Around The NFL

U

ucrenegade

Deb retweeted
Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 1m1 minute ago

Re-signing Bilal was a top priority for #Jets . When Bowles was hired, Powell was one of the 1st players he called to introduce himself to

sounds like this regime will actually use him

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Nick Johnson retweeted
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 3m3 minutes ago

Powell was contemplating a Rex Ryan reunion in Buffalo, but chose to stay with the Jets. Chan Gailey will have an Ivory-Powell tandem #nyj

i like powell, but part of me was hoping for a more dynamic RB. i'm guessing this takes them out of the running for FA RBs like spiller or vereen. if so, hopefully they will draft one in this deep RB class.

U

ucrenegade

Dan Leberfeld retweeted
Kevin Cooper ‏@kevincooper44 2h2 hours ago

Good morning Twitter, the @R_Fitzpatrick14 account is fake. Not really Fitz, he informed me this morning. We're working to get it removed.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 25s25 seconds ago

A source confirms Jets expected to re-sign Bilal Powell, as @MMehtaNYDN noted. Was their primary RB target. No interest in Spiller. #nyj
The last part of that post is interesting. No interest in Spiller. So all the speculation about how interested they were in him was wrong.

U

ucrenegade

why does everyone forget we still have daryl richardson for one more year he played decent during pre-season last year and when he was on the rams.

U

ucrenegade

Jim retweeted
カイル ‏@FlightBoyXII 32m32 minutes ago

Wow, the Jets haven't even reached out to Cro? Interesting. Sounds like they're trying to stay young. Smart.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
i like powell, but part of me was hoping for a more dynamic RB. i'm guessing this takes them out of the running for FA RBs like spiller or vereen. if so, hopefully they will draft one in this deep RB class.

Couldn't agree more. I could really see Duke Johnson the target with his ability to catch passes out of the backfield. VERY similar player to Spiller except Duke isn't afraid to stick his nose in there. He likes to play football and won't shy from contact in pass pro.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
ESPN's Adam Schefter and Adam Caplan

report free agent Brian Hoyer will indeed sign with the Texans.
Hoyer had a last-minute flirtation with the Jets, but his best option for playing time was in a system he already knows under Bill O'Brien in Houston, where Hoyer will only have to beat out Ryan Mallett and Tom Savage to start.

F

flgreen

Rich Cimini 2m
Like the Bilal Powell move. Under-rated player. Never fumbles. Good in pass pro. Dependable. But where's the speed on offense? #nyj
Beat Writer / Columnist

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
why does everyone forget we still have daryl richardson for one more year he played decent during pre-season last year and when he was on the rams.

He was good actually..but very alarming..with all the injuries and suspensions last year to all RB's he wasnt picked up..between Minny, Balt, a slew of other teams

J

Jet Setter

ESPN's Adam Schefter and Adam Caplan

report free agent Brian Hoyer will indeed sign with the Texans.
Hoyer had a last-minute flirtation with the Jets, but his best option for playing time was in a system he already knows under Bill O'Brien in Houston, where Hoyer will only have to beat out Ryan Mallett and Tom Savage to start.

Well, he only had Geno to beat out here.