Around The NFL

J

Jet Setter

Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes 10s11 seconds ago

Stevie Johnson, who was just released by 49ers, avg 79 rec, 1,041 yards, 8 TD under #Jets OC Chan Gailey. 24-236-2 TD avg away from him.

I would hope the Jets keep an eye on him. I suppose he is looking to start somewhere but if there are no takers, we should try to scoop him up for quality depth. Might be hoping for too much.

U

ucrenegade

I would hope the Jets keep an eye on him. I suppose he is looking to start somewhere but if there are no takers, we should try to scoop him up for quality depth. Might be hoping for too much.

I said this over a week ago.

U

ucrenegade

Hans retweeted
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 52s53 seconds ago

#Jaguars set to add another big-time FA: Ascending former #Packers CB Davon House is set join them at $6.25M per year

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes 10s11 seconds ago

Stevie Johnson, who was just released by 49ers, avg 79 rec, 1,041 yards, 8 TD under #Jets OC Chan Gailey. 24-236-2 TD avg away from him.

meh...he seems washed up at this point.

we have marshall, decker and kerley. rather go with them, plus some young guys either already (evans, enumwa, owusu) on the roster or draft picks this year

U

ucrenegade

meh...he seems washed up at this point.

we have marshall, decker and kerley. rather go with them, plus some young guys either already (evans, enumwa, owusu) on the roster or draft picks this year

he is only 28 he didn't fit the 49ers offense.

U

ucrenegade

sounds basically like revis is holding the jets hostage again.......wouldn't be surprised if he has a handshake deal in place with pats and won't announce it till 3:59 pm meanwhile the jets are losing players like house, williams, and many more.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
CB Davon House goes to the Jags per Ian Rappaport
The CB FA class is being whittled down and still not a signing. Sounds like we are throwing all our eggs in the Revis, Culliver and Cromartie bucket. We really needed two guys.

If you take the last two years it seems like we are allergic to signing a CB (other than Paterson).

U

ucrenegade

Erik from @JetsTwit retweeted
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 2m2 minutes ago

Source: Bilal Powell has agreed to terms with a new deal with the Jets. .#nyj

U

ucrenegade

Nick Johnson retweeted
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 3m3 minutes ago

Powell was contemplating a Rex Ryan reunion in Buffalo, but chose to stay with the Jets. Chan Gailey will have an Ivory-Powell tandem #nyj

J

Jet Setter

The CB FA class is being whittled down and still not a signing. Sounds like we are throwing all our eggs in the Revis, Culliver and Cromartie bucket. We really needed two guys.

If you take the last two years it seems like we are allergic to signing a CB (other than Paterson).

I don't know about two. One for certain and maybe another on a 1-year deal for insurance. I don't think they were targeting House. He's a bit unproven and not your prototypical #1 .

I'm sure we'll all breathe easier once one is signed.

J

Jet Setter

Nick Johnson retweeted
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 3m3 minutes ago

Powell was contemplating a Rex Ryan reunion in Buffalo, but chose to stay with the Jets. Chan Gailey will have an Ivory-Powell tandem #nyj

Great news! Good job, Mike.

U

ucrenegade

Erik from @JetsTwit retweeted
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 2m2 minutes ago

Source: Bilal Powell has agreed to terms with a new deal with the Jets. .#nyj

this could help in future fa's it is showing mac and bowles take care of their own.

U

ucrenegade

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 25s25 seconds ago

A source confirms Jets expected to re-sign Bilal Powell, as @MMehtaNYDN noted. Was their primary RB target. No interest in Spiller. #nyj