Around The NFL

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Their defense is better than any year with us, IMO. They have pass rushers, something he never had here. Our LBs and the Bills Lbs are likely = when Alonso is back, and the secondary with Gillmore and McKelvin is pretty dang good (now Revis and Cro good, but the pas rush will be better for the Bills, so they dont have to be).

Young Sanchez vs old McCown, advantage McCown, our run game with TJ better those years, Woods & Watkins = better WRs for Bills. I think it will be similar to our first 2 years of Ryan, which will take them to second in the division. Wont be shocked if they sweep us and Miami and split with the pats.

I'll have to see their players perform up to our 2009 defensive standards to believe that. We were #1 overall and surrendered a ridiculously low number of passing td's. They don't have a Revis caliber cb to match our 2009 defense IMO. Not sure Hughes will be back either.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Mike Iupati - G - 49ers
Free agent OG Mike Iupati is expected to reach the open market.
Iupati's return to San Francisco "remains a possibility," per CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, but the 49ers appear willing to let the open market set Iupati's value. Iupati heads a free agent interior offensive line class that includes Orlando Franklin, Rodney Hudson, Stefen Wisniewski, and Clint Boling.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'll have to see their players perform up to our 2009 defensive standards to believe that. We were #1 overall and surrendered a ridiculously low number of passing td's. They don't have a Revis caliber cb to match our 2009 defense IMO. Not sure Hughes will be back either.

Oh, Im hoping Hughes and Spiller are with Ryan's old team in 2015 :smiley-violent006:

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This is where I expect Iupati to sign:

Mike Iupati - G - 49ers
NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini reports the Redskins have "strong interest" in free agent OG Mike Iupati.
Coach Jay Gruden has been transitioning away from smaller, athletic zone linemen to large power blockers for the last year and a half. Iupati is a 6-foot-5, 330-pound road grader whom new Redskins GM Scot McCloughan drafted in San Francisco. Iupati would be a natural fit in D.C. Per Russini, the Redskins can expect competition for Iupati's services from the Buccaneers.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Darnell Dockett - DL - Cardinals
NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini reports the Cardinals will release DE Darnell Dockett.
Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter Feb 27 - 4:02 PM

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 11m11 minutes ago

Speaking of veterans, #Colts WR Reggie Wayne had triceps surgery and is now rehabbing as he mulls whether to play in 2015. Colts wait, too.

Beat me.

Reggie Wayne - WR - Colts
Free agent Reggie Wayne recently underwent triceps surgery and is mulling whether to play or retire.
36 years old and having lost his effectiveness, Wayne would command no more than minimum-salary offers if he did decide to play one more season. He tore his ACL in 2013 and his triceps in 2014. The Colts would be better off moving forward with Donte Moncrief as the "X" receiver to T.Y. Hilton's Z.

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Dockett is an interesting option for the Jets. Not a need position but his familiarity with Bowles might make him an option

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Off the subject, but does anyone know any Ram fans in St. Louis ? I'm curious how they feel about their owner wanting to move them to the West coast in Los Angeles ? What incentive do fans have to go see the Rams next year if the owner is moving them ? And we bitch & complain about Geno, Rex & Idzik. The Jet boards would be going nuts if Woody ever threatened to move us, and please don't include across the river !

Go Jets...Cyborg

C

CodieneWanKenobi

Just an FYI, Harry Douglas is a FA and excelled when Roddy and Julio went down for the Falcons. And also Justin Blalock is available from the Falcons too. A pretty good Guard. He could stir up some competition on the line.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Just an FYI, Harry Douglas is a FA and excelled when Roddy and Julio went down for the Falcons. And also Justin Blalock is available from the Falcons too. A pretty good Guard. He could stir up some competition on the line.

I hope we get someone better than Douglas. He's good as a number 3 but I think we are okay there with Kerley/harvin.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Josh meets with Coach Ryan to get a feel for his interest in and extensive knowledge of offensive football

Thank god he signed with Browns. I don't want the jets toying with that idea.