Around The NFL

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
He was the 9th overall pick of the draft just two years. And he's played well at times when healthy. What I proposed is the minimum you should ask. If there are no takers then you hold on to him and maybe try him out at safety. We need one of those that can cover.

I am not arguing with you about the your choice of picks. Even though Milliner was a 9th overall pick. He was declared medically unfit by our own doctors. I am trying to find where I read it. My point being is that most teams should be aware of his medical history and probably would be wary of trading for him. Not to say he could turn out to be another Revis. Wesley Walker Walker was blind in one eye and many teams stayed away from him. One of the biggest steals in Jets history. I guess we will see.

J

Jet Setter

I am not arguing with you about the your choice of picks. Even though Milliner was a 9th overall pick. He was declared medically unfit by our own doctors. I am trying to find where I read it. My point being is that most teams should be aware of his medical history and probably would be wary of trading for him. Not to say he could turn out to be another Revis. Wesley Walker Walker was blind in one eye and many teams stayed away from him. One of the biggest steals in Jets history. I guess we will see.

Even if the Jets are planning to trade him, he is still on his rookie contract and his value couldn't be lower. Once he returns to health for an entire season, then you have trade value but not until then. He's a china doll and no one wants to invest a precious draft pick on such uncertainty.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Even if the Jets are planning to trade him, he is still on his rookie contract and his value couldn't be lower. Once he returns to health for an entire season, then you have trade value but not until then. He's a china doll and no one wants to invest a precious draft pick on such uncertainty.

Nobody does? Hmm, I wonder how the Rams acquired all those picks for Bradford then....

J

Jet Setter

Nobody does? Hmm, I wonder how the Rams acquired all those picks for Bradford then....

Somebody does? Show me a team linked to interest and any chatter the Jets have demonstrated towards Milliner being offered in trade talks.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Somebody does? Show me a team linked to interest and any chatter the Jets have demonstrated towards Milliner being offered in trade talks.

s A guy coming off shoulder surgery and 2 ACL surgeries just got a 2nd, 5th, and #1 QB traded for him...show me a report that Milliner has an injury report in the NFL longer than Bradfords...it appears people are willing to trade for porcelain dolls.

J

Jet Setter

s A guy coming off shoulder surgery and 2 ACL surgeries just got a 2nd, 5th, and #1 QB traded for him...show me a report that Milliner has an injury report in the NFL longer than Bradfords...it appears people are willing to trade for porcelain dolls.

Avoiding my question?

Where's the chatter linking Milliner to trade talks?

My statement stands in that his trade value can be better attained through playing a full season without another injury.

EDIT: Radio silence.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
Milliner CLEARLY not in future plans. The surgical marvel was a horrible draft pick to begin with and, now that we have a smart GM, he is addressing it. i think we unload him for a 3rd or 4th rounder that has an escalator to become a 2.

The Jets (MCCG and BOWLES) are proceding like they have no CB's....if Milner and McDougle turn into anything..it is icing on cake..a good problem to have./.no reason at all to trade Milner..plus hes not making much money....plus 2 maybe Milner can learn from the likes of a Revis and a Cromartie if they come..more about study habits and learning the game..I know they have a DB coach..but there was no on field leadership at that position..especially on practice field...

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
The Jets (MCCG and BOWLES) are proceding like they have no CB's....if Milner and McDougle turn into anything..it is icing on cake..a good problem to have./.no reason at all to trade Milner..plus hes not making much money....plus 2 maybe Milner can learn from the likes of a Revis and a Cromartie if they come..more about study habits and learning the game..I know they have a DB coach..but there was no on field leadership at that position..especially on practice field...

I dont think he's traded either. Bowles played 63% of his snaps in nickel last year; while I expect Revis, Cro (if signed), and Skrine to start (obviously), if one goes down having Milliner to plug and play is great value/depth.

But as others have said, Milliner, Williams, and mcDougle are going to have a tough battle for #4 CB, and I wouldnt be shocked if Williams stands strong in that group.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
I dont think he's traded either. Bowles played 63% of his snaps in nickel last year; while I expect Revis, Cro (if signed), and Skrine to start (obviously), if one goes down having Milliner to plug and play is great value/depth.

But as others have said, Milliner, Williams, and mcDougle are going to have a tough battle for #4 CB, and I wouldnt be shocked if Williams stands strong in that group.

If Milner is not completely healthy they can put him on IR with designation to return...then he can still practice w them

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Brandon Browner in New Orleans on Wednesday

Posted by Josh Alper on March 11, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Brandon Browner
AP
The Saints say that their reason for making the Jimmy Graham trade was to gain resources they can use to improve their defense and their early maneuvers in free agency suggest getting better at cornerback is of particular interest to the team.

Tramon Williams visited with the team on Tuesday night and Adam Schefter of ESPN reports and PFT has confirmed that Brandon Browner is in New Orleans for a visit on Wednesday. Browner became a free agent on Tuesday when the Patriots declined their 2015 option on his contract and the Saints were quickly identified as an interested party.

Keenan Lewis and Corey White are the most experienced cornerbacks currently on the Saints roster, which would mean they’d need more depth at the position even if the two veterans weren’t coming off rough 2014 seasons.

If the Saints don’t strike a deal with Browner, he has other teams interested in talking to him about a deal. PFT has learned, via a league source, that Washington, Baltimore, Jacksonville and Cleveland are also interested in talking to Browner, but that no visits have been scheduled with other teams at this point. A visit with Washington might not be a pressing need since Redskins General Manager Scot McCloughan was in Seattle’s front office at the same time that Browner was in their secondary.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Chargers running back Ryan Mathews visiting the Eagles today

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 11, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
San Diego Chargers v Arizona Cardinals
Getty Images
After ditching LeSean McCoy and getting left at the altar by Frank Gore, the Eagles obviously need a running back.

So while there’s “mutual interest” with DeMarco Murray, he’s not the first visit.

According to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports, Chargers running back Ryan Mathews is visiting the Eagles today.

When well, Mathews is among the most productive backs in the league. But that’s a condition he has struggled to fulfill in his time with the Chargers, as he’s only played 16 games once in five seasons there.

He’d seemingly be a good fit for what they do offensively, as he’s good in the passing game as well. But his durability has always been an issue.

Permalink 5 Comments Feed for comments Back to top
Email

Reggie Bush taking first visit to San Francisco

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 11, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
reggiebush
AP
The 49ers have some backs on hand they want to try with Frank Gore gone.

But they’re still looking for some outside help.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, former Saints and Lions running back Reggie Bush is visiting the 49ers today.

We mentioned yesterday (it was easy to miss with everything else going on) that Bush was considering the 49ers, Saints and Patriots as well, as he tries to find a place to fit in.

There are interesting aspects to all three, as he could play a valuable role if he’s healthy. And the fact he’s checking out San Francisco first could say something.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Nick Fairley - DL - Free Agent
The Lions have begun informing agents around the NFL that they're out of the mix for free agent Nick Fairley.
One year after declining Fairley's 2015 option, the Lions appear to be washing their hands of the 2011 top-15 draft pick. Although Fairley has been a difference maker on the field when healthy, the Lions have special insight into him and must believe he isn't worth the trouble. Fairley will visit the Bengals today. He's the top interior D-Lineman left in free agency.
Related: Lions

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics

well chip kelly is apparently insane.

plus, bradford is a QB that has shown when he is able to stay healthy, that he can be a pretty good QB.

milliner is a CB who showed brief flashes in Dec 2013, but otherwise has had a non-descript pro career and is coming off a torn achilles.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
well chip kelly is apparently insane.

plus, bradford is a QB that has shown when he is able to stay healthy, that he can be a pretty good QB.

milliner is a CB who showed brief flashes in Dec 2013, but otherwise has had a non-descript pro career and is coming off a torn achilles.

Not sure if you read the entire trail, but maybe you did, but the statement was made, "show me a team willing to trade for porcelain doll." i would call the Eagles that team...and bradford was my example...

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Not sure if you read the entire trail, but maybe you did, but the statement was made, "show me a team willing to trade for porcelain doll." i would call the Eagles that team...and bradford was my example...

well he's a porcelain doll that plays QB. that is the big distinction i was trying to make.

not that you were making the argument, but imo, milliner has next to no trade value right now. would be silly to trade him at this point and get lesser value.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
well he's a porcelain doll that plays QB. that is the big distinction i was trying to make.

not that you were making the argument, but imo, milliner has next to no trade value right now. would be silly to trade him at this point and get lesser value.

I said on the cromartie thread I wouldnt trade him...but is there someone who would trade for him? of the 31 other teams would someone trade for him? I think so.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Maybe the saints will take him for Brees, to unload some more cap room[emoji2]