Around The NFL

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Whoa there buddy, that is a cruel comparison of Milliner to Vernon Gholston. Vernon never got a sack as a Jet, and Milliner was playing lights out before his injury.

Go Jets...Cyborg

He played well his last 4 games of rookie season, but wasn't very good last season when he was the guy. Then he got hurt.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
How bout this ...

Sign Crow and Gilchrist, then trade Dee Milliner to the Titans for a swap of first round picks.

This would fill a big need for Tennessee with a BIG CB who ran in the 4.3's and was recently a TOP 10 Pick. Granted injuries have derailed his career thus far, but he's only 23 and he still has a high ceiling with better luck.

For this Tennessee would only have to move down four spots and would be in a position to address their biggest need for an elite edge rusher, which is absolutely essentially in Dick LeBeau's defense, and they recently hired LeBeau. But at six they will pretty much have their pick of the edge rushing litter, and its a terrific crop this year, and they save a lot of money too by taking one at 6 as opposed to 2, and with this trade they get to add a high ceiling BIG Corner as well who is only 23 years old ... and we move up for Mariota with no competition to worry about.

What do you think?

based on the below trade value chart, the difference between the #6 and #2 pick is 1000, which is equal to the 16th overall pick. i highly doubt milliner coming off a blown achillies and with basically 4 good games in 2 years is valued that highly

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue/

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
You mean when Rex rushed him back from injury where he immediately...got injured...he was never 100 percent last year, imo.

Still not sure it matters. I'm not sold on his ability in the NFL yet. I'm hoping he turns it around and comes back healthy because it helps the Jets.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Huh? Milliner is off an Achilles tear. He has 0 trade value right now.
I wouldn't say that, FLG, because he's only 23, thats still a puppy, some seniors are just coming into the league at his age, and he has a terrific blend of size and speed at the Corner position. There are good reasons why he was a TOP 10 Pick. I never loved him and didn't want the Jets to draft him, but by no means was he a reach at #9 because he had the Alabama pedigree, well coached by Saban, and he had all of the physical attributes you look for in a #1 Corner.

To simply move down four spots and still have their pick of the edge rushing litter at a much cheaper price than taking him at 2, by far Tennessee's biggest need, and maybe get lucky with Milliner if he can stay healthy, its a trade I would make if I was in their shoes, and I'm not even a big Milliner guy.

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Cy, Milliner is not the answer. He is too injury prone. He was a bad pick by Idzik trying to make up ground on the Revis trade. Of course the Jets won't trade him now, who would want him as he is injured.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I wouldn't say that, FLG, because he's only 23, thats still a puppy, some seniors are just coming into the league at his age, and he has a terrific blend of size and speed at the Corner position. There are good reasons why he was a TOP 10 Pick. I never loved him and didn't want the Jets to draft him, but by no means was he a reach at #9 because he had the Alabama pedigree, well coached by Saban, and he had all of the physical attributes you look for in a #1 Corner.

To simply move down four spots and still have their pick of the edge rushing litter at a much cheaper price than taking him at 2, by far Tennessee's biggest need, and maybe get lucky with Milliner if he can stay healthy, its a trade I would make if I was in their shoes, and I'm not even a big Milliner guy.

if the jets hadn't signed Revis, would you have traded down from 6 to 12 with Cleveland for Justin Gilbert? how about Gilbert coming off a blown achillies? because that's effectively what you are saying Tenn should do.

on edit - that's not even a great comparison since the difference between 2 and 6 is 1000 points, whereas the difference betwen 6 and 12 is 400 points

F

flgreen

It doesn't matter if he is Revis. He is off an Achilles. Not saying it will happen, but he may never play another game again. An Achilles is a devastating injury for a CB. Couple that with the fact that this is his 4th surgery. No one is going to make any kind of trade for him.

On the other hand he may recover and be fine in 2016, but you would have to be crazy to trade for him, let alone use him as the center piece in a big trade up

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
if the jets hadn't signed Revis, would you have traded down from 6 to 12 with Cleveland for Justin Gilbert? how about Gilbert coming off a blown achillies? because that's effectively what you are saying Tenn should do.
Its not the same, hobson, it would only be the same if we were targeting, oh say, Mariota as our #1 target, and we knew he would be there for us at 12 so we didn't have to take him at 6, in fact we would save millions of dollars by trading down to 12 and taking him there instead, in the meantime we also need a starting Corner too, in which case I would take Milliner or Gilbert to move down and still get MY GUY (Mariota) anyway, at a much cheaper rate.

Thats what this trade would be for Tennessee, because edge rusher is BY FAR their biggest need, a Dick LeBeau defense is effectively neutered without a blue-chip edge rusher and they don't have anything that even resembles an elite edge rusher, so that has to be their top priority and they would have their pick of the litter at 6 the same as they would at 2, only they save millions in the process. They could get Milliner and whichever edge rusher they prefer at 6, BOTH, for basically the same money they would pay for just the edge rusher at #2 .

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
It doesn't matter if he is Revis. He is off an Achilles. Not saying it will happen, but he may never play another game again. An Achilles is a devastating injury for a CB. Couple that with the fact that this is his 4th surgery. No one is going to make any kind of trade for him.

On the other hand he may recover and be fine in 2016, but you would have to be crazy to trade for him, let alone use him as the center piece in a big trade up
You might be right about that, FLG, I might be underestimating the effect an achilles injury and his injury history overall has on his value. I'll grant you that, but I would still TRY to pick Tennessee's pocket. :)

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Its not the same, hobson, it would only be the same if we were targeting, oh say, Mariota as our #1 target, and we knew he would be there for us at 12 so we didn't have to take him at 6, in fact we would save millions of dollars by trading down to 12 and taking him there instead, in the meantime we also need a starting Corner too, in which case I would take Milliner or Gilbert to move down and still get MY GUY (Mariota) anyway, at a much cheaper rate.

Thats what this trade would be for Tennessee, because edge rusher is BY FAR their biggest need, a Dick LeBeau defense is effectively neutered without a blue-chip edge rusher and they don't have anything that even resembles an elite edge rusher, so that has to be their top priority and they would have their pick of the litter at 6 the same as they would at 2, only they save millions in the process. They could get Milliner and whichever edge rusher they prefer at 6, BOTH, for basically the same money they would pay for just the edge rusher at #2 .

you make a good argument. now go talk the Tenn GM into making the deal... :smiley-cool11:

F

flgreen

You might be right about that, FLG, I might be underestimating the effect an achilles injury and his injury history overall has on his value. I'll grant you that, but I would still TRY to pick Tennessee's pocket. :)

I understand what you are trying to do Ham. Just pretty sure Milliner isn't going to do the trick.

If you really wanted to drive the fan base crazy with a draft trade, try this. First you would have to be 100% sold that Mariota is your Franchise QB . Most of the drafts have mocked Williams at #2 . Offer either Wilkerson, or Richardson (Who are proven DL) straight up for #2 . You still get to keep your 6.

Sounds like a Chip Kelly move. LOL. Boy would all the message boards explode

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
you make a good argument. now go talk the Tenn GM into making the deal... :smiley-cool11:
Thats what I'm saying, you gotta know how to sell ice to an eskimo and make it sound like an electric heater. :)

Read Trump's book, the art of the deal ... you always OVER VALUE your assets.

If you are selling a Hyundai, sell it like you are selling a Rolls Royce, with conviction.

Give me five minutes with the Titans GM and I'll have him thinking Dee Milliner is Mel Blount. LOL

F

flgreen

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer
Things trending towards Gilchrist becoming a Jet. Talks are "productive and active" per source. Not definite but optimistic. #Jets
63 RETWEETS 41 FAVORITES

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Thats what I'm saying, you gotta know how to sell ice to an eskimo and make it sound like an electric heater. :)

Read Trump's book, the art of the deal ... you always OVER VALUE your assets.

If you are selling a Hyundai, sell it like you are selling a Rolls Royce, with conviction.

Give me five minutes with the Titans GM and I'll have him thinking Dee Milliner is Mel Blount. LOL

with his blown achillies and laundry list of injuries, he may more closely resemble mel brooks... :football-injury-smi