Around The NFL

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
When we sign hoyer for 20 mill per year, we will meet out 89 percent.
That would be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth.

We're gonna be over-spending on mediocre talent, mark it down.

I don't mind over-spending on guys like Suh, Julius Thomas and even Revis, heck even DeMarco Murray, but if we start over-spending on the Hoyer's, Boling's and Antonio Cromartie's of the world, this free agency will be another disaster.

F

flgreen

Clearly, the Jets are expecting Smith to have a break out season, and saving the $ to give him that $100,000,000 contract next year

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The jets tendered RFA Damon Harris (2nd round) and Jaiquawn Jarrett (original)

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For Harrison, the second-round tender is $2.356M. Would've cost them $3.352M for a first-round tender. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nyj?src=hash">#nyj</a></p>— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) <a href="https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/575078035629608960">March 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Well 2 players that you were crazy about in their draft years could be available.. Reggie Bush and Johnny Football...LOL
Of course don't bother to point out the ones I was right about when I was spinning against the grain, like Vince Young who every Jets fan wanted us to draft or trade up for.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For Harrison, the second-round tender is $2.356M. Would've cost them $3.352M for a first-round tender. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nyj?src=hash">#nyj</a></p>— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) <a href="https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/575078035629608960">March 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

not sure why they didn't give him the 1st round tender. disagree with that call. hope it doesn't come back to haunt us

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I love free agency, and I hate it. I haven't been able to put my phone down for more than 10 mins today without checking the breaking news.

I have a problem. :smiley-toilet05:

lounap23

Legend
Jet Fanatics
not sure why they didn't give him the 1st round tender. disagree with that call. hope it doesn't come back to haunt us

We will match any offer that isn't outrageous.... With that said it should have been a 1st rd Tender...

F

flgreen

I don't pretend to have a clue what is going on here, but there is one common denominator between last years fiasco, and what is going on now. Rod Graves, who happens to be in charge of our cap, and was Idzik's go to guy.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I don't pretend to have a clue what is going on here, but there is one common denominator between last years fiasco, and what is going on now. Rod Graves, who happens to be in charge of our cap, and was Idzik's go to guy.
Does Rod Graves know we are mandated to spend our cap space this year, because I'm not seeing any sense of urgency here. But let me say one thing in Mac's behalf, I'm confident he will draft way better than Idzik, so in no way do I see the two as comparable incompetent boobs, I just wish free agency was going a little better for us thus far.

Is that really such a bad thing?

F

flgreen

Does Rod Graves know we are mandated to spend our cap space this year, because I'm not seeing any sense of urgency here. But let me say one thing in Mac's behalf, I'm confident he will draft way better than Idzik, so in no way do I see the two as comparable incompetent boobs, I just wish free agency was going a little better for us thus far.

Is that really such a bad thing?

They actually have one more year left in the 4 year window to spend the money.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
A 2nd round pick for a border line Pro Bowl NT? WOW. Those guys are very difficult to come by. It isn't even worth a 1st round pick

Not sure but maybe we are switching up schemes with Bowles, Snack is one dimensional. I'm just playing devils advocate, trying to see through a different lens. If we lose Snacks, I'll be pretty upset but it's not the end of the world.

Like Ham said, we'll find out more about their plan after tomorrow.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
A 2nd round pick for a border line Pro Bowl NT? WOW. Those guys are very difficult to come by. It isn't even worth a 1st round pick
I agree, for a little over 3 million the first round tender was a no brainer with our cap space.

Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us.

F

flgreen

Are you sure about that, FLG, because everything I heard all year is that this off season they are mandated to spend.

"The summary of the final deal that we obtained on Monday confirms that, indeed, the “minimum team cash spend” applies on a four-year basis from 2013 through 2016, and from 2017 through 2020. No minimum per-team expenditure applies for 2011 and 2012."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/per-team-spending-minimum-doesnt-apply-until-2013/