Around The NFL

TurboJet

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
I think Antonio Allen has proven he should be a starter not a number 3.

I'm fine with either Allen or Pryor earning the starting spot.
Let them battle it out in training camp and let the coaching staff decide who should start based on perfomance.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Why do you think Gilchrist is a SS?

He's a converted Corner who runs in the 4.4's, I would think his more natural switch is to FS, no?

read this: http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/10085/chargers-free-agent-report-marcus-gilchrist

Read this article on him. Wow, you may be right. Everything I read previously just had him listed at SS, but maybe because of the way weddle plays a true free safety. Weddle is a true centerfielder, we can probably agree with that if you've seen many Charger games. But if you read his bio, he flip-flops safety and nickel back depending on match-ups...I loved that about parker and mccourty. After reading this minor scouting report, he seems like a versatile addition to this secondary. This would be an exciting young addition, dont you think? Speed and versatility.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
4-2-5 they both can play

I think that is one positive that will come out from the CB experiment. I think his ability to flip-flop from playing a true safety to man-to-man coverage depending on formations is a value add for Allen that gets him into the game in more situations than a normal #3 safety. I think its a skill set Allen and Gilchrist would bring to the secondary that I'm not too sure Pryor has that in his game right now.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
read this: http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/10085/chargers-free-agent-report-marcus-gilchrist

Read this article on him. Wow, you may be right. Everything I read previously just had him listed at SS, but maybe because of the way weddle plays a true free safety. Weddle is a true centerfielder, we can probably agree with that if you've seen many Charger games. But if you read his bio, he flip-flops safety and nickel back depending on match-ups...I loved that about parker and mccourty. After reading this minor scouting report, he seems like a versatile addition to this secondary. This would be an exciting young addition, dont you think? Speed and versatility.
Oh yeah definitely, I'm all in on Gilchrist who I view as an ascending player with CB, S and Nickel experience, he's a great fit for Bowles who deploys more Nickel and Dime defenses than any couch in the league (kudos to Football51 for pointing that out), in fact I read that it was not uncommon for him to pull all of his linebackers off the field and go with seven DB's, so he needs versatile DB's like Gilchrist, it also adds more youth and speed. This is a terrific final piece to the puzzle if we can swing it. He can start at either safety spot, play the nickel or play the dime. Can even play CB in a pinch.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I have to agree but I will say they will pass on not might
Thats probably true, Nick, as I said elsewhere, there's an unwritten rule in the draft, you never pass on a potential franchise QB unless you already have one. I don't think the Jets believe they already have one, and they probably view Mariota's ceiling as a franchise QB.

nycdan

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Thats probably true, Nick, as I said elsewhere, there's an unwritten rule in the draft, you never pass on a potential franchise QB unless you already have one. I don't think the Jets believe they already have one, and they probably view Mariota's ceiling as a franchise QB.

Want to take another shot at rephrasing that? There's a lot of inappropriate wiggle room there.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(1/4) From Jason Worilds: "I appreciate all of the interest from the organizations that have reached out to us the past few days.</p>— Jason Bernstein (@JB_XAM) <a href="https://twitter.com/JB_XAM/status/575509968369139712">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(2/4)...With that being said, after much thought & consideration I have chosen to step away from football as I have opted to pursue other</p>— Jason Bernstein (@JB_XAM) <a href="https://twitter.com/JB_XAM/status/575510123617128448">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(3/4) interests. I am especially grateful of the opportunity to play before some of the greatest fans in football today.</p>— Jason Bernstein (@JB_XAM) <a href="https://twitter.com/JB_XAM/status/575510265053253632">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

[TWEET]<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(4/4) Despite any concern and speculation that may ensue, I appreciate those that are respectful of my decision."</p>— Jason Bernstein (@JB_XAM) <a href="https://twitter.com/JB_XAM/status/575510339665719297">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

F

flgreen

What every one seems to be forgetting is Bowles runs something called the "Big Nickel" He has 5+ DB's on the field for like 75% of the defensive plays. And blitz's them from every where

The key player is a large, big hitting S, who plays close to the LOS, and preforms multiple roles.

I didn't like the Pryor selection last year at all. He played the way I thought he would...meh

The "Big Nickel" role is custom built for his skill set. Pencil him in as the Big Nickel, then figure out the other 4+.

Allen should win the FS spot hands down.