Around The NFL

S

sg3

Quick drive by post using expensive ship internet at sea en route to San Juan on.Norwegian Gem

Big news I see

Revis to the Jets
Graham to the Saints
Foles to the Rams

No idea what Chipper is doing to the Eagles

Revis obviously helps Jets and hurts cheating scumbags...

Win win

Tomorrow. Civilization.and free wifi

Regards to all the great posters here

J

Jet Setter

Not sure if you read the entire trail, but maybe you did, but the statement was made, "show me a team willing to trade for porcelain doll." i would call the Eagles that team...and bradford was my example...

No one made that statement. The truth, once again, eludes you. Your kryptonite.

You made that connection. I actually asked you when you surmised a trade for Milliner could take place today and you brought in your (circumstantial) evidence was that Bradford was recently traded. As if this connection was good enough.

To me, this was unrelated. And I simply asked you if you had seen any chatter to substantiate your claim that Milliner was being mentioned in any trade talks.

The truth just doesn't beget you, does it? Anything to feed your ego of always being right. OMG.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Quick drive by post using expensive ship internet at sea en route to San Juan on.Norwegian Gem

Big news I see

Revis to the Jets
Graham to the Saints
Foles to the Rams

Win win

Graham to Seattle...:) have a good trip.

J

Jet Setter

Big news I see

Revis to the Jets
Graham to the Saints
Foles to the Rams

Win win

Look forward to your comments on Revis...

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I said on the cromartie thread I wouldnt trade him...but is there someone who would trade for him? of the 31 other teams would someone trade for him? I think so.

someone may trade for him. that wasn't what i was arguing. i just think you won't get good value for him.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Checking in C.J. Spiller's free-agent suitors
March, 10, 2015
MAR 10
1:11
PM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN Insider
00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
Running back C.J. Spiller is in his physical prime (turns 28 in August), has limited mileage (826 career touches) and has a 1,700-yard, 8-TD campaign on his resume (2012). That's enough promise to make him one of the top couple of running backs on the soon-to-be-open free-agent market, despite his propensity for injury and coming off of back-to-back uninspiring seasons.

The New York Jets have been connected to Spiller, because the aforementioned 2012 outburst came under the direction of new Jets OC Chan Gailey. There also was a recent report that the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins and Detroit Lions have interest in Spiller.

However, it appears that the Jets are out of the mix now that they re-signed Bilal Powell. ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini tweeted that the club now has "no interest" in Spiller.

It also sounds like the cash-strapped Fins aren't targeting Spiller as the market is about to open.

"I know the name was out there but I'm told the Dolphins will not be chasing RB C.J. Spiller at this time," tweeted Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.

Another team that could get into the mix, depending on how things go with free agent DeMarco Murray is the Dallas Cowboys. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport thinks Spiller is a name to watch in that regard.

In the end, the team which signs Spiller may end up with one of the big free-agent bargains:

Mike Sando
Top 10 bargain NFL free agents
"Spiller was drafted ninth overall in 2010 and he has occasionally played like it. 'He has first-round measurables, has shown flashes and could put it all together,' one personnel evaluator said. 'Darren Sproles could be a precedent.' Spiller has also factored on special teams. He has four career kick returns for touchdowns, including one last season."

Where will Brian Orakpo land?
March, 10, 2015
MAR 10
1:37
PM ET
00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
There was some buzz Monday that the Atlanta Falcons were the front-runner to land free-agent OLB Brian Orakpo, but it appears that is not the case.

"The #Falcons are NOT front runner for Brian Orakpo. 3 teams: #Colts , #Cardinals & #Washington . Atlanta isn't even talking to him right now," tweeted Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports.

The Colts may be out of the mix now that they are expected to sign Trent Cole.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport tossed another team into the mix Tuesday.

"The teams in the mix for Brian Orakpo are the #Titans , #Redskins and #Cardinals . AZ is the one to watch, they want an edge presence," he tweeted.

Orakpo's propensity for missing extended stretches due to injury is an issue for suitors, but his upside is undeniable:

Matt Williamson
Sizing up the top free agents for 2015
"He's great when healthy. He's probably better in a 4-3 than a 3-4. Can he be a team's No. 1 pass-rusher and still produce? I would say Orakpo is a No. 2. He can be an unbelievable No. 2, but he isn't quite Justin Houston. You have to put an asterisk by him. What condition is he in? He hasn't played in a long time. But you like him a lot when he's on the field."

MAR 10
2:10
PM ET
70COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
Considering that Dwayne Bowe failed to catch so much as one touchdown last season and carries a whopping $14 million salary-cap hit for 2015, most people expected the Kansas City Chiefs to release him this offseason. The likelihood of that happening increased when the Chiefs agreed to sign free-agent Jeremy Maclin.

On Tuesday, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter confirmed that the Chiefs likely will move on soon from Bowe.

"Indications point to Chiefs releasing WR Dwayne Bowe this week," he tweeted.

One potential landing spot for Bowe could be the Baltimore Ravens, which are expected to lose Torrey Smith to the San Francisco 49ers:

Jamison Hensley
Who replaces Torrey Smith for the Ravens?
"Bowe ... might fall under general manager Ozzie Newsome's mantra 'right player, right price.' Bowe's price will be lower than Johnson's because he's considered an underachiever who hasn't caught more than 60 passes over the past three seasons and failed to score a touchdown last season. But has his production been the result of catching passes from Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, and Alex Smith since 2012? He has the distinction of being the fastest Chiefs player to get 6,000 yards receiving (95 games), and he is three years younger than Johnson. Bowe's strength is running quick slants over the middle and breaking tackles to gain yards after the catch. He has been described as a model teammate, which would likely get relayed to John Harbaugh from Andy Reid."

J

Jet Setter

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets are the "clear leader" to sign free agent Antonio Cromartie.

Darrelle Revis is "recruiting" Cromartie to rejoin him in New York. The Cardinals would like Cromartie back, but they're not going to win this battle.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
someone may trade for him. that wasn't what i was arguing. i just think you won't get good value for him.

True. But I'm not sure how much value he is to us as our dime CB (best case scenario for him). As mentioned above he's going to have a hell of a battle with McDougle and Williams for that spot.

Last year the Jets would've loved to trade for a high upside CB like Milliner. We were playing converted safeties as our #1 CB. There's going to be a team that's going to need one when training camp injuries set in. Instead of letting this guy rot on our bench and then losing him for nothing in FA in a couple years, why not try to get a 3rd for him that we could parlay into another OL or a multi-dimensional back (that we still desperately need)? If Milliner checks out healthy, I think he would fetch that.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets are the "clear leader" to sign free agent Antonio Cromartie.

Darrelle Revis is "recruiting" Cromartie to rejoin him in New York. The Cardinals would like Cromartie back, but they're not going to win this battle.

What does this tell us about Milliner?

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
True. But I'm not sure how much value he is to us as our dime CB (best case scenario for him). As mentioned above he's going to have a hell of a battle with McDougle and Williams for that spot.

Last year the Jets would've loved to trade for a high upside CB like Milliner. We were playing converted safeties as our #1 CB. There's going to be a team that's going to need one when training camp injuries set in. Instead of letting this guy rot on our bench and then losing him for nothing in FA in a couple years, why not try to get a 3rd for him that we could parlay into another OL or a multi-dimensional back (that we still desperately need)? If Milliner checks out healthy, I think he would fetch that.

i don't think you could get a 3rd for him. i think it's more like a 5th or 6th, given his injury history and him coming off a torn achillies.

i would rather let him take his time healing and give him a shot in bowles CB-heavy defense and let him learn from revis and maybe cro. hope that he shows progress and can either become a useful player, if not a starter, down the road, or at the least, build some trade value.

now if someone offered me a 3rd, i guess i would strongly consider it (assuming we add another CB like cro). but even still, revis (and cro) are on the wrong side of 30, skrine is probably best suited for slot, mcdougle is probably even a greater question mark, and while williams looked good late last year, i'm not ready to give up on a talented CB like milliner because of his presence.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
i don't think you could get a 3rd for him. i think it's more like a 5th or 6th, given his injury history and him coming off a torn achillies.

i would rather let him take his time healing and give him a shot in bowles CB-heavy defense and let him learn from revis and maybe cro. hope that he shows progress and can either become a useful player, if not a starter, down the road, or at the least, build some trade value.

now if someone offered me a 3rd, i guess i would strongly consider it (assuming we add another CB like cro). but even still, revis (and cro) are on the wrong side of 30, skrine is probably best suited for slot, mcdougle is probably even a greater question mark, and while williams looked good late last year, i'm not ready to give up on a talented CB like milliner because of his presence.

You both make great cases for each direction.

U

ucrenegade

If he's not in their plans, do they consider packaging him in a deal?

i think they are not sure he can stay away from getting injured and at this point i would dangle him see if anyone bites maybe even to houston.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Dan Williams - DL - Raiders
Raiders agreed to terms with NT Dan Williams, formerly of the Cardinals.
Related: Cardinals
Source: Mike Wright on Twitter

Adrian Clayborn - DL - Free Agent
Free agent DE Adrian Clayborn will visit the Falcons on Wednesday.
The Falcons are finally trying to address their immense need for pass rushers. In addition to Clayborn, the team is also interested in free agents Derrick Morgan and Brian Orakpo. Injury-plagued Clayborn should come cheap.
Related: Falcons

J

Jet Setter

If he's not in their plans, do they consider packaging him in a deal?

I think you guys are jumping the gun a bit. We haven't seen Cro's deal which could be for 1-year for all we know. I wouldn't be so itchy to unload a 23-year old CB on his rookie contract picked in the top 10 when you have two starting CB's on the north side of 30 when the season starts.

Machina Verde

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Just the thought that Brees could be on the tradeblock makes my head spin. Honestly I would give up two first rounders for Brees

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Kyle Williams - DL - Bills
Bills signed DT Kyle Williams to a one-year, $10.5 million contract extension through 2017.
Williams was scheduled to count $6.4 million against the cap this season, and this is likely a move to help knock that number down after the Bills' recent spending spree. Soon-to-be 32-year-old Williams has really blossomed into one of the best defensive tackles. He has 20.5 sacks over the past three seasons.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Just the thought that Brees could be on the tradeblock makes my head spin. Honestly I would give up two first rounders for Brees

Sirius said the rumor is the Jets and Tampa have talked to the Saints about Brees, but no one even knows if the rumors are true, let alone if it was anything beyond casual conversation.