Around The NFL

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

YfO2iZ6z_normal.jpeg
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 41m 41 minutes ago Will join @JaysonBraddock as saying CB Byron Maxwell to the Eagles seems like a done deal at $50m+ over 5 with $25m in guarantees.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Let me first say that I don't personally want Revis to come back here. I don't like the way he treated this organization, or how he allows his uncle and agents to lead him by the nose and create acrimony between himself and the team. However, on the field, there is no questioning his abilities. He can take away a team's #1 wr. All other cb's on the market(except Jackson who just reupped with the Texans) are #2 cb's with their current teams looking to be paid as #1 cb's. It's a projection that will cost millions, and the odds are that they won't live up to their contracts. I'd rather pay Revis $16 mil than pay Maxwell $10+ mil because I know exactly what I'm getting. Revis could also move to safety during the latter part of his deal similar to what Charles Woodson did in Green Bay if he had to. I'm not sure that I could put my personal bias against Revis aside to make a deal, but maybe the Jets can. I still think Revis stays with the Pats after getting us to drive up his price. I'd like to see us sign Culliver and House. If we can only get one of the two, I'd offer Cro a 2 year deal with no guaranteed money after this year.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
lW31qU_D_normal.jpeg
Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 1h 1 hour ago Jets hoping to sign a free-agent safety. KC's Ron Parker is a name to watch. #nyj

Parker was mentioned earlier in the offseason as a player on the rise and an under the radar free agent.

J

Jet Setter

I hope the Jets don't place all their eggs in one basket regarding the CB position as last year. When the Vontae Davis deal didn't go down, no one else was really chased other than a meager visit from DRC. While they go hard after Revis (allegedly), guys are flying off the board like last year and we had to settle for Patterson.

My guy is Culliver for this team and I'm hopeful he's still in play for the Jets but I think in the end, the Jets are going to outbid the Patriots for Revis.

J

Jet Setter

Let me first say that I don't personally want Revis to come back here. I don't like the way he treated this organization, or how he allows his uncle and agents to lead him by the nose and create acrimony between himself and the team. However, on the field, there is no questioning his abilities. He can take away a team's [URL=http://nyjetsfanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] wr. All other cb's on the market(except Jackson who just reupped with the Texans) are #2 cb's with their current teams looking to be paid as [URL=http://nyjetsfanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] cb's. It's a projection that will cost millions, and the odds are that they won't live up to their contracts. I'd rather pay Revis $16 mil than pay Maxwell $10+ mil because I know exactly what I'm getting. Revis could also move to safety during the latter part of his deal similar to what Charles Woodson did in Green Bay if he had to. I'm not sure that I could put my personal bias against Revis aside to make a deal, but maybe the Jets can. I still think Revis stays with the Pats after getting us to drive up his price. I'd like to see us sign Culliver and House. If we can only get one of the two, I'd offer Cro a 2 year deal with no guaranteed money after this year.

I think the fans would get back on board if he returned. I think Woody is finally over the personal insult which should never have crept in to begin with. Woody needs to be bigger than that. It's business.

I could get behind Cro on a 1-year deal opposite a #1 CB FA such as Culliver. I wouldn't want to rely on Cro, however.

With all these other CB's being signed, the showdown for Revis has bigger implications with the loser settling for scraps on the market. Number one CB's are going fast.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
YfO2iZ6z_normal.jpeg
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 41m 41 minutes ago Will join @JaysonBraddock as saying CB Byron Maxwell to the Eagles seems like a done deal at $50m+ over 5 with $25m in guarantees.

that's a heck of a lot of money for a guy that's never been a #1 CB, who played alongside a top CB and perhaps the best safety tandem in the league, and who is really only a 1 year starter.

i would have been interested in him, but not at that price. i know we have to spend the money, but it doesn't mean to throw crazy money out there

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I hope the Jets don't place all their eggs in one basket regarding the CB position as last year. When the Vontae Davis deal didn't go down, no one else was really chased other than a meager visit from DRC. While they go hard after Revis (allegedly), guys are flying off the board like last year and we had to settle for Patterson.

My guy is Culliver for this team and I'm hopeful he's still in play for the Jets but I think in the end, the Jets are going to outbid the Patriots for Revis.

There's a big difference between the scenarios. This year, the cb's are coming off the board before free agency begins by resigning with their own teams. The Jets have no control over that. I'd be happy with Culliver as well.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OK then... RT <a href="https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson">@JosinaAnderson</a>: I just got off the phone with CB Byron Maxwell. Maxwell told me directly, "I'm going to Philly." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a></p>— Kimberley A. Martin (@KMart_LI) <a href="https://twitter.com/KMart_LI/status/574674459841404928">March 8, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
There's a big difference between the scenarios. This year, the cb's are coming off the board before free agency begins by resigning with their own teams. The Jets have no control over that. I'd be happy with Culliver as well.

might have to settle for Williams and Cro.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Frank Gore most likely will be an Eagle

Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
Gore
Getty Images
The Frank Gore era in San Francisco is about to come to an end. And there definitely was one.

Ten seasons, 11,073 rushing yards. Another 2,883 yards receiving.

A league source tells PFT that, barring something unforeseen, Gore will sign with the Eagles. The contract is expected to pay $7.5 million guaranteed over the first two years.

Adam Caplan and Adam Schefter of ESPN recently reported that Gore is telling people he’ll sign with the Eagles this week.

Gore will give Eagles coach Chip Kelly the north-south, hole-hitting runner the Philly offense needs. And it will require the 49ers to find a replacement.

Again, it’s not a done deal. And “something unforeseen” could happen, such as another team swooping in with a much better deal.

Don’t count on that team being the 49ers. Another source tells PFT that the 49ers never intended to bring Gore back for an 11th season, but that they didn’t want an ugly ending with one of their cornerstone players of the last decade.

The Colts also are reportedly interested in Gore.

Regardless of whether Gore signs with the Eagles or someone else, “something unforeseen” has indeed happened; the running back market has been revived from its recent flatline status.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Rich Cimini retweeted Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 6h 6 hours ago
As mentioned last night, Hoyer has two teams interested in him for opportunity to start: #Texans and #Jets. Others would be for backup role.

lW31qU_D_normal.jpeg
Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 5h 5 hours ago
Interesting game of QB musical chairs could develop between Jets, Texans and Hoyer (UFA), Mallett (UFA) and Fitzpatrick. #nyj

i'm sure the team has a pecking order, but i'll feel much better about the QB position if we add any of the 3 to compete with geno and a rookie (either mariota or a later pick).

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Report: Raiders making strong push for Rodney Hudson

Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2015, 4:36 PM EDT
Seattle Seahawks v Kansas City Chiefs
Getty Images
The Raiders were thought to have their sights on making plays for wide receiver Randall Cobb and defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh in free agency, but Cobb isn’t leaving Green Bay and Suh appears set to sign with the Dolphins on Tuesday.

With ample cap space and needs all over the roster, that means the Raiders will be looking elsewhere. Defensive tackle Terrance Knighton is on the radar and Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports reports center Rondey Hudson is right there with him.

Garafolo reports that the Raiders are making a “strong push” for Hudson as they try not to “whiff” in the first stage of free agency, although he adds that the Chiefs are not out of the running to retain their 2011 second-round pick and two-year starter.

Hudson played well in both of those seasons and the Raiders got four close looks at him, so it’s not too surprising that they’re looking at him as an upgrade to their blocking unit. Stefan Wisniewski, who started for Oakland at center in 2014, is a free agent and would presumably move on if they land Hudson.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
49ers look like “frontrunner” for Torrey Smith

Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2015, 3:19 PM EDT
Divisional Playoffs - Baltimore Ravens v New England Patriots
Getty Images
The 49ers reportedly think that they’re going to lose running back Frank Gore as a free agent, but it looks like their efforts involving wide receiver Torrey Smith are going better.

Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that the team that there’s mutual interest in getting deal done and that the 49ers are considered the “frontrunner” to sign Smith. Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Colts and Texans have also shown interest, but that the feeling is that the two sides will agree on a contract unless Smith’s price tag skyrockets in the next two days.

The Ravens hinted at Smith’s departure when owner Steve Bisciotti cited Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace’s big contract as the kind of thing the team wanted to avoid and that they’d have to “take it on the chin” if the market proved robust for the wideout.

A move to the 49ers would reunite Smith with his former Ravens teammate Anquan Boldin and likely close the door on any chance of impending free agent Michael Crabtree remaining with the team.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Frank Gore - RB - 49ers
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Frank Gore's deal with the Eagles will be for three years, and include $7.5 million guaranteed across the first two.
Related: Eagles

Jeremy Maclin - WR - Eagles
According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, the Eagles continue to make a push to retain free agent WR Jeremy Maclin.
The Eagles are playing with fire here as they only have Jordan Matthews, Riley Cooper and Josh Huff behind Maclin. Still, we'd expect a deal to get done. Chip Kelly remains flush with cap space despite the Byron Maxwell/Frank Gore agreements, and Maclin knows he can flourish as a No. 1 wideout in this scheme.

Devin McCourty - DB - Patriots
The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans have "reached out" to free agent FS Devin McCourty.
The Titans wouldn't normally be in the discussion for McCourty, but offer Devin the opportunity to play alongside his brother, Jason. It's still an unlikely pairing. The Titans are miles from contention, and Devin appears poised to draw myriad huge offers elsewhere.
Related: Titans

DeMarco Murray - RB - Cowboys
Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Jaguars "could push hard" to push free agent DeMarco Murray out of the Cowboys' price range.
Robinson reports the Jags are seeking a "centerpiece" back. Jax is awash in cap space, and would win a bidding war with Dallas if Murray pursues top dollar.
Related: Jaguars

Brian Orakpo - LB - Redskins
The Cardinals reportedly have interest in free agent OLB Brian Orakpo.
Anyone in search of an edge defender should be interested in Orakpo. Although he's had recurring pectoral issues, he's right there with Jerry Hughes and Pernell McPhee in terms of available talent at the position. Expect a lot of bidding to go down over the next week on Orakpo, who had 40 sacks in 71 games for the Redskins and is still 28 years old.
Related: Cardinals
Source: Mike Jurecki on Twitt