Around The NFL

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
i'm not taking anything personal. i didn't mean to say you were being some tough guy. i meant more that it's not realistic to think that strong-arm tactics would work. it's easy to say you would do such and such from the comfort of your home when your neck isn't on the line and you aren't actually responsible for the team. but when it's your job and responsibility, i don't think putting such ultimatums on a player would work. especially a player like revis
How do you know we didn't put a deadline on the offer?

We may never know, but I'm betting we gave him a certain time limit to make a decision, cause at some point we had to move on before all of our alternatives were gone. Don't you think thats possible, perhaps even probable?

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
How do you know we didn't put a deadline on the offer?

We may never know, but I'm betting we gave him a certain time limit to make a decision, cause at some point we had to move on before all of our alternatives were gone. Don't you think thats possible, perhaps even probable?

i guess it's possible, although i doubt strong arm tactics would work with revis unless we completely blew other offers out of the water.

in any event, it's all good. we got the player

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
i guess it's possible, although i doubt strong arm tactics would work with revis unless we completely blew other offers out of the water.

in any event, it's all good. we got the player
There you go brother, its all good now, we're all happier tonight :)

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
i didnt see anyone post that. Did someone actually say that today?

Also confused how 5 hours into free agency is patience...

Not today but [MENTION=559]Mainejet[/MENTION] said that like a week ago lmao, before the "legal tampering" period began.

I think this move should settle him a bit.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This sets us up to take the BPA at #6 , and hopefully it is an elite edge rusher. :hijacked:

I put my vcash on the line for Fowler! This is way before we traded for Marshall and signed Revis. Looks like the chips are falling we take a pass rusher. Kind of hoping we somehow go after Orapko. Does anyone know if he fits the scheme we will run on defense?

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Not today but [MENTION=559]Mainejet[/MENTION] said that like a week ago lmao, before the "legal tampering" period began.

I think this move should settle him a bit.

...yeah, I didnt see anyone complaining and was surprised to find it implied. Well, not really surprised.

Well, the safety is also in town tonight, right? The carpenter deal still seems to be in negotiations also unless someone posted an update...

Done:

Skrine CB
Revis CB

In the oven:
Gilchrist S
Carpenter OG

...also seems the Jets are looking at RBs and a back up dlinemen

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Now lets get Gilchrist to play FS and finish the secondary.

CB Darrelle Revis
SS Calvin Pryor
FS Marcus Gilchrist
CB Dee Milliner

Nickel: Brian Skrine
Dime: Dexter McDougle

If Milliner spits the bit, give McDougle a shot. Next man up, Marcus Williams.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Orakpo is a solid player. Unfortunately, he thinks he is a star.

Well, I live in DC and watch too many of these guy's games...dude is a complete OLB, but like a young Pace. He'll be an 8-10 sack a year guy that sets the edge perfectly. He isn't flashy, but more than solid (better than Coples for sure).

Also, the guy has 40 sacks in 71 career games, that's 1 sack every 1.75 games...not exactly a slouch but not Justin Houston or even Kerrigan, who is a STUD and too underrated because his team sucks. Orakpo is a very, very good player...but not an all pro.

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I'll agree with that assessment. He is solid plus - but he's no kerrigan - no superstar.

I should say that I fear he wants superstar money.....but he is solid plus.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I'll agree with that assessment. He is solid plus - but he's no kerrigan - no superstar.

I should say that I fear he wants superstar money.....but he is solid plus.
If the Jets don't sign an edge rusher, I think its a clear sign that they love the elite edge rushers in this class and feel like they're gonna get one at 6, unless Mariota falls them there, then its a tougher choice, but I also think the trade for Marshall, to some degree, says the Jets like the edge rushers at the top of the board better than the WR's. I'm not sure about that because I love White and Cooper, but I can see liking the edge rushers more because it is a terrific crop.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Seems like Orakpo is trying to get a bidding war underway between Titans and ATL anyway from what Im reading...I havent seen him linked to us. It would be a huge signing if we landed him. Very sound and disciplined player that likely gets you 10 sacks a year. I think he'll get $10 mill some place though and we wont be in the running. If he signs with Titans, Worilds becomes available, right? Havent seen him linked anywhere but the Titans but havent seen him signed anywhere yet.

J

Jet Setter

Well, I live in DC and watch too many of these guy's games...dude is a complete OLB, but like a young Pace. He'll be an 8-10 sack a year guy that sets the edge perfectly. He isn't flashy, but more than solid (better than Coples for sure).

Also, the guy has 40 sacks in 71 career games, that's 1 sack every 1.75 games...not exactly a slouch but not Justin Houston or even Kerrigan, who is a STUD and too underrated because his team sucks. Orakpo is a very, very good player...but not an all pro.

He's a perennial IR casualty.
Time to draft our own after a decade of pass rushing futility.