Around The NFL

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
He's a perennial IR casualty.
Time to draft our own after a decade of pass rushing futility.
I think for sure we're drafting an edge rusher at 6, unless Mariota falls, then it depends on how much they like Mariota. If they think he's a potential franchise QB, its impossible to pass. The rule in the draft is that you never pass on a franchise QB unless you already have one. But that aside, I think they are 100% zeroed in on the edge rushers.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
He's a perennial IR casualty.
Time to draft our own after a decade of pass rushing futility.

Yeah, I can see from the outside in how people could say that, but actually watching their games, that's not true. His first 3 years he only missed 1 game. Then in 2012 he tore his pec, 2013 played all season, last year mid year tore the same pec.

So 4 out of 6 years he's played all season...but he does have a right pec issue that flared up last year. I think his injuries arent as severe as his 2 times on IR would make it appear...

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I think for sure we're drafting an edge rusher at 6, unless Mariota falls, then it depends on how much they like Mariota. If they think he's a potential franchise QB, its impossible to pass. The rule in the draft is that you never pass on a franchise QB unless you already have one. But that aside, I think they are 100% zeroed in on the edge rushers.

i think so too, but Im hoping to be pleasantly surprised with White if he falls...but Im also hoping for a trade down. I like Dupree, Wayne, Collins, or Beasely if we move back.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
i didnt see anyone post that. Did someone actually say that today?

Also confused how 5 hours into free agency is patience...

You were gone for awhile. Yes, a few people felt the Jets weren't doing anything, and seemed to be convinced that we were idiots for dragging our feet while everyone else was stealing all the toys.

Just the usual paranoia.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
You were gone for awhile. Yes, a few people felt the Jets weren't doing anything, and seemed to be convinced that we were idiots for dragging our feet while everyone else was stealing all the toys.

Just the usual paranoia.

Yeah, I would agree that's not fair.

Jets were the name tied to Revis the entire time, and reports of the Jets in talks with Iupati, Franklin, Carpenter, Parker, Gilchrist, Culliver, Skrine, Helu, and of course, Revis (behind the scenes)...I dont think there was a shortage of rumors linking us to players, IMO.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
the suh contract, when it gets finalized, will supposedly have $60 million fully guaranteed over the 1st 3 years.

i hope revis doesn't hold out now... :smiley-violent006:

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
we just spent $95 million on 2 CBs today and have a 2013 1st rounder and a 2014 3rd rounder on the roster.

do you really think taking a CB at 6 is a good use of resources?

So what you are saying is Sheldon Richardson was a wasted pick!

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
DeMarco Murray - RB - Free Agent
ESPN's Adam Caplan reports the Raiders remain interested in free agent DeMarco Murray despite signing Roy Helu.
Helu is a role player. Murray is a feature back, one whose acquisition by the Raiders would throw a devastating wrench into the 2015 fantasy outlook of Latavius Murray. It's also possible the DeMarco interest is agent-driven, intended to drive up his price tag in talks with the Cowboys and Jaguars. (Or at least, that's what Dynasty owners of Latavius should be hoping.)
Related: Raiders

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Milliner and McDougle are injury prone. Both were injury liabilities in college. You really expect them to contribute? Even our Medical staff rejected taking Milliner, but Idzik thought differently.

TurboJet

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Now lets get Gilchrist to play FS and finish the secondary.

CB Darrelle Revis
SS Calvin Pryor
FS Marcus Gilchrist
CB Dee Milliner

Nickel: Brian Skrine
Dime: Dexter McDougle

If Milliner spits the bit, give McDougle a shot. Next man up, Marcus Williams.

I would be very excited if that was our starting Secondary next year.
Would be a huuuuuge upgrade over what we had out there last year.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I would be very excited if that was our starting Secondary next year.
Would be a huuuuuge upgrade over what we had out there last year.
No doubt, and the #3 Safety would be Antonio Allen who now has some experience at CB, Nickel and Dime too, so its more quality depth in the secondary, but Gilchrist would be a nice final piece to the puzzle, then draft an elite edge rusher at #6 and we should be a TOP 5 defense again.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
3 concussions the last couple years has brought price down I'd bet...but he'll be a nice addition for someone. Kind of surprised Steelers didnt look to steal him.

Jordan Cameron - TE - Browns
Free agent Jordan Cameron will visit the Dolphins on Wednesday.
It didn't seem like the Fins would need a backup plan at tight end after slapping Charles Clay with the transition tag. Of course, that was before the Bills threw Miami a curve ball by bringing Clay in for a visit. Cameron is one of the league's premier receiving tight ends, but teams seems to be shying away from him because of his history with concussions (three in the last two seasons). The Browns and Raiders are also keeping tabs on Cameron.
Related: Dolphins
Source: Miami Herald

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I think Antonio Allen has proven he should be a starter not a number 3.

Gilchrist is being signed to start at SS, IMO, which means #2 comes down to Pryor and Allen. Im not saying Allen wont win, but wouldnt be surprised if Pryor starts week 1, right?

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I think Antonio Allen has proven he should be a starter not a number 3.
You could be right, I'm a fan of his at Safety, I thought he had a real bright future there, its too bad he's so similar to Pryor in that they are both SS types, but I'm fine with it if we decide to start Pryor and Allen together.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Gilchrist is being signed to start at SS, IMO, which means #2 comes down to Pryor and Allen. Im not saying Allen wont win, but wouldnt be surprised if Pryor starts week 1, right?
Why do you think Gilchrist is a SS?

He's a converted Corner who runs in the 4.4's, I would think his more natural switch is to FS, no?