Around The NFL

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
C

CodieneWanKenobi

I hope we get someone better than Douglas. He's good as a number 3 but I think we are okay there with Kerley/harvin.
I'd agree that Kerley is better than Douglas. I'm surprised they haven't released any information on Harvin other than rumors on who might be interested.

C

CodieneWanKenobi

Update: Vince Young will attend Veteran combine. Coming out of retirement. Last time I saw him was as a Packer and he threw 3 TDs. Not too shabby. Competition for Geno and Matt Simms if you ask me. And also, why does everyone forget about Matt Simms? I prefer him over Geno any day.

C

CodieneWanKenobi

ef3b9a1716fac796ffb33b53d7d09d1c.jpg

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
B.J. Raji - DL - Packers
The Packers are expected to re-sign free agent NT B.J. Raji.
Raji missed the entire season due to biceps surgery, but the Packers want to keep him on another one-year deal. It could be a sign that Green Bay will let Letroy Guion test the open market. Raji is expected to be ready for training camp.
Source: Packer Report

Shane Vereen - RB - Patriots
Free agent RB Shane Vereen denied a report that he's seeking $5 million annually.
Rotoworld's No. 7 available running back, Vereen was never a realistic candidate to get $5 million on the open market. He should draw interest from multiple teams, but isn't going to break the bank. Vereen will likely settle for a deal in the range of three years and $10.5 million.

Sean Weatherspoon - LB - Falcons
Coach Dan Quinn confirmed the Falcons want to re-sign free agent LB Sean Weatherspoon.
"Definitely someone that we're talking to," Quinn said. "Just from watching our style of defense, it's fast and physical. And that's what Sean is. We're certainly hoping that he can be a big part of it moving forward." Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said earlier this month that the team plans to bring back Weatherspoon. Eight months removed from Achilles surgery, Weatherspoon should be open to returning on a team-friendly deal.

Vincent Jackson - WR - Buccaneers
Profootballtalk reports the Bucs have not asked Vincent Jackson to take a pay cut.
The Bucs are expected to keep Jackson despite his $12.2 million cap hit. Jackson turned 32 this offseason and managed just two touchdowns in 2014, but remains one of the league's better deep threats. Bucs GM Jason Licht said at the Combine that Jackson will "absolutely" return next season.

C

CodieneWanKenobi

Sean Weatherspoon is a beast. We could definitely use him. I like Vincent Jackson too but Im not expecting the Jets to pursue him.

C

CodieneWanKenobi

he is to old i would rather sign sam acho
I'm all for Sam Acho. Didn't know he was a FA. Id actually prefer him over Weatherspoon. He has history with Coach Bowles, plus he's a LONGHORN. Hook em all day.

U

ucrenegade

Sounds perfect. Affordable and talented. And a guy who's worked with Bowles. I'm hoping they sign him.

me to this is the guy I want most in FA you have sam acho, demario davis, and draft dupree and now you have increased you speed at LB ten times what it was last year.

Oh and did I mention they are all under 27 years of age and have decent contracts and won't need to resign any for a few years. So they can put the money elsewhere for the next two years.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics