The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/571326378601099264[/TWEET]

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Rex was never a good HC he was a good DC and an awful HC the love fans have for him baffles me.

I see what you did there. Even if I didn't like him, and there was a lot i didn't like about him, I still wouldnt say he was playing with a full deck of cards last season. Anyone who calls last year's roster fair to evaluate a head coach is bias. he had a complete buffoon making up the roster he had to use on Sundays...

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Rex was never a good HC he was a good DC and an awful HC the love fans have for him baffles me.
I think every head coach has their specialty or love for one side of the ball. Rex's downfall was that he took that to a new level and let his OC and special teams guy run mostly on their own and unobstructed. Can't do that as the head guy. His strength is players love him but his downfall is he has a pretty undisciplined team. With that said if he had Rodgers, Manning or Brady he probably could win a Super Bowl. He's not Kotite.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I think every head coach has their specialty or love for one side of the ball. Rex's downfall was that he took that to a new level and let his OC and special teams guy run mostly on their own and unobstructed. Can't do that as the head guy. His strength is players love him but his downfall is he has a pretty undisciplined team. With that said if he had Rodgers, Manning or Brady he probably could win a Super Bowl. He's not Kotite.

Agreed. I am shocked he didnt join Matt Ryan because of exactly what you said above.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/571326378601099264[/TWEET]

The Flippers have their eye's on Cooper or White after the Jets draft Mariota. I doubt either one will be there @ 14, would not be surprised to see them go DGB.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
The Flippers have their eye's on Cooper or White after the Jets draft Mariota. I doubt either one will be there @ 14, would not be surprised to see them go DGB.

Go Jets...Cyborg

I think the Panthers get beckham. I am really rooting for that combination to be honest. Id watch a lot of their games next year with Cam, Benjamin, Beckham, and Olsen...

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Ravens drop the axe on Chris Canty

Posted by Josh Alper on February 27, 2015, 11:31 AM EST
Bengals at Ravens
Getty Images
Add defensive end Chris Canty to the list of newly unemployed veterans around the league.

The Ravens announced Friday that they have released Canty, who joins wide receiver Jacoby Jones as newly minted members of the former Ravens club.

Canty missed time with wrist and ankle injuries in 2014 and finished the season with 33 tackles, a forced fumble and a half of a sack in 11 starts. It was Canty’s second year with the Ravens and the stop in Baltimore came after productive stints with the Giants and Cowboys in the first eight years of his NFL career.

Canty said at the end of the season that he wasn’t sure he’d return to the field for the 2015 season and coach John Harbaugh indicated earlier this week that the 32-year-old was still mulling over that decision. He was effective enough when he played last season that there’d likely be some interest in his services around the league, although it obviously takes two to tango.

The Ravens will save the $2.66 million in salary owed to Canty this season and they’re trying to save some more cash by getting Haloti Ngata to take a pay cut.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Falcons release Harry Douglas

Posted by Josh Alper on February 27, 2015, 10:14 AM EST
Atlanta Falcons v New Orleans Saints
Getty Images
The Falcons are no longer wild about Harry Douglas.

PFT has learned, via a league source, that the team has released the veteran wide receiver as they continue to get their house in order ahead of the start of the new league year. The move comes a day after the Falcons parted ways with running back Steven Jackson.

Douglas was set to make $3.5 million in the final year of the four-year contract he signed with the Falcons in 2012. None of that money was guaranteed, so the Falcons will be able to put it toward other uses this offseason.

Douglas battled injuries while playing in 12 games for the Falcons last season and finished the year with 51 catches for 556 yards and two touchdowns. He had 85 catches for 1,067 yards in 2013 as he stepped into a larger role with Julio Jones out of the lineup, but he’s been best suited for a complementary role on offense over the course of his career.

He’ll likely have a few teams interested in giving him a chance to fill one and Douglas is free to sign with them before other free agents flood the market on March 10.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I think the Panthers get beckham. I am really rooting for that combination to be honest. Id watch a lot of their games next year with Cam, Benjamin, Beckham, and Olsen...

They had to bitch slap owner Jerry Richardson & Gettleman GM last year to pick a WR with the 1st pick ! No way they go WR in the 1st round again.They were forced to go WR in last years draft, because of Steve Smiths mouth, and LaFell bolting in free agency They just cut Bell LT because he sucked replacing retired underrated Jordan Gross. They need a LT. Peat or Collins or Erving. They might go WR in the 2nd round.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
They had to bitch slap owner Jerry Richardson & Gettleman GM last year to pick a WR with the 1st pick ! No way they go WR in the 1st round again.They were forced to go WR in last years draft, because of Steve Smiths mouth, and LaFell bolting in free agency They just cut Bell LT because he sucked replacing retired underrated Jordan Gross. They need a LT. Peat or Collins or Erving. They might go WR in the 2nd round.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Well, I hope someone tricks them into drafting Beckham, because watching Cam throw to beckham and benjamin would be awesome, even for non-Panther fans.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Well, I hope someone tricks them into drafting Beckham, because watching Cam throw to beckham and benjamin would be awesome, even for non-Panther fans.

55, After the Hardy DE debacle last year, where Richardson had to pay a player $775,000 a game to sit 16 games for "legal domestic" issues, do you honestly think he'd pick DGB who pushing his girlfriend down a flight of stairs, and has been busted numerous times for smoking weed, and being kicked out of Missouri ? Dude, this is the Bible Belt of the south, and Richardson follows that path. Rae Carruth & Hardy won't happen again in Charlotte.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Washington cuts Barry Cofield after signing Ricky Jean Francois

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 27, 2015, 1:38 PM EST
Barry Cofield
AP
The rolls of free agents are becoming swollen with released veterans, with teams purging before they binge.

According to agent Mike McCartney, Washington has informed defensive tackle Barry Cofield of his release.

Cutting the 30-year-old Cofield will save Washington more than $4 million worth of cap room this year, in addition to the $4.55 million in base salary he was due this year.

After signing Ricky Jean Francois last night, Cofield became expendable, but should find work elsewhere.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Bengals release Robert Geathers, Greg Little

Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 27, 2015, 1:37 PM EST
Wild Card Playoffs - Cincinnati Bengals v Indianapolis Colts
Getty Images
The Bengals are letting go of a defensive stalwart who had been with the club for almost the entire Marvin Lewis era.

Defensive end Robert Geathers, an 11-season veteran, was released on Friday, the club announced.

The 31-year-old Geathers recorded 325 tackles and 34 sacks for Cincinnati, which drafted him in Round Four in 2004. Though a starter for most of his Bengals career, Geathers was a reserve a season ago, notching 21 tackles and a sack. He was set to make $2.85 million in salary in 2015, according to the NFL Players Association.

According to the Bengals, only Tim Krumrie and Eddie Edwards have played more games as defensive linemen for Cincinnati than Geathers, who made 152 regular-season appearances.

The Bengals also released veteran wideout Greg Little, who played six games with club in 2014, catching six passes for 69 yards. Little, 25, has caught 161 passes for 1,890 yards and eight touchdowns since entering the NFL with Cleveland in 2011.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Bears sign TE Zach Miller to one-year deal

Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 27, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
Zach Miller, Jason Phillips
AP
The Bears have struck a deal with tight end Zach Miller.

Chicago has signed Miller to a one-year contract, the team said Friday morning on Twitter. He was slated to become an unrestricted free agent. (The Bears have referred to Miller’s deal as an extension; however, per NFLPA records, Miller’s last listed year under contract was 2014.)

The 30-year-old Miller spent the 2014 regular season on injured reserve after suffering a foot injury in August. At the time of his injury, Miller was bidding to make the Bears, and he had just come off a six-catch, two-TD performance in Chicago’s preseason opener.

A Nebraska-Omaha product, Miller has caught 45 passes for 470 yards and four touchdowns in NFL regular-season play, all with Jacksonville (2009-2011).

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Agreed. I am shocked he didnt join Matt Ryan because of exactly what you said above.

He tried to, but they didn't want him. His agent said that the Falcons were going to bring him back for a second interview, but that turned out to be a lie. Thomas Dimitroff and Scott Pioli wanted nothing to do with Ryan.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
He tried to, but they didn't want him. His agent said that the Falcons were going to bring him back for a second interview, but that turned out to be a lie. Thomas Dimitroff and Scott Pioli wanted nothing to do with Ryan.

Quinn was my top pick of HCs for us, so they seemed to make a good decision. Bowles was my second favorite, so I think we made out okay...I'd rather have either than Ryan at this point; however, I do think the Bills will be the 2nd best team in the division this year under Ryan.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Quinn was my top pick of HCs for us, so they seemed to make a good decision. Bowles was my second favorite, so I think we made out okay...I'd rather have either than Ryan at this point; however, I do think the Bills will be the 2nd best team in the division this year under Ryan.

The Bills will resemble the Jets of 2009/2010 for a couple of seasons. When the coaching/discipline of the Marrone era erodes(like it did here with Mangini), the Bills will start to fall apart. Now, these Bills aren't as talented as those 2009/2010 Jets on offense(line & rb's especially), and Rex may be speeding up the erosion process by his signing of the bully and a washed up qb who helped lead the Bucs to the #1 pick in the draft. His choice of hiring Kromer after his debacle in Chicago raises eyebrows as well.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
The Bills will resemble the Jets of 2009/2010 for a couple of seasons. When the coaching/discipline of the Marrone era erodes(like it did here with Mangini), the Bills will start to fall apart. Now, these Bills aren't as talented as those 2009/2010 Jets on offense(line & rb's especially), and Rex may be speeding up the erosion process by his signing of the bully and a washed up qb who helped lead the Bucs to the #1 pick in the draft. His choice of hiring Kromer after his debacle in Chicago raises eyebrows as well.

Their defense is better than any year with us, IMO. They have pass rushers, something he never had here. Our LBs and the Bills Lbs are likely = when Alonso is back, and the secondary with Gillmore and McKelvin is pretty dang good (now Revis and Cro good, but the pas rush will be better for the Bills, so they dont have to be).

Young Sanchez vs old McCown, advantage McCown, our run game with TJ better those years, Woods & Watkins = better WRs for Bills. I think it will be similar to our first 2 years of Ryan, which will take them to second in the division. Wont be shocked if they sweep us and Miami and split with the pats.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Falcons release veteran guard Justin Blalock

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 27, 2015, 2:03 PM EST
Atlanta Falcons v Baltimore Ravens
Getty Images
The Falcons are in the midst of clearing cap space and re-tolling a roster, so the Steven Jackson cut was far from the last one.

The team just announced they had released veteran guard Justin Blalock.

Blalock, their 2007 second-rounder, had started 125 games for the Falcons.

But he was due $4.75 million this year, and might not have been a perfect fit as they transition to more of a zone blocking scheme under new offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.

The 6-foot-4, 326-pounder has been a durable player, missing just three games in eight seasons.

The Falcons have also cut Jackson and wide receiver Harry Douglas already, some significant changes for an offense that was the strength of the team the last few years.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Vikings release guard Charlie Johnson

Posted by Josh Alper on February 27, 2015, 2:04 PM EST
New York Jets v Minnesota Vikings
Getty Images
The Vikings had a guard named Charlie Johnson and a wide receiver who goes by Charles Johnson on their roster in 2014, but only one will remain on the roster in 2015.

The team announced Friday that they have released Charlie Johnson after four years with the team. Johnson was due to make a non-guaranteed $2.5 million in salary and bonuses next season.

Johnson started all 61 games he played for the team in that run, mostly at left guard although he did play left tackle during his first year with the team in 2011. His performance left room for improvement, but the Vikings couldn’t find a player to bump him out of the starting lineup. Now they’ll be forced to find someone else to hold down the position.

2014 fifth-round pick David Yankey is on the roster as a possibility, although the Vikings will likely look for help across the line this offseason after allowing 51 sacks last year.