Around The NFL

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Take this for what it's worth.

[TWEET]<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>One down, one to go? Sources: Jets are in serious discussions to bring back CB Antonio Cromartie. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nyj?src=hash">#nyj</a> <a href="http://t.co/a38k29cHc7">pic.twitter.com/a38k29cHc7</a></p>— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/575509886198489088">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Looks like the Jets are still interested in Cromartie too.

Yup. Mehta is reporting on Twitter that the Jets and Cromartie are in "serious discussions". If they sign Cromartie, I'd expect a Milliner trade at some point. It's getting pretty crowded at CB.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Was told <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash">#Jets</a> initially offered Cro $5.5-$6M a year. He was hoping for more. Guessing he might have to take less to reunite w/ Revis</p>— Kimberley A. Martin (@KMart_LI) <a href="https://twitter.com/KMart_LI/status/575512500072017921">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Is bringing back Revis and Cro a big FU to Idzik? He unloaded both of them. Revis was the right move though....

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Apparently the Jets and Cromartie are negotiating and it looks like its gonna happen. Cromartie even tweeted something according to a another website, something about its gonna happen with the Jets, just negotiating length.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Apparently the Jets and Cromartie are negotiating and it looks like its gonna happen. Cromartie even tweeted something according to a another website, something about its gonna happen with the Jets, just negotiating length.

This would be icing on the cake. We have added three good to great cb's and still have two CB's with decent potential on the mend. Our defense is taking shape especially if we keep Snacks. However I'm thinking Milliner may not make it back from his injury.

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
you can never have too many cover corners - almost never.

If M or M are delayed in their return

If anyone gets hurt

When we want to go dime

get Cro on a one or two year deal

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Milliner CLEARLY not in future plans. The surgical marvel was a horrible draft pick to begin with and, now that we have a smart GM, he is addressing it. i think we unload him for a 3rd or 4th rounder that has an escalator to become a 2.

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Milliner CLEARLY not in future plans. The surgical marvel was a horrible draft pick to begin with and, now that we have a smart GM, he is addressing it. i think we unload him for a 3rd or 4th rounder that has an escalator to become a 2.

Pointdexter, I doubt we can get a 3rd or 4th for Miliiner. It was an awful pick by Idzik who was trying to replace Revis.

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
we just spent $95 million on 2 CBs today and have a 2013 1st rounder and a 2014 3rd rounder on the roster.

do you really think taking a CB at 6 is a good use of resources?

Most of all of you feel CB is not a wise choice. Since when does the Jets do the right thing when it comes to the Draft. Everyone expected WR the last 2 years.99% of you in our mocks had the Jets going WR, what happened!! This year its either OLB or QB. I have heard many times the last few years about new regimes, they know what there doing. Personally I would love a Stud rushing OLB but Bowles loves DB's. We will see...

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Pointdexter, I doubt we can get a 3rd or 4th for Miliiner. It was an awful pick by Idzik who was trying to replace Revis.

He was the 9th overall pick of the draft just two years. And he's played well at times when healthy. What I proposed is the minimum you should ask. If there are no takers then you hold on to him and maybe try him out at safety. We need one of those that can cover.

J

Jet Setter

we just spent $95 million on 2 CBs today and have a 2013 1st rounder and a 2014 3rd rounder on the roster.

do you really think taking a CB at 6 is a good use of resources?

I would add to that Marcus Williams who, without training camp as a rookie showed a lot of promise being thrown into the wolves covering #1 WR's last year. I think he's a keeper who will certainly get better with an entire offseason. All of these guys are going to learn a lot from the master Revis as well. We don't need to get younger there.

At this point, I would suspect the best value for our buck and the biggest glaring hole is at OLB of the pass rushing variety. And with Coples holding the fort on the other side being in a contract year and potentially busting, this needs addressing now. And with the secondary nearly secured, our DLine is going to be even more disruptive. This can be a very exciting defense.

I'd project our 1st rounder goes to an OLB
2-4th all on offense. A variety of either WR, RB, OT or TE. OT Cedric Ogbuehi might be a great value with our high 3rd coming of a knee injury as they could stash him for a year and groom him as our next LT. Or use the 3rd on the best remaining RB (Jeremy Langford, TJ Yeldon) for Chan's offense with our 2nd towards WR as the Jets are known to be closely linked to Phillip Dorsett. They could reach a little for him there and give Chan another weapon to use. He had only 36 catches this past season but with 10 TD's. Major explosion with the ball and punt returning dynamic.

J

Jet Setter

Ah ha! So, if they sign Gilchrist as well, the secondary is firmed up completely. Mike came through on his promise to be more aggressive. Do you recall where we were this time last year? Listening to crickets. John disconnected his phone for two days. Wow, what a difference.
This defense will be real strong in many aspects. Interior push, run-stuffing, man coverage, better safety play...if they draft a pass rusher and light a fire under Coples they can improve the outside pressure. That leaves LB coverage as something teams will attack. We need Pryor flying around close to the box to alleviate that. Just thinking out aloud. Bowles should have some fun with this defense. A shame Rex isn't here to join the fun.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Ah ha! So, if they sign Gilchrist as well, the secondary is firmed up completely. Mike came through on his promise to be more aggressive. Do you recall where we were this time last year? Listening to crickets. John disconnected his phone for two days. Wow, what a difference.
This defense will be real strong in many aspects. Interior push, run-stuffing, man coverage, better safety play...if they draft a pass rusher and light a fire under Coples they can improve the outside pressure. That leaves LB coverage as something teams will attack. We need Pryor flying around close to the box to alleviate that. Just thinking out aloud. Bowles should have some fun with this defense. A shame Rex isn't here to join the fun.
Because idzik ran him out of town. But I'm glad we have Bowles, I'm excited to see how he works.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Most of all of you feel CB is not a wise choice. Since when does the Jets do the right thing when it comes to the Draft. Everyone expected WR the last 2 years.99% of you in our mocks had the Jets going WR, what happened!! This year its either OLB or QB. I have heard many times the last few years about new regimes, they know what there doing. Personally I would love a Stud rushing OLB but Bowles loves DB's. We will see...

But the Jets had a complete imbecile as a GM the last 2 years.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Because idzik ran him out of town. But I'm glad we have Bowles, I'm excited to see how he works.

If we get Gilchrist and Cro to go with Revis and Skrine, party at the bunny ranch in Reno paid for by Nick (not that I know anything about that)!