Around The NFL

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Miami is in the process of acquiring Kenny Stills. Good move by them.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Did anyone mention how mediocre Mariota performed yesterday? Sorry if this is being repeated but our fans should be in the know. Didn't light things up at all. Inaccurate, not a live arm shown. Spent time displaying that he could take a few snaps under center which may have disrupted his throwing. And performed in a huddle. A little transparent. Cleveland or Philly can have him. Hopefully at our expense with their compensation.
I watched his pro day in its entirety, setter, and I was decidedly unimpressed. It sort of reminded me why I was never hot for the QB's, Winston or Mariota, in the first place. The further removed we get from the college season, and the closer we get to the draft, I was starting to soften my position because I recognize the need for a franchise QB, and even though I still believe Geno has a chance, its not something we can rely on, so I felt myself softening on Mariota, and yesterday brought me back to where I was at the beginning, which is where you are now, hoping someone takes him ahead of us and it pushes another elite prospect down to us, maybe Fowler or Cooper.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
We won't get that much, setter.

In my last mock draft (link), which is already obsolete because I posted it prior to free agency, but I actually had us trading down with Cleveland and taking Alvin Dupree at 12, which is still a possibility, but because I projected that trade I had to research the draft trade value chart (link) and according to the chart we would be getting the first of Cleveland's two 1's (#12 overall) and their second round pick (#43 overall), and even there they would be slightly overpaying by 70 Value Points which is the equivalent of an added 4th RD Pick, so I don't see us getting more.

We're not getting 12 and 19 for 6, but I could see us taking their 1st and 2nd for #6 and a future pick. To your point, we may have to trade our 1 and something else to get their 1 & 2.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
We're not getting 12 and 19 for 6, but I could see us taking their 1st and 2nd for #6 and a future pick. To your point, we may have to trade our 1 and something else to get their 1 & 2.
Yes, because the extra 70 VP's is not chopped liver, like I said above, thats the equivalent of a 4, so they might want those VP's back if they give us #12 and #43 , but I think we can take a hardline on this one and get them to overpay by those 70 VP's, and I would seriously tell them its NO DEAL if they don't, that it doesn't make sense for us to trade down from 6 where we can snatch one of the Tier 1 prospects, down to 12 for Tier 2, unless they are willing to swallow those 70 VP's ... and its not a tactic, I would mean it.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Whats up with Kendrick Ellis?

He's a really good backup NT and I'd love to have him back. Is he an unrestricted FA or restricted?

If we don't bring him back, then we need another NT, because you can't just have one, so its smart to keep him.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Wait a minute, I forgot about TJ Barnes, 360 Pounds, thats a big man!

Haven't paid much attention to him, but are we cool if Ellis leaves and he's our backup nose tackle?

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Imaging the Jets take an elite edge rusher at 6, and IMO this is a potential #1 ranked defense:

DE Mo Wilkerson
NT Snacks
DE Sheldon Richardson
==
OLB Dante Fowler (Gregory, Ray, Beasley or Dupree)
ILB David Harris
ILB Demario Davis
OLB Quinton Coples
==
CB Darrelle Revis (Milliner/McDougle/Williams)
SS Calvin Pryor (Allen/Jarrett)
FS Marus Gilchrist (Allen/Jarrett)
CB Antonio Cromartie (Milliner/McDougle/Williams)
NB: Buster Skrine

That has "dominant defense" written all over it.