Around The NFL

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
What happened to James Carpenter?

Did that deal fall apart, and are there any other OG's other there who would represent a significant upgrade?

no. he's signing here. don't think the team has officially announced anything other than the marshall trade being official and harvin being cut. the rest are probably subject to physicals and legal docs being finalized. but every media report says he's signing with the jets.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Well, I'll politely disagree on most talented.

Last year, Cromartie ran a 4.34 at the training facility, is 6'2 210 lbs, and has actually produced at the NFL level.

Milliner is shorter, slower, smaller 22 year old than Cromartie that hasn't done anything but get roasted in the NFL field but for 4 weeks in December 2 years ago... Milliner will never be as athletic as Cromartie, I dont care if Cromartie is 40.

Here's Cromartie calling out his critics than busting out the 4.34:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000362292/article/antonio-cromartie-calls-out-critics-flashes-40-speed

Kevin, Were'nt you the guy that was constantly roasting Cromartie when he was a Jet ?

Plus, I said he is the 2nd most talented behind Revis.

I'm a 60 year old X TE who could still fake Cro-Daddy out of his jock ! He's not better than Milliner. Come to think about it, you loved Milliner until his Achilles injury ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I think the key on Milliner is that these signings have moved him from the guy we are counting on to anchor the defensive backfield to a guy we hope gets healthy and makes progress to play a role in the backfield. In the role of a guy we are hoping will make progress physically and in terms of performance, he's fine.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Kevin, Were'nt you the guy that was constantly roasting Cromartie when he was a Jet ?

Plus, I said he is the 2nd most talented behind Revis.

I'm a 60 year old X TE who could still fake Cro-Daddy out of his jock ! He's not better than Milliner. Come to think about it, you loved Milliner until his Achilles injury ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

Man, did I love Mike T, Mark Sanchez, Stephen Hill, and Gholston too?

I definitely said last year after we whiffed on all the Cbs we should bring Cro back on a 1 year deal. I did not want to lose cro last year and was shocked we did.

I did say about Milliner the same thing I said about Geno, the way they finished December their rookie years (Geno as the #2 QB in the NFL after Peyton and Milliner with 3 INTs and defensive rookie of the month), if they build on that they'll be special...then Milliner blew out his achilles and we never saw him again.

But I never roasted Cro, and you were a blindside offensive tackle...and you couldn't fake out that parked car in that picture under your name. if it happened though, you'd have eyes as big as jumbo elliot's on monday night football if you actually caught the ball, LMAO!

r-MONDAY-NIGHT-MIRACLE-large570.jpg

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
+1 Semi agree ! Dee Milliner is only 22 years old because he skipped his senior year. He is by far the 2nd most talented CB on the Jets behind only Revis. And with Revis over 30, I'd give Dee all the time he needs to fully recover from an Achilles injury. No way in Hell, am I trading a 6 foot 22 year old CB that to this day Nick Saban is saying is the best CB he has ever coached. Watch him on tape, this kid is still a player going forward.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Cy, Milliner has a medical history going back to his college days. He gets hurt often. I know you like him and want him to succeed, but he keeps getting hurt. Gholston was a beast on tape also.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Cy, Milliner has a medical history going back to his college days. He gets hurt often. I know you like him and want him to succeed, but he keeps getting hurt. Gholston was a beast on tape also.

Whoa there buddy, that is a cruel comparison of Milliner to Vernon Gholston. Vernon never got a sack as a Jet, and Milliner was playing lights out before his injury.

Go Jets...Cyborg

J

Jet Setter

Whoa there buddy, that is a cruel comparison of Milliner to Vernon Gholston. Vernon never got a sack as a Jet, and Milliner was playing lights out before his injury.

Go Jets...Cyborg

I don't believe Gholston ever started. This qualifies him as the biggest bust ever IMO. At least kool-aid started. So did Leaf.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
How bout this ...

Sign Crow and Gilchrist, then trade Dee Milliner to the Titans for a swap of first round picks.

This would fill a big need for Tennessee with a BIG CB who ran in the 4.3's and was recently a TOP 10 Pick. Granted injuries have derailed his career thus far, but he's only 23 and he still has a high ceiling with better luck.

For this Tennessee would only have to move down four spots and would be in a position to address their biggest need for an elite edge rusher, which is absolutely essentially in Dick LeBeau's defense, and they recently hired LeBeau. But at six they will pretty much have their pick of the edge rushing litter, and its a terrific crop this year, and they save a lot of money too by taking one at 6 as opposed to 2, and with this trade they get to add a high ceiling BIG Corner as well who is only 23 years old ... and we move up for Mariota with no competition to worry about.

What do you think?

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm surprised that Torrey Smith turned down $7.5 mil from his hometown Ravens to take $8 mil from the 49er's. I wonder what the difference in guaranteed money was?

F

flgreen

Go Jets...Cyborg

No he wasn't. He had 12 bad games and 4 good games at the end of his rookie season. Gave us false hope.

Then last year in camp, Hill, of all people, was torching him daily. Dropping the ball of course, but still beating him.

J

Jet Setter

How bout this ...

Sign Crow and Gilchrist, then trade Dee Milliner to the Titans for a swap of first round picks.

This would fill a big need for Tennessee with a BIG CB who ran in the 4.3's and was recently a TOP 10 Pick. Granted injuries have derailed his career thus far, but he's only 23 and he still has a high ceiling with better luck.

For this Tennessee would only have to move down four spots and would be in a position to address their biggest need for an elite edge rusher, which is absolutely essentially in Dick LeBeau's defense, and they recently hired LeBeau. But at six they will pretty much have their pick of the edge rushing litter, and its a terrific crop this year, and they save a lot of money too by taking one at 6 as opposed to 2, and with this trade they get to add a high ceiling BIG Corner as well who is only 23 years old ... and we move up for Mariota with no competition to worry about.

What do you think?

Very creative. Nice. If only I liked Mariota.

F

flgreen

How bout this ...

What do you think?

Huh? Milliner is off an Achilles tear. He has 0 trade value right now.

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics

Go Jets...Cyborg

Cy, Milliner had 4 good games as a Pro. I was referring to Ghoslton's college days.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
But for Ghost the light was never on to allow him to play lightsout.
Gholston had no heart for football, never did, and it was no secret, he was thrown off his H.S. team for a lack of passion, it so frustrated his DC that he finally snapped and told him to GTF off the practice field, leave, and don't come back. Later the HC, who was enamored with Gholston's physical attributes, overruled his DC and brought Gholston back. Fast forward to Ohio State and Gholston had no friends on the team, because he never really viewed himself as a football player. He was more into body-building, but he had enough physical talent to rack up sacks at the college level and make himself a TOP 10 Pick. But he never really liked football and that is a recipe for disaster in the NFL.

In fact he had to be cajoled and convinced to play football in H.S., it wasn't his idea.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Milliner had 4 good games and won defensive player and rookie of the month with 3 ints in those 4 games...