the Chargers or Eagles trying to move up for Mariota, or a smaller trade like back to ATL at #8 to lock up their desired pass rusher (think Cleveland trading with the Vikings last year to make sure they got their CB). I feel if Mac makes these two minor moves final, he'll have added the depth to move up or down the draft board and feel comfortable with his roster enough to make those moves. Will be interesting.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
can osi play OLB? i guess he would be a replacement for babin as a designated rusher

Eh, I think he would be a pass rusher in nickel and dime situations where we arent in a traditional 3-4 anyway. I dont think he plays much in our base defense.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
If Jets sign osi and Moore, I really think all signs point to us trading down and accumulating picks. We would have addressed WR, CB, OG, and situational pass rusher in free agency. That will give Mac flexibility to take BPA at #6 , or feel okay with moving down in the draft, whether it is a team at #17 or #20 like the Chargers or Eagles trying to move up for Mariota, or a smaller trade like back to ATL at #8 to lock up their desired pass rusher (think Cleveland trading with the Vikings last year to make sure they got their CB). I feel if Mac makes these two minor moves final, he'll have added the depth to move up or down the draft board and feel comfortable with his roster enough to make those moves. Will be interesting.

Mac is doing an awesome job of addressing all the team needs in some shape or form and setting them up for a draft trade..or just taking the highest rated player on their board at their pick..whenever that might be...

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
The Patriots have made a living off that. Revis and Cromartie will lock up teams #1 & 2 WRs, but when they were Jets before, how happy do you think Bill B was knowing his best WR, Welker, would face Kyle Wilson most of the time, even though we had revis and Cro?

NFL is about mismatches and exploiting opponents weaknesses. If Gaily can get Moore and Kerley on #3-4 Cbs on the depth charts, safeties, or best case, LBs, he'll exploit that unti safety help comes off Marshall and Decker and they are left 1:1, then attack that...he just needs a QB smart enough to find those match-ups in under 3 seconds...

You are totally right..I think in the NFL..no team can have one set "formula" to win..each week is a different animal to game plan for. Thats why as much as I hate to say it..Belichick is great..he exploits each teams individual matchups...against some teams they would do the aforementioned exploitation of the nickel back with Edelman ..other games they would know a team was horrible against run (COLTS) and have a rookie run for 200 yards..still others..he would exploit #2 CB's with Lafell This is where Rex was the worst..he was/is so thick headed he thinks (I guess arrogantly) that you can win in one way and never change or adjust game plans..

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
You are totally right..I think in the NFL..no team can have one set "formula" to win..each week is a different animal to game plan for. Thats why as much as I hate to say it..Belichick is great..he exploits each teams individual matchups...against some teams they would do the aforementioned exploitation of the nickel back with Edelman ..other games they would know a team was horrible against run (COLTS) and have a rookie run for 200 yards..still others..he would exploit #2 CB's with Lafell This is where Rex was the worst..he was/is so thick headed he thinks (I guess arrogantly) that you can win in one way and never change or adjust game plans..

the Pats also realized the weakest position in the NFL right now is safety...so where do they spend their entire focus on offense? TEs and slot WRs, because few teams have the safety depth to match up with those guys. Only the Ravens have had the horses to keep up with those matchups historically. You are right, the pats do the best job of looking across the league and remolding their team to fit the current state of the NFL landscape.